quitting ciggies and dieting together?!

Thank you everyone xxx even after the crappiest day at work ( lots of tears shouting and bad atmosphere -not from me, from the people in supposed charge! ) I have not given in, but....I wanted alcohol after a day like today and realised that makes me crave the fags AND junk food!

I gave into the junk but no fags.would rather eat like **** than smoke atm x

I took up knitting when I was giving up - it was amazing for concentrating on something, a sense of achievement, and for keeping those idle hands busy. You can do it :) x

Thank you everyone xxx even after the crappiest day at work ( lots of tears shouting and bad atmosphere -not from me, from the people in supposed charge! ) I have not given in, but....I wanted alcohol after a day like today and realised that makes me crave the fags AND junk food!

I gave into the junk but no fags.would rather eat like **** than smoke atm x

Fairy, I am sorry to you had to cave into anything after such a bad day, but I am with you on this one, I can have a bad day junk food wise and go back to 100% the next day but if I give into a smoke I am hooked again ...No thanks give me food anytime ...keep up the great work honey, you're so worth it xx

My stats :D But last night I had 'the dream' you know the one where you are smoking and then wake up believing that it really happened! Happy to say it was just a dream. Phew!!

Attachments

• image-368192046.jpg
    image-368192046.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 33
Well done everyone on having given up.

I am on champix, been on them for two weeks now, and I am now entering day 4 of being smoke free and loving it.

Not really had any bad cravings and even lost 2lb in weight this week. Really happy that things are going so well.

Well done everyone on having given up.

I am on champix, been on them for two weeks now, and I am now entering day 4 of being smoke free and loving it.

Not really had any bad cravings and even lost 2lb in weight this week. Really happy that things are going so well.

Excellent, keep up the good work, I love being smoke free, I feel so liberated, don't have to look for places to smoke, don't have to stand outside any more in the cold and damp cos where I am doesn't allow smoking. When my lot (I have 3 in the house still smoking), go outside to have a smoke especially in the cold and wet...I just laugh and snuggle up lmao
My favourite thing though, is not smelling of cigarettes and the house no longer smelling of them either ...I won't let my lot smoke outside my house, they have to go across the road and stand on the green in case it blows back into the house..ott? No I don't think so, even if they do lol xx

Thank you Lily.

I am still getting the odd times when I think - Oh lets go and have a cigarette before I do such and such, then its great to think, I dont smoke any more.

I never smoked in the house, but I was the only smoker so I have not smelled any smoke since I gave up.

I am still getting the odd times when I think - Oh lets go and have a cigarette before I do such and such, then its great to think, I dont smoke any more.
I still get that occasionally but it's just a fleeting thought which makes me smile now and feel all smug. 6 months yesterday for me :D

I still get that occasionally but it's just a fleeting thought which makes me smile now and feel all smug. 6 months yesterday for me :D

Me too...just yesterday my daughter left her ciggies on the side, she usually doesn't ..keeps them in her bag and as soon as I saw them I was tempted, but then remembered all the times I'd had Bronchitis and thought hell no!! and that's after almost 17 months lol xx

Back