Race for life

Hia Lardass,

I can't train at the moment, my back has been playing up something rotten and I am having problems just walking!

However, if it gets better I will train quite simply by walking for one minute and running for one minute alternatively (at first running for one minute will seem like a looooonnnng time) for about fifteen minutes the first day, twenty the next, and so on. When I get fitter I will walk for one minute and run for two etc. Slowly upping the running times.

Son't forget to stretch before and afterwards, it really will help to minimise aching the next day!

I haven't looked, but perhaps there is a section on the Race for Life site which may give you some ideas?

Good luck anyway. Let us know how you get on.

Hi Lardass
I will be walking the race with my friend who is still recovering from cancer so cant help Im afraid as all we intend to do is build up to 5 k by doing 3 k then increasing by 1 k untill we can do it comfortably then work on speeding up a bit nearer the race. I did this race a few years ago and it I came in just under the hour, so I am hoping I can beat that, but the main thing is for us all to support our friend to complete.
Good luck!

we will have to post our experiences and times after.

Hi Everyone.. I'm doing the Rce for Life too:eek: ... I'm going along to the Carlisle one and am hoping to join in with Debbiemac and her fab gang:)

Good luck with the training :D

love xxxx:)

Consider yourself 'joined' :D (Please don't whip me from behind... I promise to go as quick as I can :eek: )

hey Lardass your time for 5 k was great , well done! I did the race a few years a go and came in just under the hour, but I did have a good chat all the way round ! I am doing it with a friend who has cancer and she is a bit knackered after all the radiotherapy, so pace will be dictated by her , but we are hoping for under an hour!
Good Luck with your sponsors , I hadnt had any off Minimins, but I suppose its a lot to ask when so many are doing it?
Love Carole
xxx

Just wanted to wish everyone luck for your races !!!!

I did my race today, bit hot and sweaty but it was a great experience, some of the messages were so motivating.

Time 42 minutes

Well done to all those who have done their race already and good luck to those still to do it.

Hia Dawn,

Great time!

Mine is next Sunday. I am not intending to run though, I am walking with a group of collegues from work, one of which has recently had a mastectomy. We are hoping it doesn't rain!

I did my Race for Life yesterday on Plymouth Hoe along with 5,000 ladies of all shapes and sizes !

I ran/walked the race with ,my work buddy Leanne and she is 19 , im 32 . we did it in 38 mins !!!

I took 25 mins off my time from last year so was really really pleased :party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:

I must say i dont think i would have done it without leanne , i know your not gonna read this mate but a BIG :thankyou:

Good luck to all of you who still have your race's to do im sure you will have a very enjoyable day and a very emotional day too !!!! :grouphugg:

Well done you, i want to get in the 30's next year.

Ooh Im doing this in Loughborough on sunday. I did it last year as well in about 42 mintues but as I have been training for the marathon I should easily break it this year Im thinking about 26 mins or so. However Im running it with an inexperienced friend so it will be a run/walk strategy I think.

It really is a fab day - the messages are so sad I found myself welling up the whole time last time year.

Good Luck to you all and I hope you have a fantastic day....:) xxx

Good luck lardass, I took am doing the RFL. Mine is on Sunday. All the best :) x

Good Luck, im also doing the race for life! Im scared about it to be honest :D

Be thinking of you all tomorrow, good luck.

Back