Question for RtM pros!

leesy

Hey - yet more questions.

Just wondered if anyone had tried to make the blamange (sp?) style dessert suggested in the book (sugar free jelly and a pack).

Just wondered what quantities I should use and how long it takes to set etc?

Thanks!

Leesy
xox

OOh....sounds lovely.....but no replies, so maybe not popular?

Hi Leesy

This sounds yummy and I'm now digging around for my recipe book :) I'll be allowed sugar free jelly from thursday onwards, so might give this a whirl then!
Hope you are getting on ok with RtM? I'm doing ok, but never been very patient and I keep willing the week to pass so I can get onto the next bit!!

Not sure if this might help: I am not on route to management but I when I was on WW I used to make desert with Sugar free jelly and fat free yogurt. Usually I would add fat free yogurt in place of the cold water in the SF jelly recipe (which is about 8oz or 240 ml), SO I am assuming you would use a whole pack, make it cold, use a cup of hot water to dissolve the jelly and then add the pack in place of the water.. it usually would set in 2 - 3 hours.. just like normal jelly.

Thanks everyone - that's great! I will give it a go and report back later!

Monkey - I am the same, because my RtM classes are on a Friday, I need to do a shop that brings in the next weeks choices at the weekend, so have to remind myself when I can actually have something!

Looking forward to tomatoes and lean meat (mmmm lean bacon!) as of Friday. Its good fun though, and the sugar free jelly is a real saviour. I have also fallen in love with Total 0% greek yoghurt - its so versatile, I think it will become a staple even post RtM.

Enjoy!

Lisa

Leesy, would you be able to post your recipe/instructions when you have done? I would like to try it when I get there.

Well....pleased to report my first attempt was a success! And very very yummy.

I took advice from here, and added a couple of small teaspoons of sugar free jelly (dissolved in in hot water first - make sure you properly dissolve it or it goes a bit lumy as mine did!). Then filled up with cold water to 200mls, added a strawberry pack and whizzed it all up with the blender. Put it in the fridge and let it set. I think 2 hours would be enough for it to set properly, but I didn't eat it until about 4 hours later - not sure what effect that had on nutritional content?

Anyway, it was very creamy and a real change from my usual strawberry mousse so for those in RtM, or about to go into RtM, I would definitely recommend it. Will try another flavour with a vanilla pack I think - will report back.

Thanks,

Leesy
xox

Back