Re-Start 1st January 2010 - buddy group

Achelois. Thank you for that. I have a feeling I am in Ketosis then. And quite possibly was yesterday. Today I know I could eat as everyone has such delicious lunches sitting on their desks and it smells soooo good. Have just made a black coffee, had my 2nd shake and am on my 2nd glass of water.
Weigh in on Saturday.

She's doing great, I don't know how she copes with two but she does!! She is happier now they are sleeping through the night and she is getting some sleep. I can't wait until they are a bit bigger and start to interact with each other, although hitting each other with toys is not so good lol.

How are you doing on CD? Day 2 nearly over for me and so far so good.

Snowed in so no work today and probably tomorrow. The roads are so treacherous and no buses, so I dont even have that option (phew) :D

xx
Not so well, having to restart again today:cry:I just couldnt get my head round it. Feeling positive though about today. How are you doing? Hey sleeping through at 8 months is great mine were nearly 2! They are sweet when they interact but of course you get fighting then as well:mad:.

Fell off last night in a big way. Ate 2 slices of pizza, some microwave popcorn - NOT the healthy type. And some ice cream and sweets. URGH.
Am gutted but am going to start again today and hopefully move on from there.
Hugs, me too, I just cant seem to get a grip on this restart, arghhhhh! Totally comitted today though, we can do it:D

I have been very lucky, appear to have not gained anything extra and am still in ketosis somehow.
Am feeling hungry though, hopefully it will just progress and I will stop feeling hungry soon!
Hope everyone is doing great!
xxx
L

Day 4 - Have just had my 200 calorie meal and couldnt eat all of it. This is a first for me. Anyone have any ideas why? Im just looking forward to getting daughter in bed and snuggling up with a black coffee and final choc shake.

Only day two for me and def not in Ketosis, although strangley not hungry......

I have a cough and bad throat left over from flu, been sucking lockets on and off, done a half pack now..is that going to affect my diet...been 100% on evrything else!!!!! scales moving already

(had superb coughing fit on train to work, people actually moved seats whilst I sat with mascara running down my face!!!!)

To those finding the restart hard - I never understood why a restart was much harder than the first time but i have come to believe its lack of excitement for the diet and being slim. For me to get back my mojo i surf the net looking at all the slim clothes i want, make wardrobes on the sites that i can and i just keep going back and looking at them when i feel weak and it gives me back some excitement. I also think that if your not a daily weigher then i would think about doing it just for the first week, i find seeing those scales going down daily is enough to keep me going. We are all here for you and can support you through those weak moments if you can take a step back when the food urges are strong, come here and we shall support you through it. There is a lot of us in this restart group who knows just what your going through and i'm sure when your in need someone will be around to help you. You sound like you back in the race today but i just want you to know we are all with you 100%!

Its day 3 for me, have had a great day. I've been to watch Avatar with the kids on OH as worked was called off. When on CD before this would lead to popcorn and whatever else i could eat but i stayed in control the whole time, even whilst they had KFC. I'm amazed with myself and i feel stronger now than i did when i first started the diet back in June 09. My CD journey had been blighted by blips and periods of time off diet but i really feel like i can do this. I also tested for ketosis tonight and the Ketosis Queen has arrived :D

Well done to all those who are still doing amazingly well and i cant wait for some of the first weeks WI results to come in.

jazzmars14 - they should sell them in pharmacies or maybe the pharmacy section of ASDA or maybe boots or Superdrug?
Today is REALLY hard. Am in ketosis but sooo hungry. I keep thinking that as I fell off yesterday I may as well give in but am hanging on by my fingernails!
xxx
L

Start of day 4 still feel really bloated and scales haven't moved for 2 days :( but I expect they will catch up. Another day at home for me school still closed. I have dug the car out, but as our road still has compacted snow/ice on it not going to try and drive, doubt I'd get it up the hill. Off to get some food in for dh later, but I'll walk down to the shops don't need much. Hope everyone has a good day,

OH so sorry to hear that people are having problems, I agree with sass the restart is a lack of enthusiasm for the diet, I always have it in the back of my mind that because this diet works so well I can give in today and pick up again tomorrow or on Monday, which of course is not the right attitude!

When you first start Cambridge there is a reason to do it, a point in your life where you have tried everything and this seems like the best optionand then you start and bam you have shifted pounds, you continue and weight falls off your buying new clothes and you feel great!

So when we slip up and forgetthe diet for weeks or months, it is difficult to get back in, the desire is there but the desperation isn't!

All I can say is if you have been on it, felt great, bought new clothes and found confidence the last time you did it, tap into that feeling, the food isn't really worth it but the end goal is!

Keep going!! X

Day 5 for me too :) all going well, had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning (first time yet and last time before WI) and have already shifted 8.5lbs - so the water has gone and some! Am down from 13.12 and a half to 13.4. Would be amazing to get into the 12's by the end of the week, if not early next week!

xxx

Day 5 for me too. I got on the scales this morning and did think id lost anything and its weigh in tomorrow. I feel slimmer on in the tummy area, and dont feel hungry as tried to eat my 200 cal meal last night and couldnt finish it. So def in ketosis.
Good luck on your weigh in's everyone.
x

Morning all, well done to all you on day 5 and in ketosis. I'm on day 4, things should be easier from here on in. I'm at home today with the kids, got lots to do around the house so i will be kept very busy all day.

Hope you all have a great fat burning day!! xx

Hi all so i have almost done a week. But my councillor is stuck abroad and not entirely sure when they will be returning. I am finally not feeling hungry but not really drinking as much water as i should be. Dont want to weigh myself as i know that if i have not lost any weight or as much as i would have hoped i will become disheartened.
Finding this time around quite isolating as all my social life kind of revolves around food!! Does anyone else feel the same?

It is very isolating, making excuses for not meeting friends or avoiding meals, dreading family birthdays and other social events!

I am struggling today, there are four cold sausages in the fridge and I want them! I am resisting but god I know I could eat them in one easy go!

Back