Quins; back to the plan.

A crazy rugby weekend.

Saturday started off red then ended up taking the boys out for something, let them decide as a treat, they chose Pizza Gut. ( I hated it, salad bar was rank and not a thing on the menu very sw friendly, ended up with loads of salad plus some naughty bits and a pizza thin crust...

Had a massive day, from Kent to Gloucester to pick up 2 for a S W England colleges Rugby League trial in Bristol...... Then back to Gloucester to drop one off, bring son back to lay in a union cup final on Sunday morning in Kent, put him in a train Sunday afternoon. We are all knackered., but well with it , trial went well, find out later in the week if they got through and his team won the cup final.

B. omlette

L. Morrisons saver curried chicken and cherry tomatoes

D. Pizza Gut too many syns

Sunday

Green

B. 2 wm ww Danish toasted with egg and beans
L. Roast chcken hex b no 2 , roast spuds , loads of veg. 4 syns for gravy

Snacks, a tesco meat free burger with some spaghetti with Quorn mince that I made for tomorrow's lunch

Half a rock cake, 5 syns, a pint if Guinness to celebrate the cup victory .. Too many syns again and too much of a hectic weekend

Green

B. bubble and squeak beans egg

L. Quorn mince spaghetti with a tesco meat free burger ( half syn) on top, salad.

Snack hex b ww wm Danish toasted laughing cow light and 2 syns jalapeño sauce
A Jaffa cake 2 syns?

D. Instant mash, 4 meat free burgers 2 syns , mushy peas, 3 syns salad cream and mustard

Options 2 syns, 2 t spoon choc spread 4 syns...

15.5 syns

Having only just got rid if laryngitis I'm now full of rotten cold, can barely see, eyes streaming etc,

Feel rubbish.

Red

B. nothing

L. Chicken veg soup made by mrs, couldn't taste it but it was hot.

D. Jacket, chicken salad, 4 syns for mustard and salad cream, trying to get some taste

Hot choc options, 4 syns made a big one

Piece of home made turkey pie, small piece, 5 syns? 14 syns ish

44 miles done , 5 more walked, 49 miles total (500 last year)

Green

B. some spaghetti

L. Quorn mince spaghetti with salad

Snack 2 ww wm toasted with dairy lea light and 1 syn jalapeño sauce

D. Leftover roast dinner veg mixed into bubble and squeak with baked beans,

Activa yoghurt and banana

Syns 1

49 done, 11 miles done last week, 60 miles total (500 last year)

Feeling better

Will make an effort with my food diary and getting back on track.

Hope everyone is well and ok, Suztflo how's it going? It all seems a bit quiet out there.....

So I'm feeling better, raring to get back and focus on m sw diary and get my son back t college in Gloucester, meet a RL coach a a new club and looking or ward to my son's SW England college trial ( part 2 ) this Saturday , plus hs rugby union match fir his home club in a national competition on Sunday.

However, life is never that straight forward. This morning after breakfast he had low abdominal pain, just before we're departing for Gloucester. Managed to load the car with his belongings ( washing that came back for half term) and get an emergency appointment with a GP. Diagnosed as possible appendicitis so we were referred to hospital. And that's as far as we got. Been here all day, consultant surgeon wants to operate. The boy is distraught.......

Green. Weighed his morning, 13'1 8 , v pleasd as not stuck to plan over last couple of weeks due to parties and illness.

B. sw rosti, beans, mushroom, egg

L. Fresh air

Green

Back to hospital to collect son, finally got away after 5pm...

B. 2 wm ww Danish toast, egg, beans mushrooms

L. Jacket spud beans

D. Snacked on a jacket, then had another jacket with some Quorn mince and onions stew type thing

2 wm ww Danish toasted with phili lite and pickle , 4 syns, Slice of cherry pie small 4 syns, activa yoghurt. 2 syNs for t spoon of choc spread.

10 syns

Green

B. 2 small eggs fry lite savoury Quorn mince omelette , small amount Phili lite

L. Instant mash, savoury Quorn mince, mushy peas made into a cottage pie at work. 3 syns for ketchup

D. Morrisons meat free burgers 1 syn and chic pea curry, pataks rogan gosh paste, passata , 3 syns? Boiled rice

3pz chickens breast or less hex b

Snack 2 ww wm toast with laughing cow lite, 3 syns for jalapeño sauce

10 syns plus an options hot choc, 2 syns, 12

Last edited:
Green

B. porridge hex b, water truvia chopped banana

L. Chick pea curry and rice , made with pataks rogan gosh paste , 2 or 3 syns?

D. Spaghetti carbonara sw style, no bacon, cheese hex a, 2 syns for some sauce

Snacks, 2 wm hex b toasted with morrisons meat free burger , salad, , 1.5 syns for sauce and burger

A bite of cherry pie, 2 syns, a bite of roast chicken,2 syns, a coconut sweet at work 3 syns. 13.5 syns

Green

B. sw wedges left over, beans

L. Scrambled eggs and left over beans,

D. Spaghetti noodles, stir fry veg and lean pork loin , 4 syns for some hoisin sauce, and splash of oil used in 2 different woks , between 4 people,

Snacks through day. 2 wm nimble toasted, 1 meat free burger .5 syn, 1 syn BBQ sauce , salad
3 syn , piece of home made rock cake with t spoon jam.

9 syns

Green

60 miles done, 9 miles last week, 69 total ( 500 miles last year)

B. Linda McCartney sausages 2 syns, in wm nimble toasted with smear of phili lite, 1 syn BBQ sauce

L. Spaghetti in butternut squash thick soup/ sauce

D. Roast pork, 8 syns, ate more than should have , mash and veg and gravy 2 syns

Snack smash and mushy peas, banana .

Syns 13

Really losing it in the evenings,

Yesterday had a retirement do to go to, beers, got home so hungry. Did so well during the day on green or Healy EE?

B. egg beans 2 wm nimble toast half a grapefruit.

L. Smash, mushy peas, loads of salad, tesco near free burger .5 syn, 2 syns for salad cream

Beers

D. Boiled rice and extra lean mince chili con with extra veg

Then today green

B. scrambled egg beans toast

A cake, at least 10 syns

L. Salad, mushy peas , smash, meat free burger.5 syn, 2 syns salad cream

D. 2 tins spaghetti,

Snack Quorn Swedish meat balls, in wm nimble 2 syns BBQ sauce, red onion, Phili lite spread on toast.

Then had 2 slices of bread and butter, ruined it, feel crap about myself, stressed too.

Red

Better discipline.

B. nu me sausages, tinned tomatoes, 2 wm nimble toast 3 syns

L. Quorn Swedish balls, meat free burger .5 syn, salad, 2 syns salad cream

D. 2 nu me sausages .2 syns, Quorn swedish balls, salad, .2 syns 8 oz jacket potatoe, 2 syn sald cream, tinned toms mushroom and onion sauce

Activa yoghurt banana. Chic options 2 syns

13.5 syns

69 miles completed, 12 miles this week, total 81 miles done (500 last year)

A good day followed by another bad day, evening out , wine and nibbles. I'm really struggling to get a good run and get back into target range.

So yet again, I climb back on the SW plan.

Yesterday

Red or EE?

B. omlette, mushrroms, tinned toms, 1 rasher lean bacon chopped, onions

L. 3 tesco meat free burgers, 1.5 syn, salad

Tempted by a Belgian waffle biscuit thing, too much nice stuff in the office, 10 syns possibly? Who knows...

3 glasses of red, 2 halves beer, olives

D. Pete's peanut curry, rice.

Red

B. 3 egg omlette with mushrooms, onions and tinned toms.

L. Salad and 2 meat free burgers morrisons, 1 syn

Snacks, ham, an egg and meat free burger in toasted nimble wm from 400gm loaf, 1.5 syn for burger and sauce .

D. Stir fired ( in fry lite ) marinaded chicken breast ( garlic and 5 spice ) , pak choi, carrots mushrooms peppers, mange tout, sliced greens and a chili, then braised in chicken stock with chopped garlic and fresh ginger . Beautiful.

2 muller lite choc sprinkle , 1 syn, and 2 bananas. That stopped me picking at rubbish.

Will call it 5 syns in case I've missed counted on a sauce.

Sunday turned out wrong...had a monster trip taking son back to Gloucester , no food prepped for me, watched a rugby league match in Cheltenham , bloody cold. Succumbed to roast pork roll, then a Chinese buffet, got home at nearly midnight having set out at 9.30.

Today better

Green

B. fresh air,

L walked 3 miles on top of my normal stuff

Tesco meat free burgers, 2 syns, 2 syns for salad cream, 1 syn value mash, salad

D. Linda McCartney sausages , 2 syns, mushy peas, salad,2 syns salad cream

Muller lite black cherry layer and banana 2 syns

11 syns, now that I know the mash and burgers are not free and half a syn, can see where I have been going wrong. Tesco value mash is half syn per 100 gm made up! Will be ditching that, plus I thought the tesco burgers were half a syn....

Last edited:
This turned out to be the week from hell as far as SW concerned...... A trip to Europe, a do at an Embassy , another unbreakable engagement then a fiftieth birthday. I'd to say that there were sw friendly options that I were on offer and that I stuck to them.....unfortunately not, it was all so lovely and the company fantastic. Yet again, trying to get back on track. Never give in, always tomorrow .

Back