Ramblings of a Fish out of water

New year, new Fish...

Ok so once again I have been particularly dire at updating my diary - not that there was really much point as virtually the whole of Dec was TOTM so my weight didn't change.

So, I start the new year with a 20lb challenge by the time February 15th happens so that is roughly 6 weeks - this coincides with another half term, Brighton Tattoo Convention and a couple of dress fittings. In the meantime I have decided to treat myself to something that isn't amazing footwear, a few arasys sessions and a couple more body wraps - just need to work out when to book them in for really!

I've also been contemplating joining the gym that is on the drive home from work - but that really is a need to think as I don't want to buy a gym membership to not use it, at least the one on the way back is a pay as you go for £46 so I'm not tied down to £100s in wasted membership.

Time to go and count the packs and write out what I'm going to be having each day (I'm OCD like that and have to have a routine)

Dear Dominos...please stop emailing me, I've had a rubbish day and telling me I can have carbs is not a nice thing to do.

So not the best week in Fish world in terms of work etc - I've been run off my feet trying to do two people's work only for my boss to return today and completely patronise me...errmmmm excuse you Mr Bossman my GCSE grades are historically always better than yours so back off. Just annoys me that someone who doesn't do his job feels the need to question my ability to do mine.

Today has been a day of decisions all round. I've decided I genuinely won't last teaching until retirement - my psorasis is appauling through stress and I've been back a week, love my job - don't love the stress and the paperwork so guess it's back to reevaluating the now 4 year plan (really should have thought this through before I wasted over a year).

My main decision today was whether or not to invest in MediLipo (it's on offer on groupon today) - I'm kinda sold on wanting to try it as it works out as just over £11 for 8 sessions (currently 85% off) and it certainly will help the stubborn bits that are refusing to move despite the diet and the exercise. Plus it will help in mini operation Brighton.

Weigh in day tomorrow...woop!

One tired Fish...

So tired today, it's been a long horrific week - when you think I've done the work of 2 for half of it, tis no wonder! But splendid boy has been a lovely and has got me some new shoes to cheer me up - YAY for shoes.

Ok so as per yesterday's ramble I have booked my MediLipo so will post on it's effectiveness once I've done the course of 8, I guess ultimately if I find it is effective I will have to judge whether it's worth the normal price but we shall see. Largely it helps that the place is 5 minutes from work so I can nip in for the half hour on the way home :)

Today saw a loss of 4lbs which I'll take but I was hoping for a bigger number - but hey ho means I just have to average little over 3lbs for the next 5 weeks to meet my mini challenge.

Not having a particularly productive day - got dressed and have now put pj bottoms back on as I'm freezing, the joys of ketosis. Prospects of snow and more cold weather - I personally hate snow and I always make the effort to leave stupidly early to get to work, usually for it to get closed as soon as I get there. To be honest I like the school being quiet means I can catch up on some marking when noone else is about (there usually ends up being 4 or 5 of us who have managed to get in).

Today is largely going to be about vegging out and getting my hair back into a decent condition - lots of coconut and neem oil ahoy! Psorasis is slowly getting better, I just really resent having to use steriods even if it is only a scalp solution.

Hacking cough and cold alert...

Bleurgh, I hate being sick. I hate being sick more when I've only been back at school a week and have so much to do - so is life I guess, could be much worse. Today I've been good a redone my breakdown cover, now that I've done that the snow clearly won't come so you can all thank me for that at a later time :)

Unless my scales are lying I appear to have lost 4lbs since Friday, which bodes well for this week's weigh in but we shall see x

Ah we have the same profession! Desperately hoping it snows so I can catch up with some work already despite being only 1 week in!!

Well done with the weight loss. Hope your cold is better soon. Mere x

They keep changing the forecast - I've now got snow from midnight right through til 3pm but as usual metoffice cannot make their minds up, but yes, I'd definitely like a couple days off to catch up.

Thanks Mere, the loss helps the snuffles, right now I'd love some orange juice but don't have and can't have - oh well!

One plague ridden Fishy - well over dramatic but you catch the drift.

I feel well and truly yuk today, seemingly having acquired this cold and feeling crap all weekend has led to my body thinking that TOTM is clearly another good idea, how about no, was the whole of December not long enough for you body? Jeez. I'm hoping that unlike December a)this doesn't last until the end of my mini challenge and b)doesn't play silly ******* with my losses - take note body, TOTM needs to end, preferably in the next two days ta.

So today was a pretty blergh day at work too, snow teasing, boss being his usual charming self - too much to do, too little time syndrome. On a more positive psorasis still isn't too bad today so don't fancy clawing my skin off, small victories and all that.

Water, well it just isn't rum - I really fancy rum. But alas, water will have to suffice for the next 4 weeks 4 days. Probably should be working but clearly trawling the forums is much more fun :)

​This forum is such a bad distraction....the new facebook! :p

This week's loss -5lbs

So despite it being TOTM, I have lost another 5lbs which will do me just fine meaning I have 11lbs overall to lose by February 15th - fingers crossed.

Another 5lbs next week means I would be allowed to treat myself to something - being eyeing up 3 Bettie Page dresses but in the same light I'm tempted by another round of body wraps or arasys, decisions...decisions. I also need to have a wardrobe clear out soon - for the time being the work dresses can stay as I can just put a belt with them and they will still fit just about, I just resent buying new clothes for work bizarrely so I'll have to have a look at some dresses, like the Bettie Page ones, that will do me for work and for going out.

In an ideal world I'd like to lose about 8lbs next week, but I don't see that happening really so I'll be happy with another 4 or 5lbs. Having just had a quick think about it another 4lbs or 5lbs a week for the next 4 weeks will completely overshoot my target of 20lbs for the 6 weeks - here's hoping.

This week I have been completely craving cheese - I have discovered that plastic cheese i.e. cheesestrings spaghetti and the Laughing Cow Extra Light have no carbs and very few cals, I have however resisted the temptation but it's good to know for future reference, especially for my weekend away.

The MediLipo is all sorted too so I start that on the 30th and I think I have 6 booked before I go away on the 15th so obviously I'll be being annoying and reviewing that in my diary as I go through it.

This weekend is now going to be largely dedicated to marking due to the weather and the fact that the boy is trapped in the village he lives in so can't get out, and making a decision about a new hair colour.

Hi
Can I say I think your treat should be the body wrap because the way you are losing weight the dresses will be too big in no time. Just a thought. :)
Mere x

Look forward to hearing about the medilipo! Well done on your 5lb loss which is fab, you should easily achieve your target at this rate.

And so the snow begins again - if it's like Friday and the forecast is bang on, I highly doubt work will be on - just as well I brought the world supply of marking home with me, unlike the boss who brings nothing home with him (those of you who regularly read will know he's a massive pain in my neck)

Ok I'm going to go with a body wrap - especially if school is closed for the next couple of days, I'll pop up the village in my break from marking and get one done. I also need to get a whole body exfoliation booked for the start of February - busy girl me!

Still waiting to hear if I get my leave of absence approved to go to Fiji - counterarguement here is 3 days off sick in nearly 4 years and I'm not asking to be paid for the time I'm off. I guess the only bonus of them saying no is that it will give me the kick up the backside I need to go and get a new job.

Although I have been good and I have been looking on the TES for new jobs - may go after the HoD job I've found, that starts in Sept.

The joys of minorly being allergic to soy...

Soy is to me as lactose is to some, we'll I thought I'd gotten away with it, the two years I've been on and off exante no cramps no rashes I have been fine. Until 3am when I started having the most horrific cramps ever - I'm hoping it's just a coincidence really as obviously never having had a reaction before and it's always in the past only been through eating the meat subsitutes - soy sauce I'm fine with in small doses for example.

Right best get to organising my stuff - knowing my luck I won't be organised and school will go on as normal :)

Back