RD's life diary: I'm back (sort of)

Wow Rd! 9lb is great! What diet is it you're doing??

Just wanted to say that i thought you looked great on Saturday; i really wanted to talk to you, but i am quite shy really, and it wasn't to be. Your daughter was lovely, say hi from me!

Hi Bex
You looked fab - and I wish I could've chatted more to you but it's difficult when there are so many wonderful people to converse with isn't it. Hopefully we'll get the chance on another occasion (there are always meets being arranged :))

I'm not on any 'official' diet at the moment - just being calorie aware and having half a grapefruit before eating a meal (not any great hardship I have to say). Having said that, I was a wee piggy last night - we went out for a meal as it was my daughter's wedding anniversary. We ate at Old Orleans (southern American cuisine) and I strayed verily from the path :eek:. My sensible head said 'Use moderation' ... my unsensible head said 'You hardly ever go out - push the boat out!'. My unsensible head won!

Anyway, I won't have gained the 9lb I lost ... I haven't even weighed myself and don't intend to until I get home so no panic here.

Not sure what we're doing today as the weather, although better than yesterday, isn't exactly Caribbean! We're thinking of popping into Cornwall just for the hell of it! We went to a place called 'Trago Mills' the other day - what a fab place! Lots of shopping oppotunities but with a leisure park for the kids - heaven!

Diet-wise ... today I have reinstated my sensible head ;)

omg...i love old orleans. they serve the food on canoe sized plates...hmmm i wonder how i ever got fat? lol im rather partial to trago mills at xmas as well....that little train in the kids bit gets all lit up and the kids ride it to santas grotto. i take the kids every year!

i was disappointed to not get to chat to u more debbie. it was a bit late when i realised u werent coming for the evening as i had been thinking i had plenty of time to get to everyone. it was fantastic to see u tho and i cannot believe u had such reservations about coming. u were ruddy gorgeous, inside and out.

i think the grapefruit u r eating is doing u good. ive read b4 how much it helps with weight loss. so pleased u r doing so well. AND....thats the first time i have seen u post about eating stuff u think u shouldnt and not publicly flogging urself about it. i think that says a lot about how much more in control u feel which is fantastic. ur a lovely lady debie and im so pleased i got to meet u.

you may call it your unsensible head, but i call it life.so many people become diet bores, but we still have lives to lead & that means enjoying ourselves & if that means the odd treat along the way it makes the journey a little more pleasant.
you are sensible enough to get back to the task in hand today, & lets face it you don't spend that much time with your daughter do you.
xx :)

Not sure what we're doing today as the weather, although better than yesterday, isn't exactly Caribbean! We're thinking of popping into Cornwall just for the hell of it! We went to a place called 'Trago Mills' the other day - what a fab place! Lots of shopping oppotunities but with a leisure park for the kids - heaven!

Aahhh, the delights of Trago Mills! Lucky you!!!!? We have one near here too. It's definately a case of can't live with it (full of coach trip holiday people, also known a grockles), can't live without it(as it's soooo cheap!). Personally, i can't stand it, but my kids love it, especially the plastic ice staking rink!

Enjoy your stay, and forget your meal out last night! Well done for getting your diet head back on this morning!

Hi Debs

Glad to hear you're having a lovely time.

The "diet" isn't carved in stone, you are still to be able to enjoy yourself once in a while. What is really brilliant is that you didn't beat yourself up about it, you accepted it happened and you are getting on with the rest of your holiday. Now THAT's a step in the right direction.

I have my weigh in tonight, and don't feel like I have lost anything, despite sticking to it properly again, but if I haven't lost ( or even gained) then i will accept it, and get on with another week!

Enjoy the rest of your stay with the family, and chat to you when you are settled back at home xxx Lubs ya xxxx

great i,ll thread on my favs

hi ya rd /debbie would you belive of all the time i have known you i did,nt know you were a debbie to !! sorry this diet you are dong seems to be eally good a a treat /day out does you good sometimes i am really good i sort of calorie count aroung 1200 a day but some i have only 800 sometimes less and some days i just have cd shakes it helps me maintaine and somedays and not very often ie saturday i ate what i wanted well sort of and drank much much to much but hey i enjoyed it very much and for the last few days ihave undid the damage i did 3lb on but its already back off so i,m happy and if i have to live like this so be it i,m happy just having a day heare or there
i will keep in touch with you now debbie i have found this thread and i have it in my favs so i don,t loose it i always get lost on here i know i said before it was so great to meet you satand opefully will get to meet you again one day alo you daughter was lovely to hope shes well
keep i touch debbie xx

hi, just wanted to pop on and say hello, can't believe you had reservations about coming, ur looking great :D
Strange how i had met amy at Jos and had no idea you were related :eek: Hope you had a good time with your family and enjoying a bit of peace and quiet without ur youngest...
Are you back home now? Thought you said it was today
Pity we didn't all get a bit longer to chat but as you said, we try to catch up with everyone in one day..maybe next time :D

Hi RD

9lbs! Bloomin heck! :D Fantastic!

I came across the pics of the Portsmouth meet up last night when sorting my bureau out and smiled all over at the wonderful memories of all the fun and laughter we all had. I'm so glad you went to the Plymouth one and am certain it was just as wonderful and the next one will be too! Hope we get to meet again one day soon ((Hugs)))) love Jennie xxxx

How was Friday hun x

54569hg388iobcv.gif

hi RD
been a while since i`ve been on
hope your well
well done for keeping your sensible head on

kaz :D

How was Friday hun x

Ummm - what happened Friday? :)

I got back from Plymouth on Thursday after having had my 'non-dieting head' on a bit more than I thought! Gained 4lb but hey - It WAS supposed to be my hols so I'm not going to throw myself off a bridge.

On Friday, I went to town with my youngest sis and we edited and printed the old photos we had scanned then stopped off at my mum and dad's retirement block and hired the residents lounge for a surprise party for my dad. We plan to deck it all out on Tuesday morning with balloons and banners and then buzz up and ask my mum to bring him down because we can't fit his birthday present in the lift (tee hee!)

Yesterday, two of my sisters came round and we spent the afternoon cutting and gluing to put together the memory album we've planned - it was like being at play-school! We've also had one of their wedding photos enlarged and framed ... they've always been languishing at the bottom of a box but the one we've chosen looks beautiful - there WILL be tears.

My sister who lives in Yorkshire is travelling down as I type with one of her sons. DH, DD3 and myself are frantically clearing DD4's bedroom :)eek::eek::eek:) and shampooing the lounge carpet as they're coming down for a week. Her husband and three more sons are coming down the day after. My cousin (who I haven't seen since 1981) is also flying down from Scotland - should be interesting when I see her!

So it's all systems go in the RD household preparing for what will probably be my dad's last birthday. It's a shame James won't be there - he'll be sorely missed at this family gathering :(

I'm just going to glug down my coffee then return to the 'room of doom' (aka Sophie's bedroom!)

Sounds like 'action stations' Debbie - hope you all have a lovely get together nd well done on planning such a brill surprise for your Mum and Dad, I am sure they will both just love it.

Love

hi debbie
i hope the surprise party goes well and you all enjoy it
well it was my son,s wedding day yesterday and it was fantasic and the weather was amazing it really was it was an all round perfect day i will post some photos soon as this my sons wedding is the reason i lost this weight
take care
debbie x

Great to hear you had a good time down in Plymouth with your daughter and the family.

You've been a real busy bee too, and lots more to do by the sound of it.

Have a great Bank Holiday and Tuesday too of course xxx

Thanks for your kind thoughts. My dad's birthday party went fantastically well (lots of tears, lots of smiles & laughs) but I'm feeling utterly drained right now so I'm lurking more than posting.

My diet is a complete disaster but I feel so battle-weary that I'm just going to have to take it easy or I could risk turning it all in on myself and start giving myself a mental beating again. Hopefully, now that my sister and her fmaily have gone home (they stayed with me for a week) and everyone will be getting back into a routine, I can turn my attention onto getting into a healthy eating pattern.

I'm back at Uni on the 10th ... dreading it! :(

Thanks for your kind thoughts. My dad's birthday party went fantastically well (lots of tears, lots of smiles & laughs) but I'm feeling utterly drained right now so I'm lurking more than posting.

My diet is a complete disaster but I feel so battle-weary that I'm just going to have to take it easy or I could risk turning it all in on myself and start giving myself a mental beating again. Hopefully, now that my sister and her fmaily have gone home (they stayed with me for a week) and everyone will be getting back into a routine, I can turn my attention onto getting into a healthy eating pattern.

I'm back at Uni on the 10th ... dreading it! :(

So glad it went so well, what a blessing to have the chance to do it.. not at all surprised you are totally drained... try and be kind to yourself now... lurking is contagious,.. been doing it a lot this week myself...

Forget the diet for a while (days not months!).. lol.. and just get yourself re-charged sweetheart. As for Uni... just see how it goes.. if too much then see what your options might be... and go for the one that puts Debbie first!!

No mental beatings allowed - you're only allowed a certain quota of those in any 12 month period and you're not allowed to go overdrawn so that's not even permitted :D ((((((mega hugs))))))))

The last two weeks has been hectic to say the least. But today is a new day and hopefully things will begin to return to 'normal' (is there such a thing??).

DD4 has gone to the library to return a book and embark upon some project her and her cousin have cooked up (no idea what but it involves some sort of research - who knows with 11 / 12 year olds!)
I've asked her to be back by about 1 o'clock so I can take her shopping for school shoes. She starts secondary school on Wednesday and is totally stressed about it (so am I ... she's my baby! :()

In the meantime, I'm going to be applying for some jobs. Although I start back at Uni next Monday, our financial situation is becoming increasingly dire and it's now blatantly obvious that I MUST work as well as go to Uni (as well as manage the family / house alone through the week when Steve is away). Not a prospect I relish but needs must and all that ...

I stepped on the scales this morning and was back up to 16st 12lb. I frustratingly seem to be going up and down the same damned 10lb but I can't allow myself to go down the 'self-hatred' path because I know that leads nowhere good. So I made a gentle start back on the healthy eating route this morning. Not a bells, whistles & trumpets thing but more of a whisper in the ear! For breakfast I had a third of a tin of grapefruit followed by 70g of porrige oats made with water, a mini box of raisins and sprinkled with 1/2 tsp of sugar.

My overall plan 'for the time-being' is ...
  • to drink 2 litres of water a day
  • to eat low GI (the 'right' carbs)
  • to eat moderate 'good' fats
  • to eat good, lean protein
  • plenty of fruit & veg
  • keep a mindful eye on the cals without being pedantic
  • have a little of what I fancy each day.
As I said, no mind-blowing new diet regime ... just an easy-going approach. I'm too stressed for anything more extreme than that.
Oh - and I need to up my exercise but at the moment I'm totally bushed after having had 8 people to cook and clean for over the last week AND I'm having to get things ready for school / Uni so a structured exercise plan will have to wait for a little while.

So - onwards and (hopefully) downwards!

Hey dolly - just popped into to say hello and I've been thinking about you and I hope you get some chill-out time really soon!

lots of love
xxxxxxxxx

Back