RD and Sherrie get shrinking!!

Russiandoll

Carpe diem
Hi
Sherrie and me are two Gosport gals (small world!) who happen to be starting Exante TS on Thursday 20th Oct. This is our thread where we can support and encourage each other on a daily basis (any other support also very welcome!).

Our challenge is to lose at LEAST ONE STONE by the end of the first four weeks (Thurs Nov 17th)

I'll be checking in to this thread as often as I can.

Good luck Sherrie!!

Good luck girls my birthday is November 19th so I'm going for that date too! You will def do 1 stone in your first 4 weeks x

aug 2008- 18 st 5 lb 17/10/11- 12 st 13

Thanks RD! I love the thread name lol. Good luck to you too :)

Good luck girls my birthday is November 19th so I'm going for that date too! You will def do 1 stone in your first 4 weeks x

aug 2008- 18 st 5 lb 17/10/11- 12 st 13

Thankyou :)

I've decided to take a photo of my scales each week in place of an official 'weigh-in'. From experience I know I benefit from being monitored by means of weigh-ins. I'm putting the photos in my album.

I'm starting my journey at 17st 11lb. Hopefully that's the last time I see that figure.

Thats a good idea RD! I'll see if I can do the same, my weigh in last week at Slimming World was 14st 1lb but I completely forgot to pick up my scales from the mother-in-laws so I will be weighing in at some point today for a definite reading, not sure what they will say compared to the SW scales but they are the ones I will using so I will go by those today.

Im so excited lol x

Good luck girls

According to my digital scales I'm 14st 7½lbs!!! Thats a 6½lb increase in comparison to the Slimming World scales in just one week. To me there is just no way I have put on that much weight, considering I was following SW plan right up until Tuesday morning, and I've not been horrendous since. I've heard its possible for some scales to read differently to others, and I'm hoping that this is true in my case otherwise I'm baffled!

Oh well, slate wiped clean, Im now on my weight loss journey :) x x x

Hmmmmmm Sw i did Sw for about 3 months, never really lost anything substantial and always, alwYs had conflicting information on their scales compared with any other scale i stood on.
Read into that what ever you like but i think there I's something I'n there reading between the lines.
X

Thanks for the comments so far.
Sherrie - as long as you're sticking to one set of scales, don't worry too much about the figure - a pound's a pound so the drop will be the same regardless of the reading - in other words, you weigh exactly the same on both sets of scales. One figure may be correct one may be incorrect because of inaccurate calibration but if you're only looking at one set then it doesn't matter. I'd bet you haven't 'gained' any at all so just put the SW reading to the back of your mind and concentrate on your scales.

I tried SW but it wasn't for me. A bit too fiddly and I don't do well on carbs. Each to their own though so I won't slate it. Interesting observation re the scales though christmasfairy.

Today hasn't been too bad so far - but I know from past experience day 1 usually isn't. I'm prepared for the more difficult days 2, 3 and 4 though.
I had a vanilla shake (with my customary teaspoon of psyllium husks) for breakfast. The taste is milder than Cambridge and quite creamy; I liked it (phew!)

For lunch I had a toffee, nut and raisin bar and a black coffee. The bar is very different from the cambridge bars. It's like a giant rice krispie cake but slightly denser. There is a slight 'salty' taste which is actually nice and compliments the other flavours. I tried to eat slowly rather than wolf it down - I think it helped.

I've been trying hard with the water - that's always been my downfall in the past. I find it hard to get more than 2L down me in a day. I've had 2L so far today and am hoping for another 1.5L by the end of the day. I have to limit my intake in the mornings as I work as a cover teacher at a secondary school and can't just walk out of a lesson to go to the loo.

Tonight it's thai chicken soup. Will report back later :)

RD I'm going to take your advice and put the SW figure to the back of my mind and concentrate on my own scales.

Day 1 - So far so good for me. I've been thinking about food a lot but I've not been hungry, definitely more in my mind then anything else. I have a daughter who is 2 next week, I've coped quite well with preparing her meals and snacks, I almost put a quaver in my mouth until I remembered Im doing Exante lol! I've been good with my water consumption but this was also my downfall when on CD.

I'm being positive for the days ahead and I'm going to keep busy so I'm not thinking about it all the time!!! Well done on your first day RD and good luck for tomorrow x x x

RD I'm going to take your advice and put the SW figure to the back of my mind and concentrate on my own scales.

Day 1 - So far so good for me. I've been thinking about food a lot but I've not been hungry, definitely more in my mind then anything else. I have a daughter who is 2 next week, I've coped quite well with preparing her meals and snacks, I almost put a quaver in my mouth until I remembered Im doing Exante lol! I've been good with my water consumption but this was also my downfall when on CD.

I'm being positive for the days ahead and I'm going to keep busy so I'm not thinking about it all the time!!! Well done on your first day RD and good luck for tomorrow x x x

Well done Sherrie - great start!
One thing a VLCD does is highlight how much 'unconscious' nibbling we do. I almost popped a chip into my mouth when I was serving up dinner to my lot a bit earlier but stopped myself at the last minute. On another day, I'd probably have eaten it without another thought.

What packs did you have today?
I had a vanilla shake, a toffee, nut and raisin bar and a thai chicken soup.

Onto day 2 :)

Well done Sherrie - great start!
One thing a VLCD does is highlight how much 'unconscious' nibbling we do. I almost popped a chip into my mouth when I was serving up dinner to my lot a bit earlier but stopped myself at the last minute. On another day, I'd probably have eaten it without another thought.

Thankyou :) Omg doesn't it just! There would have been so much I would have picked at today that I didn't. Kind of scary really!

What packs did you have today?
I had a vanilla shake, a toffee, nut and raisin bar and a thai chicken soup.

Onto day 2 :)

I bought a bumper pack of 50 banana shakes and Tesco's crispy choc and crispy raspberry bars. So not a lot of choice but I never liked the soups on CD but am going to try some next month as I've heard such good things on here about Exante soups.

Today I had a banana shake for brekkie, a crispy choc bar for lunch and a banana shake for tea x

What was the Thai chicken soup like- It sounds lovely

I absolutely LOVED the Thai chicken soup. I had it with a teaspoon of psyllium husks to thicken it up (and prevent constipation) and ground lots of black pepper on top.

I'll try a different flavour tomorrow :)

Day 2 - Gone well so far, still got a shake left to have yet, been busy all day today so had my bar for brunch, then my first shake at tea time. Im not hungry I just feel peckish. My hands are particularly cold tonight though x x x

just popped into say hi and well done on day 2. i have cold toes to go with your cold hands ;). The time passes so quickly especially when you are busy

Back