RD's life diary: I'm back (sort of)

Russiandoll

Carpe diem
How many more diaries am I going to do?? :sigh:

Well, here's another (hopefully my last!) as I have another go at shifting this weight... Only this time it's a bit different as I'm going to stick my neck out and try to get some sponsors as I do it.

You may already know that my lovely nephew James died a couple of weeks ago aged only 20. I've decided to try and raise some funds to donate to his favourite charity as a memorial to a bright young man, taken too soon.

I want to raise as much as poss by various means and donate it to The ARC (Accommodation Resource Centre) which houses and supports vulnerable young people before they go down the wrong path: it was a cause very close to James' heart as they helped many of the 100+ friends that were present at his funeral.
I plan to give The ARC this money on what would have been James' 21st birthday: Nov 10th.

If anyone would like to sponsor me 10p per pound then perhaps you could put it in a little tub each week when I give my weigh-in results and pay it into an account I've opened especially, nearer the time :)

OK - my official start-date was Monday 2nd July when I weighed in at 16st 2lb.
I'm trying to create a 'Just Giving' web page too but have found a few gliches which, hopefully, can be smoothed out. So here I go again ...

... for James

Hiya hun

I will sponser you - 10p a lb, will settle up whenever you want! Good luck, and see you in Plymouth on 18th August!

I'll sponsor you too RD! Good luck! xx

Goes without saying My Love! Good luck RD, try not to pressure yourself too much, we will all be willing you on.

Love

Me too.......have you set yourself a deadline.....???

Yep ... Nov 10th coming would have been James' 21st birthday and I've calculated there are 18 weeks between July 2nd (my start date) and then. I'm probably not going to be at goal by then and will have to continue but that's the deadline for my Thin-a-Thon. :)

I've been trying to register with 'Just Giving' but hit a problem: in order to create a page, your charity has to be registered with JG ... and to be registered, they have to SUBSCRIBE to the site. James' favourite charity isn't registered so I've hit a bit of a brick wall there.

However, it isn't the end of the world: I'll find a way around it. :)

I'm going to start making some greetings cards soon (an old pre-Uni hobby of mine) to sell and also maybe create an alternative website / blog to highlight my fund-raising efforts.

I'll sponsor you too, darling.

I'm no good at sums, so just tell us how much we owe you in November, ok?? lol

Best oph British - not that you'll need it!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Do you know Isobel, I rather like the effect your keyboard has on your posts, sort of gives them an eccentric edge!

Love

Debbie - if you PM me your address or the bank account details, I'll happily pay in a cheque to the account or send it to you.
Good luck.
Beverley xx

Wow thanks for the support everyone! I'll post any losses each Monday and how many 10ps you need to put in your pots :)

If anyone wants the details of the bank account I've set up especially then just let me know and I'll PM them. Then you can pay any cash straight into the HSBC account over the counter (or even pay it electronically, for the techno buffs out there ;))

I want to eat so badly but won't because I don't want to let you or James down (not to mention my only pair of comfy trousers have just become too threadbare to wear! :eek:)

good luck RD ... you won't need it my sweet.

xx

Well, it's the start of another day. Angry skies outside are threatening rain yet again - where the hell is summer? I haven't been able to walk along the bay (my favourite haunt) for what seems an eternity and my poor little dog is getting so rotund she risks getting stuck in the cat flap en route to the garden!
Having said that, if we had a sudden snap of hot weather tomorrow, I'd be totally lost as I only have two scraps of clothing suitable for wearing in summer temperatures and both of those (an old vest top and some bleach-stained, 3/4 length cotton trousers) have seen far better days. Maybe the summer can wait until I've dropped a stone?

I'm officially on day four of my umpteenth restart and am finding every day a struggle. I hate the way my life is dominated by thoughts of food whether I'm on a diet or not. What I can eat (or not eat as the case may be), when I can eat it, analysing whether I'm hungry or not - ignoring it anyway and the perpetual feeling of guilt whether I've eaten a cake or some lettuce ... for me, eating = guilt. Period.
It shouldn't, I know, but there it is: a deeply ingrained characteristic of what makes me ME!

Right - enough boring prattle ... time for brekkie - a hot banana & cinnamon drink methinks :)

So sorry to hear about the loss of your nephew,stay strong you will be in my prayers

Back