quitting ciggies and dieting together?!

Great Surzy! I am jealous! I am on my second day of nicotine free life. I hope I'll nail it!

Good luck to everyone trying. I gave up smoking cold turkey on the 4th June 2011. Haven't had one since and now it doesn't even bother me.

I lost! Help me! Is there something wrong with me then? I survived the first four days, but I looked for it.

When I started on apidexin 2weeks ago I found it unbarable to smoke because it left a nasty plastic taste in my mouth. Plus ive lost 15lb in the meantime :D

Two birds with one stone :] x

Quitting again

Congrats to you all for making that big first step to kicking the habit and on top of that trying to lose weight too.
I have been told by many people that you should not try to do the 2 at the same time, but I have done it (in the past L . I have been smoking since I was about 13 and really only gave up through pregnancy twice. I gave up for 12 months a few years ago and due to work/stress I started again and regret it L
I have tried the tablets – did not work for me, then tried the patches and inhaler. New Year’s Eve 2010 I quit without anything. After about day 7 I went and saw a Chinese herbalist and had acupuncture (just to make sure) and it really helped. I was great for 5 months, never thought about smoking and even the occasions when I would normally smoke, i.e. stress I would not even think about it.
Then……………..
I had a session of acupuncture from a different practitioner and no word of a lie, it had the totally reverse reaction:flamingmad: I craved a smoke and the cravings got worse!! I was going out my mind - I really needed one. 4 weeks on I am still smoking So I am thing of getting teh Paul McKenna quit smoking cd or going to go back to the original person so I can try again. wish me luck :)

Mrsbooty, take a look at the Allen Carr book. He was a heavy smoker and came at it from a completely different angle.

I know this is probably a daft question but do you stop smOking before you start reading the book and the book helps to keep you off them or do you continue to smoke and whilst reading the book you gradually turn off the idea of smoking

You keep smoking and quit right at the end of the book. Good luck. I quit with champix 5 and a half months ago and never looked back. The weight us a different issue as I've piled it on!

Thanks for confirming Diet Kitty. I managed to get an audio copy of the book so will attemp to start listening to a bit daily

thanks again, will let you know how I get on:)

@lily 42, im on my third day of stopping smoking. I had to a I've been diagnosed with bronchitis and it was so painful to smoke!
This is the 3rd chest infection now since the beginning of this year so felt I had to do it once and for all.
Really craving a fag though but I will not give in!!!

@lily 42, im on my third day of stopping smoking. I had to a I've been diagnosed with bronchitis and it was so painful to smoke!
This is the 3rd chest infection now since the beginning of this year so felt I had to do it once and for all.
Really craving a fag though but I will not give in!!!

Hun I can so sympathise with you, and well done on your determination. I had about 8 years of bronchitis before I gave up smoking, how foolish was I?
You can do it, just take one day at a time. Every time I wanted a smoke I would take a few sips of water and chew sugar free gum, then get busy, it soon passed ...I think I missed holding them more and have been known, even as recently as a week ago, to go looking for my smokes, so the habit is still there lol
I have now been totally smoke free since 19th March 2010...and I have never felt better, last Christmas was my 1st smoke free, infection free one for years and it feels magnificent, can't wait for the next one...just wish my husband, daughter and her fiancé who all live with me, would give up too...I really can't stand the stench of them now ....anyway gl hun, keep it up you'll feel so much better for it after xx

Aw thank you hun, I'm feeling much better already the antibiotics are starting to kick on now so that's good!

I'm struggling with cravings a bit but I'll get there, don't want to feel rubbish anymore and run down, just wish my other half would quit too! Well done too you you have done amazing be very proud of yourself xx

You can do it! I've just had my first smoke free holiday and it was great not to rush out of the airport and light up like my life depended on it lol.

Isn't that a great feeling ...well done Kitty x

Well done!
I'm now on day 5 and am doing great, a friend whose a smoker came for a visit and was smoking while having a cuppa, didn't bother me one bit!

Well done!
I'm now on day 5 and am doing great, a friend whose a smoker came for a visit and was smoking while having a cuppa, didn't bother me one bit!

:happy096: Yay go you!!!....love when that happens...but love it more that it does actually bother me now, cos I can't stand the stench anymore... :p:
:yuk: Yuk how did I do that and stink like that for over 40 years ewww :sign0137: lol xx

Yes he was smoking in the car this morning and out was horrible smelt really bad yuk! On day 8 now and still going strong yes! xx

Well done, foodfairy! I gave up smoking first, then once established started the diet. You're braver than I! It gets so much easier after the first week, as you're already finding. Smoking sucks. Yay us :)

Yes he was smoking in the car this morning and out was horrible smelt really bad yuk! On day 8 now and still going strong yes! xx

well done, you're doing brilliantly, keep up the good work xx

Back