Quins; back to the plan.

1 syn per 100grms, not bad :D

Thanks Happyholidays, that's not bad at all, v pleased, they are better than the chicken breasts. £2.50 for box of 4 is good for work lunches too.

Just done 55 of the hardest miles yet. Schoolboy error in preparation. Been feelin rough all week, think sinuses on cusp of something, my face has been hurting, pain behind eyes. Struggling to get out of bed all week. So having been on red all week my prep fir today's rude was a cup of coffee. Left the house with my bottke full of no added sugar squash and expected a great performance. Even on my ride in I knew I was not feeling it, I usually put out an average speed of over 17mph, today I could barely sustain 16mph. Our route took us straight into hill climbing. Up Chart Hill rd . Mud in the raid didn't help, think tyres slipping all the time, felt like riding on ice as my rear wheel slid sideways underneath me. Then down Weirton Hill, chestnuts and leaves covering the road made it a slow descent. Then up Church Hill, by then I was gasping like goldfish, heart rate in the 186 bpm zone. Then another tricky descent and then off through to Hunton to clim Barn Hill. My goldfish impression turned into a basking shark! This hill nearly did for me. We came down Hunton hill and pushed along to Hadlow college cafe, 29 miles done and sweat dripping. An Americano and scrambled eggs on toast usually helps, but not today. Refilled my bottle with water and we left for the homeward leg. 5 miles in and more hill climbing. My left hamstring started to cramp, badly. Then on a long climb my right hamstring joined in. I remembered that I had lowered my saddle by about 5 mm, could that be the cause? I continued until both legs really did seize up, agony! I had to stop ,once the spasms had stopped I adjusted my saddle back up and ride on. Grateful that the rest if the group had waited along the road. I was suffering badly. Far from leading the run home in on a fast paced train I was struggling to get home. I really had to dig deep and fight the pain, keep a rhythm and cadence in the 90s to make it easier on my legs that were shot to bits. It was a lonely and painful last 10 miles. It gave me plenty if opportunity to reflect on my mistake. I couldn't wait to get back to the shop and buy an isotonic drink. A drink has never tasted so good. I pledged that I would never let this happen again. Midweek turbo sessions carbs the night before a club rude ( 100km sportive next week!) proper iso timing drink and electrolyte tablets. What was I thinking!

Wow I'm exhausted just reading about your ride!
Happyholidays , it was awful, so much pain. I really wondered if would get home.

Just done a 15 mile spin , back to a normal pace after yesterday's torture. Fast ride . averaged over 17mph. I craved carbs yesterday, stuffed my face with pasta and rice snacks all evening. Don't even feel bloated this morning.

Last edited:
Saturday

Green

B. Fresh air cup of coffee, 55 mile bike ride, most painful yet.

L. Scrambled egg on toast, cup off coffee, 2 sugars

Snack at home , home made Singapore rice

D. Pasta made with yoghurt and some red Thai paste

Activia yoghurt

Some stir fry veg and chicken breast from the Thai curry that my daughter made. Hungry all afternoon and evening

Sunday

Red

B. Lean bacon, tomatoes peppers mushrooms onions, LMc red onion and rosemary sausage and 2 Quorn .2 syns fry light egg and 1 ww wm toast.

15 mile fast bike ride, average 17.5 mph.

D slow cooked leg lamb for daughter home from uni and my parents, jacket spud fir me and green beans, carrots, greens and cauliflower. Just had to have 2 mini Yorkshire puds and a glass of wine.
More syns on 3 spoons of sticky toffee pudding! Lovely.

Thursday

Red

B. Scrambled eggs and cottage cheese

L. Chicken legs and left over chili, salad, wm pitta syns 5 or 6 , no idea what brand as it was given to me at work

D. Sw turkey hot pot 1 syn

Friday

Green

B. Magic porridge , 2 syns as I added extra ( long train journey for work p)

L. Took my own home cooked pasta in Tom sauce with some cheese hex a and spinach

D. Attempt at making Quorn mince balls as per sw recipe and Tom sauce, they fell apart ( made with potato mashed , herbs etc onions and egg white, rubbish for balls but tasted nice) ended up a very thick bolognaise.

Anyone know how to make the balls? I think they need to be baked off.

Will give that a go, I was really excited at the prospect of making Quorn balls, burgers , it's now a challenge....

Just did 100km Kent Cycling Association Reliability Trial , quite a good ride. I ended up adding 15 miles to the total as I rode to the start and home from the finish. Not on plan today. My garmin says I used over 2000 calories on the 77 miles..

B. Porridge hiney and raisins During ride, jelly babies, an energy bar, isotonic drink, and a very welcome 2 sluices of toast and marmalade at the fuel stop.. 2 pints beer at end the pub Finnish then ride home,

L v small portion of left over beef curry and a small naan. Still Hungry!

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 HelveticaNeue;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red153\green153\blue153;\red249\green249\blue249;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs24 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://www.strava.com/activities/211916181/embed/51c83ac2d6aa99d27a5ba1897858771641307b50'></iframe>}

Hi everyone. Sorry it's been a while. Had a horrible run up to Xmas, my mother in law died, couldn't have funeral until 5th. Jan. Computer blew up, the car broke down and my poor mrs went into town and left a pot of chili cooking ( caught it just in time). Hurt my back just after Xmas ( putting my cycling overshoes on!) and today I got smacked up the ar£e by a car wing mirror on bike ride(v painful!).

Hopefully that's all the disasters out the way.

Wishing you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2015.

Will be starting a diary again as I need to get back to summer weights and beyond if possible as I've been invited to ride Alpe D'Huez in June ( more pain!)

57.5 painful miles today, over 2000 calories burned according to Garmin 800, not sure about that.

Greenish

B egg on 1 slice crusty wm , with butter. Coffee

L. Bike ride cafe stop....2 egg in 2 wm with spread. Coffee with a sugar, isotonic drink while riding,

2 bananas

D. 3oz chicken breast jacket potato, Brussels, carrots, peas, gravy syns 5

Satsuma

Snacked in some pasta that I made for tomorrow's lunches.

Hi Happyholidays , sorry for your loss too. The bad run hadn't ended, a work mate died over Xmas ( funeral next week), another younger work mate was taken into hospital weekend and put in an induced coma ( his wife couldn't seemed wake him up from sleep) and now my father in law has been taken into hospital today ( has cancer and heart condition...)

We are feeling bashed up by it all.

The trip to Alpe D'Huez is being arranged by the fast intermediate group at my club, just a test of endurance. It's a bit if an iconic climb that features in the Tour De France. We will have several routes to take in some famous climbs, it's not an official trip or race.

Red

B. Scrambled eggs on ww wm 1 syn sauce

L. Chicken thighs, salad 2 ww wm toast, hot Bajun pepper sauce

D. Chicken thigh casserole.

Back