Rachie B's Fighting Diary

I get the 'I want to kill somebody' mood swings too - I find it happens if I have to do too much or let myself go to long without 'eating' Like the TOTM feeling I get, so not looking forard to adding that to the mix! Maybe you are due on because I want to eat or kill everything in sight in the run up to it! I know quite a few have had there TOTM early - joy!

Glad you like the coat - not sure what sexy little outfit I shall get to go under it yet ;)

I think although seemingly impossible right now - we are doing the right thing trying to give ourselves that 7lbs to play with! We can and will do this!! And so what if oh is slim before you - you are getting wolf whistles - go girly!!!

Feeling much better besides the odd bout of homicidal thoughts :p - hey at least if we do time for killing our oh we won't have temptation from the fridge!! lmao

How you all doing this week?

Keeping my clothes hunt until after Ive lost another stone, went down to 12:10 earlier in year, so all clothes fit then! Now just closing by luck and safety pins (joke...Im not really a scruffy rag bag!!). But I think after 12:10 every thing Im wearing now will fit again, so got few weeks till everything baggy!
Anyway back to work have good rest of week!

Hey ladies. Sorry I've not been on here for a few days. I had a long evening last night filled with my computer not wireless printing and we have decided to appeal against the decision of student finance England. Sadly they decided that since my partner hasn't been in this country for 3 years prior to his course in Sept, he is not eligible for finance assistance. He is uk born and breed but moved to the states when he was 22 to get married to his ex wife. Talk about ripping off heads I phoned their customer service (use that definition loosely) call centre and got some eejit who couldn't differentiate is nose from his elbow.

Anyway the appeal letter is in and fingers crossed. If this fails then we will have to find £3375 each year for the next 4 years!!!!!! We don't have that money. If they had said when we applied back in April then we could've started saving. What I don't get is that we will pay the money back with interest and then when he gets a fab job he will be paying more tax, so he isn't exactly sponge-ing of the government.

Anyway, with all of this I still have stuck to the plan and it is amazing how much I used to run to food whenever I was uncomfortable and felt that there was a threat to my comfort zone. Through exante, I am appreciating that I need to re-assess my dependance on food for enjoyment, comfort, energy and distraction.

Now I am looking forward to clothes shopping and being obsessed with looking my best and feeling fab about myself.

How are we all doing today? My rage has subsided, for now ;-) xxx

:( Hope things work out for you both hun.

Well done for not letting the stress get you down and sticking to plan :) I hope you have a great week xx

Hi Kattegat. Thank you for your support and the fact that when I update my stays, I have cheers and condolences where needed.

This week is proving to be tough. I am up at 4.30 am and then not getting in til about 5. I am travelling all over the country, I have taken the informed decision to have a pack of chicken which, is 200 cals exactly. I am not sure if I can say I am 100% but I do feel it, the extra chicken is making sure I don't feel lighted when carrying out my site visits and not crash and completely end the day as a gibbering wreck!!!!!!!!!

Actually after I have typed this I am going to declare my progress as being 100%. I do feel better with my clothes feeling looser but not noticeably but enough for me to notice.

How is your progress going? Xxx

LOL I have to check in on you and see how you are doing :D

Hun I think you need the extra cals working such long hours so that you can stick to the diet - you are doing great and I would say you are 100% because you are having nothing bad :D

Have a great week with even better losses xx

Katt you are such a sweetheart!!!! Thank you for your support. I have a sh*t week (pls excuse my language). I think in total I have racked up about 55 hours of work. I am not tired but my bowels are not well (TMI!!!) I love this diet but OH is looking so skinny now, he has already dropped a jean size in three weeks. My mammoth thighs are still mammoth and I can't see any difference. My clothes feel the same but I suppose my muffin top is getting less so therefore my clothes are probably fitting better. My OH stays at home and works on the house and does chores whilst we are waiting to move and he then goes to uni as a mature student (I am not a cougar!!) Anyway, I travel all over the country and work on site, come home and have to write reports, I get stressed and organise the home and tasks and he has the nerve tonight to say 'oh I think you have lost about 2lbs) Well!!!!!!! I nearly killed him with bare hands!!!!

Anyway, kept strong on the plan, but my test is on Sunday where I shall be eating but only meat. I really don't want anyone to notice that we are on exante because i have tried CD and LL. I just want to say I am losing weight slowly as people rarely notice weight when they have seen you a lot.

I am so eager to drop a dress size so that I can start feeling better and see the results. At the moment I am not seeing anything sadly. How are you doing? What have you noticed about yourself? Have you ordered you new red coat? I can't have my coat until I have sold things on ebay so I can afford the coat. I have to save for my OH tuition fees; appeal results will not be sent for another 3 weeks and then we have to wait and see. If we are not successful then we have to escalate the appeal and wait another 3 weeks and then if that fail. By this time, he will have started uni and then it is too late.....typical!!

How's your week gone? You doing anything nice for the weekend?

I need to take part in other threads but they seem so established and I don't want to just butt in (it is a lot of butt!!!). Any tips on how to 'butt in'?

Lots and lots of hugs going your way! Sounds like you have had a tough week :(

Typical that men lose weight quicker than us women bah! Even if I get to target (which I will probably have starved myself for 5 ish months to reach) my hubby will still be a stone lighter than me! Life is soooooooo not fair lol

LMAO at you not being a cougar - that made me laugh in the middle of Eastenders!! (which I am watching because I am stuck at mums lol) Sounds like you are both keeping busy - I hope everything works out for the fees - that is pressure you don't need.

Have not bought anything yet never mind the coat - I will have to save some money too ;) and lose a lot more weight lol I have managed to fit into some jeans that didn't fit before but I can't see a huge difference yet. Don't think I have lost anything this week lol Hopefully it will all fall off over the weekend :D

As for 'butting in' I do it all the time lol and people don't seem to mind. Everyone is really friendly and supportive. The august starters thread is always getting new people popping in, we are all chatty and supportive and they would all love to have you join in with us! Remember we are all going through the same thing so if you feel you want to jump in with ideas, suggestions, comments or even questions just go for it - you are not going to be ignored on here for long :D

I hope you have a really good weekend and things are not too awkward with the meal - it can be difficult trying to do this around other people :(

Hope you have a fab next WI, you deserve it for all that working!

Hey Katt,

Well would you believe it the OH only went and lost 5lbs!!!! He has lost 18 all together to my 11 tusk!!! Anyway, I have had a mad week so far, hence the none input of diary. We went on that barge trip and ate like pigs to be honest. It was nice but the following day we felt like we had been poisoned as well as having sun stroke. We got back onto it the following day and funnily enough we both sad how we missed the packs!!!!! we had a fab day and both agreed that eating after exante will be the tough part, but thankfully we can just order more packs. We have already planned how to deal with events and Christmas. We don't want anyone to know what we are doing, but I think that once TS has finished we will be on a management plan for the rest of our lives. It sounds dramatic but I want to have my cake eat it and put the balance right.

It is sad that I am unable to eat without the emotional attachments but if I can manage it in my own way, it has to beat yo-yo dieting until I am in my grave...yo-yo dieting may put me in it before my time. Anyway, I don't think I have lost anything this week, how did you do? How has your week been?

Looking forward to your update xxx

Our 5th week has been nicknamed "MEAT week!!' Bring it on.....

Hello Hun,

I think most of us will need to watch the weight for the rest of our lives being realistic or we wouldn't all be here needing to shift the extra pounds! I am probably going to have good days were I eat what I want and how much I want but then make myself have some very very good days to balance it all out. I don't want to feel restricted forever - but I also don't want to basically starve myself, get slim and then ruin it all again!

I am adding a meal next week so it will be interesting to see how that effects things - hope it will boost the losses again lol

I have managed 27 days at 100% but I have a bit of an upset tummy these days so maybe the add a meal will help with that.

Mum has bought me loads of dresses in a size 12 lol so nothing like a bit of pressure. i can notice the difference in clothes already so hopefully it won't be too far away.

I did that graph thing someone posted on one of the threads and it worked out I should be at target by mid november based on current rate of loss - so fingers crossed lol I had resigned myself to Christmas eve!!!

Hope you both have a great 'Meat week' lol xx

Hi Katt,

Well I have stayed the same this week. Not bad considering it was TOTM!!!! Anyway the meat week is going good so far. It is amazing how my body realises it has had too much. I spent Saturday with all my family. Since they don't know we are doing this plan, it was difficult to stay on it. Therefore, we decided that for one day we would be off plan, thankfully we didn't go too mad and we then realised that we can even go off plan for one meal not a day!!!! I think this is training for when we are at target and we can manage our weight better.

I think that your mum buying you the dresses is so supportive and such a fabulous way to show you her support and that she is thinking of you and your goals. I haven't told any of my friend or family. I am not ashamed, I know my family and friends and even yesterday a friend commented that I had lost weight and should've seen the look she gave me. I know exactly what is going on in her mind even if she doesn't. This just spurs me on to lose my weight, which, is really slow at the moment. I don't know what to do to be honest. My OH has lost 20lbs in 4 weeks I have only managed 11!!!!!!

Any help you can throw my way would be fab. I am so trying not to lose heart but it is sad that yet again I get so far and the weight loss grinds to a halt. For my meat week we are just having fish or meat with veggies, as well as our packs. I just want to be thin and have my obsession with food in check. I suppose tho with nearly 22 years of hating myself, 4 weeks is not that long to start to process of recovery. Bring on those fab size 12 dresses!!!!!

How's your bank holiday wkd turning out? I have calculated that apart from my birthday in October, I now have a free run at then plan until Christmas. That's almost 4 months and hopefully 4 stone. Yippppeeeee

See you soon
Xxx

Hello hun, I only lost 1lb this week (TOTM too) so mine is slowing down too :( and I have only lost 5lbs more than you in the same time which is not that much more (some people have lost 20+ in 4 weeks) and over a few months we will most likely show the same loss.

It is hard not to think 'Why are they losing more than me?' but we can't allow ourselves to get into that mind set because it also allows the 'what is the point?' thoughts to creep in! We are doing it and losing weight even if it is at a slower pace and the people with huge early losses can't maintain such losses for the rest of the time on the plan, they will STS or just slow right down too at some points along the way!

Keep your chin up girl we can and will do this and have the size 12 dresses to prove it!

I am about to start AAM today, so it will feel odd eating something other than the packs or bars - will be interesting to see if it kick starts a loss again the week after which it does seem to do for a lot of people. Sounds like you are both doing really well and getting to grips with food and it's power over you ;) keep it up hun xxx

Oh Katt you are so motivational!!! You are absolutely right about thinking about other people's losses that are greater than mine; i did start thinking yesterday 'what is the point?' I have stuck to the plan yesterday and today and I am feeling a little bloated but that's probably due to sitting around working and watching tv today. I am sure that the plan will kick start my weight loss after this week. I remember when i did LL, I would lose a lot for the first week then not so much for the subsequent 2 weeks and then another large loss. It's weird that my weight losses fall into an almost predictable pattern.

It is strange eating and also having the packs. I am just so impatience to be slim. I know it will come and I shall start dropping dress sizes but at the moment I am in the same size. Have you planned all your AAM? We are eating only meat and veggies which, is really nice.

What are up to this Bank Holiday? I planned to pack the loft but then I thought nah....watch tv and I had work to complete before tomorrow. I don't mind working at weekends and on bank holidays, I just need to prove that I am hardworking before my probation review on friday so that I ask for a pay rise (wishful thinking) hahahahaha

Isn't it amazing how much time we used to spend planning, preparing, eating and then cleaning up after eating? hahahaha

Hope you are having a fabulous day xxxx

LOL well I try ;) I am saying it as much to me as to you! I don't eat meat and don't really like fish - although I just tried to eat some salmon - I say try because I didn't eat much of it lol

I am probably going to get some quorn tomorrow and just eat that with veg all week and see how I go. I agree it does feel odd having the packs too - I still have to have another one today *sigh*

Glad you are not getting disheartend enough to give up, you have done really well so far, it would have taken a lot longer to lose as much as we have on other more tempting diets ;)

Hopefully we will get a grip on dealing with food and never be stuck at this weight again, I have had more than enough years hating how I look and I am tired of it to say the least lol

I think you should be so proud of all you have done in the four weeks, sticking to plan, managing to go to social events without throwing all your hard work away, working long hours and losing 11lbs - you have worked too hard to give in so I won't let you lol :D Need to see those pics of you in a size 12 or smaller!

I am at mum and dads (they need care and the other lady who helps me with it is off sick) so it has been a quiet weekend really - a bit dull if anything ;) I have been here for almost 4 weeks now so looking forward to going home and seeing my hubby and cats!

Wow Katt. I didn't realise u weren't at home. Crikey you have a lot going on. I try to see my Grandad every other Saturday. Sadly, this Saturday I can't get to him as well pack up the house Yikes!!!

It's funny how I forget that on any other diet the weight never came off, it just stayed put or worse I gained even when I was totally 100%. I too just want this weight off me but I think my body retains my excesses when I am stressed and mega busy; so long as I don't gain for the next few weeks I will ok and then the move is over, I can start the journey of settling into our new home. It's taken 8 months just to get to this stage!!!

I never used to mind being away from home until my OH moved in. Now I can only muster a few days. I am away all next wk in London. I could commute but I need to work in the evenings and get sleep. I can't imagine how much you miss your hubby and your cats. Mine cat was all over me last night, after being away one night.

I am hoping all my hard work will pay off soon as the student fees are due and we are cutting it to the bare bones financially to afford them!!

How is your protein week going? I am allergic to quorn as it makes me violently sick, so there is a small difference between us lol!!

Due to finances we are using old LL and CD packs; we so miss our exante I can't believe the difference. At least the new order went through last night so we are hoping to receive our bundle of promise tomorrow Yippeeee!!!!

Hope you have a fab day and you too are doing so well. It will be all worth it when we are size 12, wearing fabulous clothes and feel SO good about ourselves. Bring it on!!!

Xxxx

Hi Katt, I ate some salmon too the other night ...and was actually bearable!! Im similar to you would never choose meat or fish, just my carbs....I know bad carbs...step away from the carbs!!
Actually salmon wasnt that bad!!! Must be my first sign of Ketosis, that I can stomach a piece of salmon!!
Had fab result at end of AAM week, so hey keeping that faith of 14lbs in a month!! No I never thought Id be saying that!
Have good rest of week!

How are you doing? Hope you have had a really good week and things start to settle down for you! Can't imagine having to move while sticking to the diet let alone unpacking everything!!

Hope this week is not too bad with you working away :( I feel your pain believe me lol can't wait to get home - maybe this week!

Well, back to no food for another four weeks lol, it went ok but I hope I won't be missing the food this week! I shall weigh in tomorrow and see how it impacted on the losses ;)

Dawn nice to see you in here, you seem to be doing great so far, keep up all that hard work :D

Have a fab week both of you xx

Hey Katt,

Sorry for my weeks of absence but I had too much going on with the move, my Grandad and my job to concentrate to on me, to be honest.

I have had a look at your updates and OMG!!! you are doing sooo well!!! How do you feel? I start again on Monday and I am so looking forward to finally settling down and losing weight. I have just had a look at fat and thin fotos and have decided that the thin me has always been there but I have just covered in her fat to keep her hidden and quiet. Well now I am ready to let the layers of fat melt away and I start being me again.

I look forward to hearing how you are getting on

Hope to keep in touch and sort for being absent xx

Hello sweetie, I hope your week is going well? I am not surprised you have been awol lol with all that going on! Hope you are soon settled down and back on track to let the skinny you free :)

Well, Sometimes I think I am doing well and then some weeks the scales don't seem to move! I had to go and eat out last weekend which I wasn't happy about and I am having a weekend of teaching workshops where food will be an issue and then I am going to Holland and the states at the end of october - first week of november so I am a tad bit worried about it all!!

I also was really late getting my totm so panic set in that I may be starving unborn children lol but test was negative and it has now eventually started thankfully but it probably means a small loss this week and i stayed the same last week *sigh* and all this eating is probably going to mean little to no losses but I will keep going ;) still want to lose around 3 and a half stone even though a few ppl have told me I don't need to - I know if I don't do it I will put it all back on again :(

Gods it all sounds doom and gloom lol but hey we can and will do it :) *hugs* have a fab week hun xxxx

Wow!! The roles have changed cos it sounds like you've got loads on. We are settling down and it's truly amazing to start feeling settled and feeling comfortable. Dont get me wrong, it's still manic trying to empty boxes. The good thing is there's no time limit. Work is stupid at the moment. I could bore you to death with situation.

You are doing so well. I hope I can get to where you are. Sound exciting travelling abroad but I bet you would rather be at home. I know that feeling Xxx

Back