Question re. RC recipes

Discussion in 'Rosemary Conley' started by hobbesy, 15 March 2010 Social URL.

1. hobbesy

hobbesy Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(12.74%)
    Diet:
    RC
    Hi all,

I've been following RC's low gi hip & thigh since new year, just from her book and have been going ok (12lbs so far).

I've bought the last two magazines for some new recipe ideas, and have enjoyed the articles, etc but am a little confused by the recipes as they show a fat amount per serving, whereas I've been looking at eating under 5g per 100g (ie.under 5%)? How do I work out what is allowed? I know they do different eating plans but thought they were all vaguely the same. Does giving this per portion info work for some people, or am I right in thinking if they showed per 100g also (like in the book) then it'd be easier to work out what we can have?

Am I actually half asleep and missing something really obvious?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. metrognome

metrognome is getting better at it

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i have e mailed the powers that be at rosemary conley asking this question about the fat content in the recipes that they have that are over the 5% fat ruleing and i will let you know when i have a reply as i am finding it very confusing as well

4. SarahSez

SarahSez Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(43.51%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    ok you need to follow the 5% fat per 100g rule and RC recipes are with the 5% rule. However, the government require that all foods are shown as grams of fat per serving.

HTH

5. hobbesy

hobbesy Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(12.74%)
    Diet:
    RC
    Oh yay :) So I can use ANY of the recipes from the magazine (so long as I'm sticking to my calories)? Thats makes much more sense and makes me much happier. I was looking at the fat contents thinking 'why would she write a diet then put recipes in her magazine you can't eat while on it!'

6. SarahSez

SarahSez Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(43.51%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Yep thats right, as long as you have the correct servings and count your calories RC recipes are all fine.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.