RE-FEEDING DIARY

Exactly Iris, they definitely ARE so proud of their flag, so I will have it on the ceiling of the gazebo with pride and post Ahmet some pics or get him on MSN webcam to show him once I have done it.

I must take a pic of this necklace too, my Daughters thought it was horrible, but I love it, big, bold and beautiful.

55 sleeps until I return to Turkey, I cant wait. Not long for you now either. Your Husband must love to go back and visit his Family. I just love the Turkish hospitality. Its the people that make it for me, never met such lovely people in all my life and nothing is too much trouble for any of them.

Glad you're feeling better today Iris and hope you have a fab weekend. xx

Exactly Iris, they definitely ARE so proud of their flag, so I will have it on the ceiling of the gazebo with pride and post Ahmet some pics or get him on MSN webcam to show him once I have done it.

I must take a pic of this necklace too, my Daughters thought it was horrible, but I love it, big, bold and beautiful.

55 sleeps until I return to Turkey, I cant wait. Not long for you now either. Your Husband must love to go back and visit his Family. I just love the Turkish hospitality. Its the people that make it for me, never met such lovely people in all my life and nothing is too much trouble for any of them.

Please take a pic of the necklace...would love to see it....for some reason the Turkish women can wear big and bold, even when they are so small....my sister in law Gulden is like that..I wonder if it is because they are always a lovely golden colour!!!!!!!!

Oh, I am getting very excited now...only 4 sleeps for me!! My husband is really looking forward to it this time too and yes he misses his mum as he is really close to her and all his family, as you know it is a very special thing with families in Turkey..so different (sadly) to my family!

Day 9-10 (Saturday and Sunday in Glasgow)

B - choc shake
L - quorn pieces with salad/beans, plus 1 x slice of soya and linseed bread
Melon pieces
D - In restaurant (good girl)
Oven cooked chilli chicken salad
with homemade mayo (probably not so good, but it was nice)
New potatoes

Drinks - 1 coffe with semi skimmed milk
3 x litres water
2 x 330ml sparkling water
1 x Earl grey (splash of water)! I know...shouldnt have, spoils it

I was very good in the restaurant.....and I couldnt finish the potatoes or the salad...couldnt believe the size of the piece of chicken when it came..it was like a big fillet of chicken but it was very tastey. Everyone else was having things like chiken tikka, wraps, fish and chips, etc...so, think I did very well. I didnt have a dessert either so opted for a cup of Earl Grey.
I didnt drink either - had 2 x glasses of sparkly water.

Sunday

B - choc shake
L - went out with the girlies from Dublin as well; to a pub in glasgow!!
Baked potato( fairly small) with chilli 5 bean and side salad (plain)
D - chicken sandwich (around 10pm driving home)....couldnt find anything that was not covered in mayo, so had to have it..around 294 calories! Ok, as that is all I had.

Drinks - 2 coffee with semi skimmed milk
1 x small bottle diet pepsi
1 x can of Pepsi Max
Water - Just less than 3 litres

All in all the weekend was a great success food wise! Never once did I think I was missing out or felt deprived. My husband had crisps and sweets on the journey and not once did I even want them. I could have, but just didnt feel I needed them! Very proud of myself.

Reaction to me was strange...my friend, who I stayed with was amazed at how much I had lost..no one knew I was on the diet!!! But, my other friend, that I am closest to said nothing until my other friend commented on how much I had lost. Strange!

Even the girls we went to Dublin with said nothing and this day I had my tight jeans on and you couldnt help but notice I had no backside, etc! I wasnt worried to be honest as I did this for me and I feel good.

We even had a trip to Bravissimo...oh my word!!!! I knew it, I need either a 32 or 34 (but really a 34)..and I have been wearing 36 and I knew it was too big! It was such a great experience,,and if you are a big boobed woman GO!! It is such an eye opener, although I spent too much...way too much ;-)

So, I feel so much better than I did on Thursday (WI Day). Feel ready to go on holiday and know I will make the correct choices whilst out there..

No exercise though!!! Will have to make up for it this week.

5 sleeps for me!!! :D :D :D :D :D Im about to start packing :giggle:

Glad you have had a good weekend scots, and managed to not pick at crisps and sweets :) Your friends probably feel a little jealous tbh thats probably why they didnt comment. But aslong as you know you look hot and you feel good about yourself than you know you have done good :D xxx

How are we going to cope without both of you!!!!????!!!! :( ;) xx

Glad you enjoyed your weekend Iris. Sounds like you did really well food wise!

As for your friends - there's nowt so queer as folk!

Funny story (talking about 'queer' & folk ;)) - I went to a christening yesterday to help out. My eldest son was Godfather to his friend's little girl. He is gay as is my daughter (I've another son in between those two). I was in the kitchen defrosting some rolls for the BBQ and this woman said to me 'you're Jonathan's Mum aren't you?' .... 'he's a lovely boy isn't he?' (BOY! He's 31 but anyway ...) Of course I said yes and that if I'd known how he was going to turn out I might not have carried on until I had the daughter I wanted because she turned out to be gay anyway (Ha Ha Ha you understand, I hope!) She then said 'but you've got another one in the middle haven't you?' I said yes I had another son .... 'Is he alright?' she said - then thinking better of that she said 'Oh oh oh ... you know what I mean ..... is he ..........????' the poor woman couldn't find a word so I said 'I think the word you're looking for is 'normal' ... yes he is'. After which she scuttled away embarrassed.
This was all said very lightheartedly, I felt sorry for her actually and found it very amusing as did Jonnie (& his husband) when I told them. Like I said - nowt so queer ... ;) :) :) xx

(15 sleeps till MY jollies ;)) xx

:giggle:

Jan where are you deserting us for?!!! x

Kefalonia ***big sigh*** same place as we've been for about 5 years now. We always said there were too many places to see to go back to the same place more than once but when you find the perfect place you suddenly change your mind ... why risk somewhere else not being so wonderful??
We've had to change accommodation this year for a couple of reasons but I'm sure it'll be just as wonderful **'nother big sigh** can't wait :) xx

You will be in Kefalonia before you know it :) You will be so excited on the countdown you wont realise we are on holiday already!! :)

Thanks Jan,,I enjoyed it very much but now I feel absolutely drained...like my husband says, short and sweet!!! I dont know if I can cope for a week, as we laugh so much that it tires me out!

I have a load of photos that hopefully I will post tomorrow.

Oh, the story about your son is funny! I tell you....I bet that woman wanted the ground to open up and swollow her....normal..hahaha...what the hell is normal nowadays!!! Gosh, I think you handled it very well to be honest but I am sure you have had a load of hassle over the years with the amount of ignorant people there are..eh....well done you for your answers :) Yes, none as queer as folk...I used to think I could figure people out, but not so sure nowadays! Maybe I am getting older and hate to say it, I am chaning..hahhahah...

Well, I got the hubbys stuff all sorted tonight...he is hopeless and I would be a nervous wreck if I waited for him, so I am best to sort it all out! I know what I am taking, so it is just a matter of packing everything maybe Thur night, Friday morning.....

I need some sunshine...looking really pastey!!

I bet you will have a ball in Kefalonia!!! You will know the place so well which sometimes is nice cause then you can just relax.

How are we going to cope without both of you!!!!????!!!! :( ;) xx

Glad you enjoyed your weekend Iris. Sounds like you did really well food wise!

As for your friends - there's nowt so queer as folk!

Funny story (talking about 'queer' & folk ;)) - I went to a christening yesterday to help out. My eldest son was Godfather to his friend's little girl. He is gay as is my daughter (I've another son in between those two). I was in the kitchen defrosting some rolls for the BBQ and this woman said to me 'you're Jonathan's Mum aren't you?' .... 'he's a lovely boy isn't he?' (BOY! He's 31 but anyway ...) Of course I said yes and that if I'd known how he was going to turn out I might not have carried on until I had the daughter I wanted because she turned out to be gay anyway (Ha Ha Ha you understand, I hope!) She then said 'but you've got another one in the middle haven't you?' I said yes I had another son .... 'Is he alright?' she said - then thinking better of that she said 'Oh oh oh ... you know what I mean ..... is he ..........????' the poor woman couldn't find a word so I said 'I think the word you're looking for is 'normal' ... yes he is'. After which she scuttled away embarrassed.
This was all said very lightheartedly, I felt sorry for her actually and found it very amusing as did Jonnie (& his husband) when I told them. Like I said - nowt so queer ... ;) :) :) xx

(15 sleeps till MY jollies ;)) xx

Day 11

B - choc shake..oh I do still like them!
L - not so good....only some sliced chicken

NOTE: I was suppose to go out and get some salad, but was so busy at work as I didnt get in till 11am with being at the sports massage again! So, I just had to work through and just have chicken....

D - salmon steak, potatoes, green beans and side salad with balsamic vinegar

Around 9:30pm - had some chopped kiwi, blackberries and tangarine with a few tablespoons of natural yoghurt.

Drinks - just around 3 ltres water
2 x coffees (1 with semi and 1 with skimmed).

No exercise yet, but will do 20 mins on vibroplate after finishing on the forum!

I've been doing some packing tonight ... very early I know but we've only got 15kgs each so I want to do it asap in case we really need to pay for the extra weight allowance. I begrudge the extra £30 (that's 2 evening meals!!! ;)) just to take a few extra 'bits' but I like to take my painting equipment and other things I never get a chance to do at home. So I'll be wearing the same things all the time but really - who notices?? Who cares?? It's not a dressy up place so it doesn't really matter although it would be nice to have a bit more choice than I'm going to have. I normally abdicate responsibility for DH's stuff but I'll have to do it this year or he'll end up with 18 tops we haven't got the weight for ... I kid you not - that's how many tops he took last year!!

Your food's looking really good! I thought I'd look back and repeat the week when I lost 1.4lbs last month. When I looked it was a shocking week food wise!! Go figure!! xxx :) xxx

Jan!!!! If i can pack a case for a weeks holiday away with a mate and only 15kg allowance you can too lol mind you, i have to settle with just 3 pairs of shoes :sigh: :giggle:

You lucky people, about to go away on holiday! Can't complain cos I had a great time away.

Glad you feel in control Iris, you have done so well.

Enjoy your hols all of you!

I dont blame you Jan...I panic every time as I am always convinced we will be over. We always fly Turkish Airline and I think the baggage is a lot heavier,,,sure it is 20kg each, so we are usually ok, but I still panic as he takes his laptop and his camera and his camera is around 5kg with the lense!

I dont think anyone even bothers to look to be honest..shorts/t shirt and of course the bikini/or tankini in my case!! Thats about it..with a few summer dresses :) When smaller, you can travel lighter too. I usually take WEEKS trying to figure out what to take as I am usually fat, but not this time...it is lovely :)

hahaha - 18 tops...now my OH is the opposite..he would take 1 pair of trousers/shorts and a few t-shirts...so, I have to make sure he takes plenty and also smarter things too :)..what are they like!!

I've been doing some packing tonight ... very early I know but we've only got 15kgs each so I want to do it asap in case we really need to pay for the extra weight allowance. I begrudge the extra £30 (that's 2 evening meals!!! ;)) just to take a few extra 'bits' but I like to take my painting equipment and other things I never get a chance to do at home. So I'll be wearing the same things all the time but really - who notices?? Who cares?? It's not a dressy up place so it doesn't really matter although it would be nice to have a bit more choice than I'm going to have. I normally abdicate responsibility for DH's stuff but I'll have to do it this year or he'll end up with 18 tops we haven't got the weight for ... I kid you not - that's how many tops he took last year!!

Your food's looking really good! I thought I'd look back and repeat the week when I lost 1.4lbs last month. When I looked it was a shocking week food wise!! Go figure!! xxx :) xxx

Jan!!!! If i can pack a case for a weeks holiday away with a mate and only 15kg allowance you can too lol mind you, i have to settle with just 3 pairs of shoes :sigh: :giggle:

Tanya

It is the shoes that take up the most..I am sure of it...I have to have a different pair for every outfit usually...dont know how I am going to whittle it down to a few this year!!! It is a problem ;-)!!! We do like our shoes/sandals eh!

Please take a pic of the necklace...would love to see it....for some reason the Turkish women can wear big and bold, even when they are so small....my sister in law Gulden is like that..I wonder if it is because they are always a lovely golden colour!!!!!!!!

Oh, I am getting very excited now...only 4 sleeps for me!! My husband is really looking forward to it this time too and yes he misses his mum as he is really close to her and all his family, as you know it is a very special thing with families in Turkey..so different (sadly) to my family!

Havent got around to taking a pic of the necklace yet, but I will do soon. I have also put my Turkish flag up in the gazebo, it looks lovely and our Turkish friend seen it last night on MSN webcam, he was so pleased to see it.

Damn the shoes!! :giggle:

Havent got around to taking a pic of the necklace yet, but I will do soon. I have also put my Turkish flag up in the gazebo, it looks lovely and our Turkish friend seen it last night on MSN webcam, he was so pleased to see it.

Dont worry Mary; I am the same..I am still trying to download my before and kinda after pics,,still not done it! Will get there eventually.
Oh, he will have been pleased!!
Did you hear about that guy pulling his trousers down and showing his backside at Ataturk!!!!! Not the done thing at all...not to modern day Turks! My husband was absolutely horrified being a Kamalist! It really offended him and he is over here...dont quite understand why he did it as most people havent a clue who Ataturk is!!! Strange..some people! I think he has been banned from Turkey for 5 years..

Back