Quiet on here isn't it! - (or Sean's RTM Journey)

Thaks BL, Sage advice as always.

New choices from tomorrow, including Tomato (hooray), and passata etc. Which begs the obvious question, if I can't cook veg on week 3 do I have to have tin toms & passata cold? Now that would be daft so from tomorrow night I'm planning on having cooked tomato sauces with my meals (and about time too...)

That said, tomorrow's menu is ham & egg salad (1st time I can have whole eggs, and didn't see the point in just eating egg whites), so looking forward to that.

I'm sat in a hotel in Southampton, having just eaten my first meal in public (on my own) since New year's Eve, 17 weeks ago. The menu was fantastic - pub grub so full of burgers, pies, chips etc etc etc etc....

But I was well behaved and ordered a pint of soda water, and the chicken salad with pasta removed and dressing on the side. Also I didn't eat any of the tomato and tried not to have the grated carrot, so all good (if a little obsessive). However, I did allow them to put lemon & lime in the water (slices), and I had King Prawn swewer on the side, so significantly more than the 100g protein portion. But really enjoyable, and about the only healthy choice I could have made :0

So onwards & upwards, down to 2 packs from tomorrow & let's see what challenges that brings. Good news though that other meat choices are available so I'm planning on steak, pork, lean mince etc into the routine next week. Can't wait

Thanks BL - felt really pleased with myself (sad I know) especially when the guy next to me had a double-sticky treacle pudding & custard, I could taste it from the smells alone.....ahhhh......

So Weigh-In number 2 on RTM last night and we had a little debate over the loss. Like a fool I stepped on off the scales & back on 3 times and was suitably chastised by LLC. Losses were 5lb, 4lb and 3.8lb, so I decided that we'd call it 3lb for the week as I don't really want to be losing at too great a rate now that I'm eating again. Also 3lb makes it exactly 100lb lost in 17 weeks which has a really great ring to it = LOL

So got home and made my boiled egg & ham salad, with tomato. 3 New foods in one meal and sheer bliss!!!

Now I know I had too much protein again - 2 slices of ham and 4 (yes that's 4) small boiled eggs. But I don't care - ha! Actually this was the first day on 2 packs which had been worrying me, but I realised at 8.00pm when preparing dinner that I had missed the lunch pack as I was in the car, so only actually had 1 pack, plus a (big) salad, then a sugar-free jelly with 3-tsp of 0% yoghurt. SO I don't think I've done any harm and in a way feel liberated to have broken the dependancy on packs.

Right, that's my thoughts up to date. I'm 'cooking' with pasata tonight so will update tomorrow if that's as exciting as I hope!

i'm really enjoying reading how you are getting on each day sean.

can't wait to be joining you in RTM!
daisy x

Thanks Daisy, I'm enjoying writing it - never intended to start as a Blog lol. You'll be here in no time too :)

So last night I had the immense pleasure if pasata with my chicken, added garlic, cumin and balti powder and 'fried' in some swiss bouillon to make a very tomatoey chicken curry. Actually I made a quite chickeny tomato curry as I put way too much pasata in the pan. Anyway, tasted divine with the usual salad, actually felt like I was having a proper 'cooked' meal.

Finished the evening with sugar-free jelly & 3 large tsp of 0% yoghurt. BUT, as I'm allowed "snacks" this week I went back & had ~100g of yoghurt that was left in the tub. I really enjoyed it but don't know if I 'needed' it, or was just 'finishing the pot'. Either way I stopped then and wasn't tempted to have anything else. I really wanted some fruit yesterday but shopping day is today so the house was bare. I'll have my first taste of fruit tonight, wonder if I'll take to it more now as I was never especially bothered before LL.

So that's me up to date. After 3 days with little/no walking (due to work commitments away from home), I got back on track last night last night & have just come back from my lunchtime stroll around the park in the sunshine. This is one habit I definitely want to continue, as not only does it make me feel good, it gets me away from the PC screen, and burns ~ 90 Cals. so win/win/win.

Tonight's menu is the last of the open pasata with prawns. I think I'll have a crack at the hot garlic/chili prawn dishes from Spain (or at least my interpretation), can't wait.

Oh, yes, after 17 weeks of not eating/being 'out' I've got 4 meals away from home in the next 7 days! Tomorrow it's shopping in Birmingham - I'm finally allowing myself to buy new clothes as I'm desperate & don't want to go any smaller. Having literally given EVERYTHING I OWN to charity over the past 4 months! Oddly I'm quite looking forward to it.

So, Lunch in Brum Saturday, then Sunday we're in Cardiff for the Rugby Euro Semi (I'm a Tigers nut), so lunch required; Tuesday Night I'm in Wembley do dinner there and on Thursday we have a works event at the Chinese across the road!!! Will be a real test of resolve on Thursday especially, but I feel strong.

Enough for now, be back soon

Last edited:
Actually let's look at that statement. At work we always have bowls of sweets available and biscuits when we have meetings, often last year I would have 'just one', so I guess over the course of a week that adds up. Also pre LL we used to have lunch-box sized choccie biscuits (penguin etc) in the house which I guess most nights I would eat 1-2 before going to bed (usually in kitchen on my own when waiting for the dog to come in from the garden). So whilst I would almost never eat a pudding, it's certainly not the case that I don't have at least a partially sweet tooth! Hmmm....

I laughed out loud at this and had to read it to OH.

He blushed.

He wandered off and then came back again and said, 'I do that all the time don't I?'

Thank you. ;)

A couple of confessions

Glad you enjoyed F/T, LL really is a journey of self discovery isn't it.

So it's been a long weekend since I last posted & I have to 'fess up.

Saturday was just the most AMAZING day. Finally the day when i restock my wardrobe, and I needed literally everything! Now I'm a typical bloke and shopping is usually a quick in & out and back home, but Saturday we had a mammoth 8 hr shopping trip in Birmingham (now some of the time was spent with my wife looking for an outfit for a wedding but 80% + was on me). More on that on another thread, but as a result we ate at Cafe Rouge in the bullring.

My first proper meal out & I sinned!

OK not badly, we shared a bowl of olives which were divine, and only had 6 so not a bad lapse. For main meal had the Sea Bass with salad, salsa & lentils. I love lentils but pushed them to the side of the plate, but I did eat the chopped onion in the salsa. Sea bass was fantastic and had also been fried with Olive Oil, so that's something else to 'fee up about. It tasted excellent, i felt good about it and although higher calorie than I would normally have had I'm not worried (total Kcals for Saturday ~ 820, hardly enough to make me concerned).

Sunday was heineken cup semi-final day in cardiff, so drove down to watch the game. Arrived around lunch time and as planned found somewhere to eat (not easy when looking for 'healthy' in cardiff on a Sunday). I settled on grilled sirloin steak (my first Red Meat in 18 weeks), again with just salad & English Mustard. I declined the 'large steak Sir?' offer and settled into the smaller portion, after cutting out all fat. Again, a taste sensation. Simple, and tasty.

Took me 40 minutes to finish it (by which time my wife's jacket potato had long-since disappeared), and felt very pleasantly satisfied at the end. The rest of the day went to plan (including the Rugby) and got home to my Soup at around 9.00pm. Did have Muller Light for supper both Saturday and Sunday though - again, just amazing flavours. I hope the taste buds don't lose their excitement too quickly.

So a wet Bank Holiday monday was upon us and lots of jobs around the house took up most of the day (after changing some trousers and looking for more Wedding outfits!). Porridge in the morning with 8-10 frozen blackberries, Soup lunch then dinner of roast chicken breast stuffed with garlic & wrapped in bacon!

I know the bacon is not necessary, but I did cut the fat off, and just wanted to push the boundaries a little further. Served with salad & mustard, again it was absolute heaven. No supper as felt full and no snacks at all over the 3 days - I think I'm slowly getting the hang of making my own decisions on RTM.

SO a really interesting weekend food-wise. Today I'm back in the office but travel to London tonight so another meal alone in a hotel this evening - I'll let you know how I get on later.

TTFN

Last edited:
Sounds like a good long weekend there! I hope Mrs Sean is enjoying having you eat with her. It's something my OH is enjoying again. Surprising isn't it.

Can I ask, how is your body adjusting to the food intake? I'm, erm, finding it interesting! Let's put it this way, when I go into work I will be avoiding the smoking area and welding bays for fear of ignition!!! :eek:

I know I'm a good way away from RTM, but your diary is amazingly informative and thought provoking. Quite gripping reading! :)

Well F/T I didn't want to mention it, but I'm exactly the same - I guess it takes a while for the body to adjust - at least I hope it will adjust!!

Blooming heck TI, that's very kind of you.

So an update on today -->

Managed my walk at lunchtime so at least a little exercise today but now cooped up in a hotel in Wembley - I won't bore you with details but I naively thought that my experience of last week's hotel visit would be repeated. Suffice to say you get what you pay for in Life, and never truer than in hotels. I've gone for cheap & cheerful to keep clients' costs down but I am NOT staying in this chain again.

There's no where to eat here other than hotel, without taking car so full of hope I went to restaurant. The ONLY thing on the menu even remotely healthy was the warm chicken salad. Only problem was they had run out of salad! So either something fried & chips, or nothing was the choice.......

Now I'm not one to complain so I complained lol. After ~ 20 minutes the hotel manager sent one of the reception staff out to buy some salad and ~ 50 minutes later my warm chicken salad arrived. The Salad was fine (straight from the packet) byt the chicken was covered in breadcrumbs and had been deep-fried!

Hobson's choice so I did my best to cut off the outer layer and just eat the chicken & salad. Didn't enjoy it at all & now feel slightly sick and hands STINK of oil. Not planned, not happy, not something I plan on repeating.....

I'm sure overall calories were very low (only drink in bar I could have was tap water - but at least it was free!!), but really can't see any other benefit, certainly not from a nutritional angle.

Anyway, looking forward week 4 starts tomorrow which means I can have cooked veggies (hooray). This will be a God Send as I can finally move on from just eating Salad - after 3 weeks I need a change again, and will also give me an option on Thursday Lunch at the Chinese.

So that's me up to date. Looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow as I'll miss next weeks as again away on Business (Scotland) so it will be a good challenge to be Solo for 14 days and will also take me to end of week 5 (yes the alcohol week).

See you tomorrow

Would you believe it!

Weigh in on Wednesday, I'd spent the morning presenting to business owners in Wembley at conference suits run by an Indian Restaurant. There was a curry buffet laid on at lunch which after the very disappointing fare the night before was sorely tempting believe you me, but not knowing the precise ingredients I stuck to my guns, drank gallons of water and escaped to the car & drive home (boy it did smell good though, and curry is a real favourite of mine), but self control is what I am trying to teach myself so a good test.

Stepped on the scales and had lost an amazing 5lb in week 3 of RTM!!!

In honesty I thing part of that was actually last week as I reported 3lb loss but was really a little higher, but still an amazing result considering the deliberate increase in food this week, and the 'not allowed' items. Also I've not had much time for walking so was really shocked.

That's 105lb lost (7.5 stone exactly) since 2/1/09 - 18 weeks, and gets me into the 12 stone range [ok 12 st 13lb but still I never thought I could get this small, or really wanted to].

This is giving me something else to think about. What weight do I want to have as my 'range' when I finish RTM? What is 'right' for me? I was thinking 14-14.5 stone would be a good healthy range, but I'm under 13 stone now so maybe 13 - 13.5 is right. Part of me though would love to get to 12 stone and for the first time in my entire life have a BMI of 25.

I need more thought on this. Am I just being hyper competitive with myself? (it is one of my traits) In all honesty, I think week 5 and the first few drinks will be the tester.

So, Wednesday night I cooked up my prawn curry with broccoli, onion, mushroom and cauliflower actually cooked in a tomato and garlic and chili sauce. Bliss with raw spinnach. And a cure for my curry cravings from lunchtime. Oh yes, again I had forgotten to have my lunchtime soup as traveling but honestly didn't miss it one bit, so happy with that as well.

Yesterday (Thursday), I had a lunch event that we were hosting at the local Chinese buffet. We hold these every 3 months and at the february event I went to welcome people then slipped away when they started to get food (I was only week 5 on abstinence and couldn't face it), but yesterday I was determined to take a full part and really challenge myself.

So I had a 3 course Chinese lunch!

Starter - resisted all the lovely fried and saucy stuff and had 2 lettuce leaves with the chopped vegetable Yuk Sung, but without any vermicelli. Added hot chili sauce and that was perfect.

Main - as planned, steamed fish in ginger, stir-fry vegetables, chili broad beans with small amount of mince (naughty), and unplanned stir-fry chicken (now I only had a very small amount and this was chosen as it wasn't in a sauce so I figured it wouldn't harm). Again absolutely brilliant and VERY low fat/carb.

desert - small plate of grapes, melon & pineapple (which I know isn't permitted until next week). Again, fresh, cool and delicious!

So really pleased with myself as everyone around me was tucking into the sticky meat, rice, prawn crackers etc and glasses of win (I had ice water). And do you know what, I think I actually enjoyed that lunch more than any other I've ever had at the restaurant!!!

Did feel very full last night so couldn't face the soup, but by 9.30 I needed something so I finished off the sugar-free jelly with low fat yoghurt (actually had about 3 potions worth which was not ideal) so that's 2 days in a row I've gone "off plan" in a way but it's been deliberate and I'm really pleased with how I've felt each time and how I've controlled the eating.

So here we are on Friday morning, and I'm about to jump in the car for a meeting in Heathrow which starts with lunch (what a week for a recovering food-a-holic). I'll let you know how it goes later. :p

Addictive

Hi Sean,
Sounds like you are putting a lot of thought and deliberation into your choices and that's what RTM is all about.
IIdentifying your triggers and re-inforcing the fact that YOU are in control.
One thing to watch:
When you allow yourself little extras and still lose or STS it automatically makes you think you can get away with a bit more and the tendency is to push the boundaries further - human nature and something BL mentioned to me at the week-end.
BEWARE!
The other point - you've mentioned yourself and Minerva said it this week on a different thread:

[That's 105lb lost (7.5 stone exactly) since 2/1/09 - 18 weeks, and gets me into the 12 stone range [ok 12 st 13lb but still I never thought I could get this small, or really wanted to].

This is giving me something else to think about. What weight do I want to have as my 'range' when I finish RTM? What is 'right' for me? I was thinking 14-14.5 stone would be a good healthy range, but I'm under 13 stone now so maybe 13 - 13.5 is right. Part of me though would love to get to 12 stone and for the first time in my entire life have a BMI of 25.

I need more thought on this. Am I just being hyper competitive with myself? (it is one of my traits) In all honesty, I think week 5 and the first few drinks will be the tester.

Success like this can be addictive.
We have addictive personalities or we wouldn't have been here in the first place!
It's tempting just to continue to lose more now you have the recipe (excuse the pun).
But you need to be sensible, know when to stop losing and keep on an even keel You need to be healthy and have enough stamina for your busy job.
Keep it up. I'm sure everyone is following your success. Well done you. x

Too True

SB, I know I have an addictive personality, I am also highly competitive and goal oriented, so the 'challenge' of getting to 12st is appealing to that part of me. However that would be 8 1/2 stone lost from original weight, which was never my aim.

In fact my aim now is to stabilise and get into a routine that I am comfortable with regarding food (and drink from next week). IF that means I lose a few more pounds then so be it. Hopefully I will start to slow the losses over this 2 weeks until next WI, and actually I'll be delighted with a STS.

Regarding the 'not on schedule' foods, I've consciously decided to have them and on each occasion limited the amounts, which is my plan post RTM into the Brave New World. I want to test myself and the security of RTM is the perfect place to do that. I know the trigger weeks will be especially hard and I am looking forward to the challenge (see competitive comment above)

With my colleagues yesterday I had many congratulations but a few 'don't lose too much' comments as well. In honesty I agree with both of them which is good and bad in equal measure. I think I'll ignore the scales, stick to plan as far as my schedule allows and just wait & see what happens. IF I am losing at a fast rate still then I'll make a conscious effort to stop the following week - which includes a long weekend for the Heineken Rugby Final in Edinburgh, so not losing that week will be simple!!;)..

So yesterday ended up as a very long day, leaving home at 6.40 am and not getting back until 10.30 pm from my meetings!

Porridge and frozen blackberry breakfast then Hotel lunch which turned yet again to be a choice of bar snacks! Chicken Caesar ordered (good boy) with dressing on the side. Arrived as a small bowl of Kos lettuce, covered in grated cheddar cheese and garlic croutons with a grilled chicken breast sitting on top. No dressing.

So began the process of removing the croutons and scraping the cheese away from the lettuce. This is getting to be a familiar tale, you'd think somewhere in London it would be possible to get a dish with meat and veg, or a decent salad!

Anyway, long story short, chicken was tasty but needed sachet of English Mustard to give some flavour.

Home at 10.30 and quick soup and sugar free jelly with low fat yogurt then to bed!

What I am finding now I'm well into week 4 RTM is that I'm still enjoying food and especially this week I'm not missing it or feeling especially hungry when there's only small amounts available. But then that's most of the point of RTM isn't it?

TTFN

A more normal day.

Saturday, porridge and fruit breakfast and LL Soup for lunch followed by afternoon at the Rugby (we won again, so that's 2 finals to go to in the next 2 weeks :) ). Got home & planned to eat with the family (1st time all 4 of us have been together since starting LL).

Decided to watch the other semi-final on the TV, but was hungry so cooked 10 spears of asparagus with some balsamic vinegar as a snack. Fresh and gorgeous.

Marinaded lean pork & chicken strips in Soy Sauce, garlic, Spring Onion, Worcester sauce and 1/2 tin chopped tomato for ~ 2hrs. Stir-fry with bean sprouts etc and served (to me) on raw spinach and chopped red pepper.

Again divine, and only 'slip' was that my wife cooked and used a small amount of olive oil in the pan - I wouldn't have bothered but not a biggie.

Rest of the family had the same but served with noodles and NAN bread, with mango chutney. Now eating with them all was good but their 'extras' are 3 of my all time favorite foods so that was a challenge especially as the bread was in front of me & there were 2 slices left over.

BUT I didn't have any, although I was tempted, I talked about it with them & decided I didn't need it so abstained. [good action/crooked thinking??]

However, later that evening I was feeling hungry and as I haven't had any 'snacks' for a few days I had a bowl of fresh strawberries and raspberries with low fat yoghurt (bought fruit in market before going to match), and it was excellent.

Unfortunately though I also later had a Muller Light as well - which was definitely NOT necessary. I did enjoy it but think it was more because I was feeling tired than hungry, so that's something else I need to be aware of!.

So a normal day until the evening when I ended up having a desert and 2 other 'snacks'. Definitely the worst period I've had food wise since starting RTM although all healthy choices. Saying that though we walked about 5-6 miles during the day, and also spent some time clearing our cupboards and taking large boxes of books etc to the Charity Shop, so the exercise was quite high as well.

Today (Sunday) I'm having my first Sunday Dinner with the Family, and plan on eating exactly the same as they do except without Gravy or Potato. Looking forward to it, and again a challenge to face head-on.

This was an interesting read Sean! I look forward to seeing your journey develop over the next few weeks. :) You are definitely enjoying food now, cling on to this feeling - it will disappear eventually. If you get into the *HABIT* of eating extremely slowly you will keep on enjoying it all. I chew every mouthful and enjoy the texture and flavour. Takes me about 30-45 minutes to eat my dinner! LOL. But my OH is also trying to eat more slowly with me which is good. He'd wolf his meals down before! Another advantage of eating slowly is that I actually can listen to my stomach properly, every once in a while I stop and actively feel my "fullness". If I'm quite satisfied, I put down my plate and throw out what's left over. :)

I saw that you are craving curry! I make my own, I buy some curry powder from the shop (there are some powder varieties that do not have any added sugar in them - have a read.) I chop my chicken into small pieces and use a spray of low-cal oil (2 calories per spray won't do much to you :) !) On low heat fry the chicken, add some garlic (I think you're allowed this?). Before the chicken fully cooks, add a few spoons of low-fat yoghurt and stir in some curry powder, mix well and soutee on low heat, stirring quite often so that the yoghurt doesn't seperate. Personally I use a couple teaspoons of low-fat sour cream, but it depends on what you're allowed. ... I do add some passata and a few herbs and spices on top for some deeper flavour and usually chuck in some boiled veggies to bulk it out (or make "rice" from cauliflowers!).
Hope this curry will tickle your tastebuds when you get the chance to make it. :)

Thanks Min, I'm well into my home-made curries already and really enjoying experimenting with them.

Actually only cooking for myself has given me a little more freedom than when the rest of the family are also eating the same food. I may well find myself cooking 2 meals on a regular basis.

DQ - many thanks for putting my Food Lists as a sticky :)

Sunday Dinner

Yesterday was a good day from a food point of view.

Usual breakfast of LL porridge and handful of frozen fruit. For lunch I had cranberry bar (actually I really didn't fancy the soup and wasn't fussed about having anything but I knew if I skipped the 'meal' I'd be tempted to overeat at dinner time).

I cooked the Sunday dinner - first time this year - which was a regular routine in the pre LL days.

We started with fresh asparagus, served with balsamic vinegar or mayo (for those that wanted). Only 4 spears each but a nice fresh appetiser.

Main course was roast beef, yorkshire pudding, mixed steamed veg and Jersey Royal Potato with lashings of beef gravy :) At least that's what everyone else had!

I had beef & veg (but not the beans/peas), and a drizzle of Marigold Swiss Bouillon and a teaspoon of Dijon Mustard. There was plenty for my tastes, but seeing the others tucking in to yorkies and gravy was 'interesting'.

Really good to share a proper family dinner again, and nice that our Son was with us for both meals over the weekend as well.

Around 9.00pm a bowl of sugar free jelly (mixed from packet with handful of frozen berries), and low fat fromage frais. Again, I was tempted to have something else, but recognised the time of day and just had a single strawberry that my daughter offered.

All in all a pretty good day with much more 'normal' eating than before. All sets me up for a good week - I'm 2 days away from home in hotels again (Scotland), then Heathrow hotel again on Friday and Sunday Lunch booked for next weekend before my Parents go abroad for 7 weeks.

Should be fun, I'm really looking forward to proving to myself that I CAN do this and I really have MADE A LASTING CHANGE - especially as from Wednesday I should be having 2 meals + 2 packs + snacks (sounds like an awful lot to me) - how did others cope with the transition into week 5?

Oooh I bet the dinner with your family felt brilliant didn't it! :D That sense of "normality" is back - which I must say has always been the only problem for me on LL. Well done on it all, and don't think too much about the yorkshire pud's... They're a waste of calories that could (in the future) be used on much tastier things! :D I dunno, sometimes I look at food that way, if I'm hungry surely I'd want a large plate of some protein+vegetables rather than the same calorie value in a tiny chocolate bar. Calorie density and all that.... o_O

And I wish you luck with 2 Foodpacks and 2 Meals a day! It sounds like a bit much - but remember now you're upping your protein in-take a little (150-200g protein depending on the "oiliness of it") - and you split it over the course of lunch and dinner. So lets say you cut up two slices of turkey breast pieces, over some salad + some salad dressing and take that to work with you as lunch, and then have your usual 100-125g of protein +veg in the evening. :)

I'm reading that you're around Heathrow a lot... I really hope you're not getting caught out by the Brentford traffic/road works. Ohhhh they make me angry they do.

A small confession

In some way's I'm quite happy, but in reality I let the 'craving' get the better of me last night.

I'd had a good day and around 7.30 started on my dinner - prawns with curry paste, pasata, red pepper and a 1/2 onion. I thought I'd try the Cauliflower 'rice' rather than salad and I duly blitzed 100g of cauli, microwaved for 1 min and served with praws. I have to say yet again it was really tasty and the closest to a 'proper' meal I've had to date.

Now I knew I'd had too much protein (155g of prawns), but otherwise was happy and still hungry so has a desert of sugar-free jelly with small amount of mixed fruit. The whole meal took me about 45 minutes to eat which was good, but at the end there was 1/2 bowl of teh jelly left (aprox 2 servings).

Now I'm away from home for 48 hours and the 'devil' in me decided that it wouldn't keep, so rather than putting back in the fridge and suggesting that my Daughter finished it - yes I strayed from the path of rightousness and finished the lot!

I'm not proud of the fact, and although it was still very low cal (and 'allowed') I really don't think I needed it. This is I believe my first significant challenge....

What's more, in the day I had bought fresh raspberries for my snack and I still has a bowl of these with low fat yougurt about an hour later!! I'm sure this was more habit than anything else, and again the time of day is significant (about 9.30). I've kept to the routine of having my snack around 9.00pm as that's when I had my bar on abstinence and has always been a trigger time for me. I'm not sure now though if I should be avoiding alltogether, or if I should simply accept that it's part of my makeup to snack at that time, accept it and make sure I have healthy options available.

Hmm more thought needed [again]

So today, in meeting over lunch an didn't indulge with sandwiches & crisps but had a helping or 2 of grapes. Felt good and recognised about 30 minutes ago that I was feeling hungry so I've purchased a small egg salad here in the airport (it's 4.00 pm). I know I won't get to hotel until about 9.00pm tonight so it'll be late befoer I eat again and don't want to be too hungry and get overly tempted.

I think this is a sound reason for eating, although I have missed a pack and substituted with an extra meal (which I will need to do as week 5 starts tomorrow, so I'm only a little early). But I can't escape from the feeling that I've over-eaten today especially after yestarday's challenges.

Saying that my food log shows that even yesterday I only managed 800 KCal, which is nothing compared to the 2,500 I am working back towards so I need keep things in perspective.

Wish me luck, I think teh next few days could be interesting...

Back