RD's life diary: I'm back (sort of)

When the going gets tough, ... in theory, the tough get going.
But I stepped on the scales again this morning and still haven't lost a bean - very, very frustrating to say the least! Consequently I'm not feeling very 'tough'!

I HOPE to have lost at least a measly little pound by Monday or I'll find it EXTREMELY difficult to keep my cool! It's bad enough not having the chicken casserole and veg for tea, it's bad enough not having cheese on toast for lunch but when those sacrifices have been made and the scales don't budge, then it's pretty damned hard to keep plugging away. :mad:

I'd better be in those 15s by Monday OR ELSE!!

CONGRATULATIONS! Am I going mad when is the baby due or has she had him already?
Sorry abit out of touch as not been around much lately...erm well ever really but do read your posts with awe! ;)
Hope DD that broke up is ok.
MM x

Hi Debbie, I am sure by Monday you will be well and truly in the 15's. Just a thought but are your scales ok? Just wondering if your batteries are on their way out? Might effect the old scales a bit.

The batteries are fine and they're good scales (Rosemary Conley posh ones). I'm downing the water and putting the blinkers on ... (this WILL work - this WILL work!!) and hopefully by Monday I'll see things moving downwards again.

MM - my daughter's baby is due Feb 24th ... just a few days after her birthday. But of course, the due dates are just approximations aren't they; little bubba could easily make his appearance ON her birthday :)

DD3 is still smarting over the abuse she received from her ex and his 'piece of trash' new girlfriend. She's given up college and had a job interview at Morrisons a couple of hours ago (fingers crossed!). She's picking herself up and making plans to move forward - good for her!

Hi Debs

Sorry haven't posted much on your thread recently, have been quite busy, as you can imagine.

Glad to hear DD3 is making the effort to move on, she's a strong girl and has you to rely on.

With regard to the weight, I think you'll be OK, its just your body sorting itself out. After all the ups and downs of the past few months its now deciding what next is going to happen, and is probably hanging on to everything 'just in case'. Bodies are weird and wonderful things, and NEVER react in the way we expect. Trust me, I really do know about badly behaving bodies lol. Just keep on doing what you are doing, keep up the good work and keep those positive vibes happening hun.

Luv you xxx

Just a quickie as I'm here in Plymouth visiting DD2, Amy.

Things didn't get off to a wonderful start as I packed all my CD supplies for the weekend (packs, PH and Hinari genie mixer) then promptly left the lot on the kitchen worktop back home :eek:

Amy was still at work when we arrived at hers on Friday night and she came in with a bucket of KFC as a treat ... I was hungry, had no packs, nothing else low carb to have yadda yadda - guess what I had :eek:

This morning I was feeling pretty annoyed with myself at having eaten the chicken but also, I accepted I was only human and it would have taken someone SUPERHUMAN to have resisted under those circumstances.

Anyway, the good news is that I didnt use this blip to throw in the towel. A wonderful CDC known to us all (Devonbabe) came to my rescue and sold me enough packs to gt me through the rest of the weekend.

The only thing I don't have is psyllium husks. I tried to get some with no success so decided to try using Fybogel in my shake instead. The result?
Ummmmmm ...:sign0137:
It was thinner than the usual porrige / semolina consistency achieved with PH ... and it had a sort of 'citrus' after-taste. All in all, not wonderful but by mid afternoon when I ate it, ANYTHING would have been classed as edible!

I don't know if the KFC incident will have a major lash-back on Monday when I weigh in - we'll soon see though.

You will cope as best you can. Glad Devonbabe came to the rescue. I would have had trouble with the KFC too. Enjoy your weekend with Amy.

Irene xx

I just had the chicken ... but succumbed to a mini corn on the cob as well :eek:

I'm more annoyed that I had to spend money we could ill afford because I didn't check my CD stuff had been packed in the car. Seriously, I could have kicked myself. But I felt I had little choice: it was that or 'eat carefully' for the weekend and I was worried that I'd lose the plot if I went down that route, resulting in yet another 'restart'.

Oh well ... lesson learned.

One thing I do know though is that I won't be putting Fybogel in my packs again! Blleeugh!!

I think that's really positive that you didn't dive in to the lot of it!!! We've all done it - rushed off and left our stuff!!!

Hiya Deb
Great news about litte bubba awwww.
Hope your other daughter is getting on better now.
Well done on not using the leaving supplies at home excuse to have an eating fest , Proud of you must of been tough .
Take care luv Julie xxx

Well, another Monday, another weigh-in and just a measly 2lb down :(

Yes, I'm in the 15s .... yes, it's in the right direction but 2lb in 2 weeks? It just makes it extra tough to carry on with such a rigorous regime.

I know I had KFC (minus chips) on Saturday night but, again, people on WW or SW eat similar over the course of a week and achieve the same (or even more) as I have over the last 2 weeks.

I'll carry on as I WANT to lose weight but I'm seriously considering moving up to the 1000 plan because then I'd be having 2 packs a day which would 'save' the packs I have left in reserve. If I'm not too much mistaken, the weight loss on 1000 is about 10lb ish per month?
Something to think about anyway.

I contacted the student loan company because it STILL hasn't come through and is what I was going to buy some CD supplies with: I have Uni books to buy and it's hubby's company 'food allowance' (he buys pot noodles or similar to live on instead of using his full allowance) that is currently paying for my fuel to get to Uni.
I rang my LEA 3 weeks ago and the guy said he'd push my case forward because of all the family problems I've encountered ... when I phoned last week, there was no record of my last call and my application was languishing somewhere near the bottom of the pile. Why do these people say they're going to do something then just put the phone down and forget it? It really winds me up :mad:

Hi Debbie,

2lbs. is 2lbs. of fat.:clap:

Please don't feel disheartened as your doing very well overall.

I see you have lost 16lbs. in four weeks which is absolutely terrific.

Your in the fifteens now as you had hoped so your right on course.

Well done!

Love Mini xxx

Here is a photo DawnC has of what a pound of fat looks like:eek:

1Ib fat
DawnC

Definitely keep at it! The losses on CD are a stone a month and you have done that - it all evens itself out over the weeks but it is really important to carry on and trust the diet - IMHO you need to carry on with the process of SS as i know (cos i do it too) that kidding myself i can do another plan is the first foot on that slippery slope.

You WILL lose weight, embrace the diet like you did before!!! I want to see all those dolls being revealed!!

Thats a good point made by Hels, you have lost OVER a stone in the last month, so whats a slack week or two, you are still on target. Don't lose heart (easy for me to say) I am convinced that you are due a really good week with an excellent loss at the end; what if it's this week (which it probably is) and you slip off and miss out on it!

Come on Debbie, with all that life has chucked at you this year, this is one thing you KNOW you can do. Go with it, make it work, that Christmas frock is going to be the size you want, You have the power.

With love and admiration and certain in the knowledge that Russsian Doll is a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks girls. :thankyou:
Mini - that picture is pretty gross isn't it .. to think that a blob of fat double that size has vanished from 'somewhere' on my person! Makes me feel a lot better.

Hels & Barb - thanks for your support: don't know what I'd do without you. I did feel quite crap today because things seem to be going so slow but you're right ... 16lb in a month isn't so shabby.

I'm exhausted from a long day at Uni today although it was pretty productive ... my creative writing tutor praised both of the poems I asked him to take a look at and he's a published poet so I was well chuffed. :)

At lunch time, everyone around me was tucking into jacket spuds, rolls and sandwiches (even my CD buddy who has fallen off the wagon, bless her ...) but I stuck to my bar and coffee so I'm giving myself a pat on the back for that.
On the way home I stopped at Asda to get some food for Steve & Sophie - why oh why do I always go there when they're just taking a new batch of bread out of the ovens in the bakery dept?? I could almost feel myself transform into a slavering bread-wolf! I resisted peeps, so the halo is still intact.

Whilst there, I picked up a bunch of flowers reduced from £8 to £2 - bargain!
I bought them because tomorrow will be the anniversary of my niece Felicity's birthday and I'm going to the cemetary.
She died in 1989 and tomorrow would have been her 18th birthday. She's in the same row as my son Alex and just across from nephew James: All three of them would have had 'special' birthdays this year but unfortunately none of them made it.

I'm feeling quiet emotional at the moment and always seem to be living on the verge of tears. For the most part, I manage to swallow the tears down ... it's just not practical to keep crying.

Anyway - onwards and downwards as they say.

Debbie,
i have so much respect for you, whatever is going on in your life, whatever cr*p is being thrown at you, you just keep going, never giving up.
Much stronger people than you would have crumbled, i certainly would have done.
You will get to the end of your journey, however long & however winding the road is.
xx
P.S. 16lbs in a month is FAB !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Debbie,

Well done on resisting temptation, it sounded like an obstacle course of food to avoid for you today, but you have managed too!!! Give yourself a pat on the back for you deserve it:patback:

Writing poetry is I find a good way to release bent up emotions, nice indeed to get praise from a published poet.

Whilst there, I picked up a bunch of flowers reduced from £8 to £2 - bargain!
I bought them because tomorrow will be the anniversary of my niece Felicity's birthday and I'm going to the cemetary.
She died in 1989 and tomorrow would have been her 18th birthday. She's in the same row as my son Alex and just across from nephew James: All three of them would have had 'special' birthdays this year but unfortunately none of them made it.

Aww Debbie this is heart breaking to read...:hug99:

Love Mini xxx

Back