Re-Start 1st January 2010 - buddy group

Thanks....

I actually have a problem with coke zero so i am trying to kick that as well.....:(

hi everyone day 2 going okay so far had my shake for breakfast and a tomato soup at lunch and lots of water :) just found out school closed again tomorrow :) this is making the first few days of restart so much easier for me as i can drink loads of water and nip to the loo whenever I want :)

Hi again!
Thanks for the welcome guys!
My first day going well, had my first shake at 3pm, so I have plenty left to help me through the evening!
So I should be alright!

Hi everyone, started today and getting there. Just about to go take the dog out to stop me wanting my usual TV nibbles..... had my three shakes so its water and coffee til bed..no headaches yet but bracing myself for tomorrow.....

Just tried my work trousers on as back tomorrow and cant do them up - they were ok before xmas!!!!!!!!!!!! might not be able to breathe all day tomorrow, better not laugh in case i burst out of them

Soooo, frustrating. I posted a reply about 4 hours ago and it hasnt appeared. Cant remember what I wrote, but no it was loads, and very informative!!
OK so Im at the end of day 3. Ive nearly drunk 2 litres of water, and can honestly say Ive not wee'd so much in all my life. I feel soo bloated and heavier than when I started. Is this normal?
Does anyone know if black coffee counts towards the fluid intake?

Welcome to those who have joined today :D

Jazzmars - I read a post on here yesterday that said that coffee does count towards the fluid intake, i will try and find it for you.

Hobekat - that happened to me when i went back to work and was so bad i had to go and get the next size up, i really didn't think the seams would last till i got my gained weight back off.

Well done Jacquie your doing fab!

Day 2 almost over!!!

I have had 2 packs, 3ltrs of water, will have my 3rd shake whilst OH eats his dinner when he comes in from work as he is on lates, all the kids are fed and guess what else............My sister bought me a box of forrero rocher choc's and i managed to feed most of them to the kids and not have one myself!!!! I'm well proud of myself. Will feed the rest to OH when he gets in.

Hows everyone else feeling this evening?

Hi all new to mini mins. I started the cambridge July 08, lost 3 and 1/2 stone then found out i was pregnant. But babies here plus additional baby weight so i have started sole source and back on my journey.
Looking for a buddy, so leave me a message.

Last edited:
Thanks Sass. Ill try not too overdose on the coffee today then, but have to say its keeping me warm. Why oh why do i feel so cold? (and its not the weather) Ive just put my daughter to bed, and suddenly have a small tummy cramp, almost like a stitch. Does anyone have/had this? Maybe its too much water??

Wow how time flies cant belive they are 8 months :eek:. DD is back at school today and the twins are just as bad. I have had to take all their play tools off of them today as they were hitting each other on the head with them and hurting each another!
You did well too, it's great your back we can keep each other on track. Hows your daughter doing?

She's doing great, I don't know how she copes with two but she does!! She is happier now they are sleeping through the night and she is getting some sleep. I can't wait until they are a bit bigger and start to interact with each other, although hitting each other with toys is not so good lol.

How are you doing on CD? Day 2 nearly over for me and so far so good.

Snowed in so no work today and probably tomorrow. The roads are so treacherous and no buses, so I dont even have that option (phew) :D

xx

Everyone is helping with their inspirational stories, even just saying how you got through the day I am starting on day 4 today, I feel strong but weak, if that makes sense! I mean I crave food but don't need to eat it. I love this feeling but other attempts I have succumb to a little munch and ruined it!

Not this time!

Keep strong keep going!

morning all you lovely's

Hope you all have a good day, cant be online for long as i'm off to work but wanted to just check in.

Day 3 for me, forgot to test for ketosis but will do a little later. Had some chicken last night though i was really feeling like a binge so i'd say job well done as chicken was limited damage.

Anyway must dash, have a good snow day all, i will be around later xxx

Hi everyone
Glad to hear you are all doing so well - welcome to the newbies too!
I had a bit of a moment last night - for those that dont know I lost 5 1/2 stone in 2006 and am back trying to lose 3st 13 :-( On day 11 and have lost 10lbs in my first week... but
Last night friends of ours called us as we are going to a party on Saturday night and asked if they could stay due to the weather. I was so excited thinking about having them over and what a laugh it is going to be. Which made me log onto ebay and order a dress for the party in size 18 with a bolero in a size 16. Went to bed feeling ok but a bit gutted that I couldnt get in the smaller size and with the attitude that sod it - I will have the night off on Saturday and do what I want.
This morning I have woken up, had a sneeky WI (not due to Sunday) and see that I have lost another 3lbs. Not worth cheating Saturday night - so have cancelled order with ebay and reissued demanding dress in size 12 and bolero in size 14 for the next one.
Feeling very motivated again - and CANT WAIT for that feeling of stepping out knowing you look good iykwim!

Anyway - enough ranting from me - everyone be good and talk to you later

A xxxx

Day 4 for Me.
Im at work for the first time since Christmas Eve, and thankfully all the goodies our clients bought in are gone. The downside is that sitting here at my desk answering calls, is sooo boring. At least at home I could occupy myself and do ironing, or clear wardrobes out. I cant stop thinking about food. Everyone in the office is talking about an offer Burger King has on, and whether they should get one for lunch, as Burger king is just round the corner from us. I think if I smell the burgers, I will cave!!!
Still dont think I am in Ketosis?
*Sass* - You said something about checking to see if you were in ketosis......how do you do this?

Do not give in! You have come so far and you are almost over the worst of it!
Ok - ketosis - you can buy ketostix which you wee on and then check to see the colour. But easiest way is to think - am I hungry or do I just want to eat? If you are not actually hungry there is a good chance you are in ketosis. Also, you will have possibly, dog breath, furry teeth and feel quite energetic
Does that help?

A x

oh dear.
Fell off last night in a big way. Ate 2 slices of pizza, some microwave popcorn - NOT the healthy type. And some ice cream and sweets. URGH.
Am gutted but am going to start again today and hopefully move on from there. Have weighed myself and am still at 11lbs loss so that's ok I guess. I just need to get back into Ketosis!
Hope you're all surviving!
xxxx
L

morning everyone, day 6 for me and still 100% although i cannot stop thinking about food!!!!

hope everyone else is going good xxx

Back