Re-Start 1st January 2010 - buddy group

Hi Leorose, your right the diet can be very isolating if you don't feel strong enough to be around food, I was like that last time on CD but i intend to be able to live a semi normal life this time round. I don't intend to stop going to the cinema or even watching films at home with OH. I want to beat the need to eat at times when its always been the norm. The person that has shown me that life really doesn't need to change that much when on CD is my little sister who has been on the diet for about 5 weeks now and she still goes for meals with the family or friends and she just happily drinks her water and enjoys her night out, this is okay as long as the restaurant is fine with it of course. I know its easier said than done but if like me you could be on this for a good part of this year it will be a good idea to try and find a way of being able to join in some social events.

Cherry, get rid of those sausages. My poor dogs are going to be as fat as a house soon. I don't normally give them our food but when the kids don't want it and i want to get rid of it but not bin it the dogs seem to be getting it. Today they have had the left over stew that the kids wouldn't have for lunch just because i would have been tempted if it sat there much longer. Stick with it and before you no it tomorrow will be here hun xxx

Something else you could do to make you not want those sausages......... research what actually goes in them!! I love sausages but when i think about what they are made from i kinda go off them.

Hi all, Day 4 for me and so far so good. Back at work today, managed to get a bus in, too scared to drive....such a woosie!!!

It is now 15:10 and only had a cappuccino shake so far, three black coffees and several glasses of hot water, so am pleased about that.

Managed to resist standing on the scales. Hopefully I can be patient until WI on Monday. Hope you are all ok and have a good weekend SSing.

I don't blame you for not driving in the snow, i don't drive yet! but i know i wouldn't want to drive in this, its bad enough walking in it :D

Sounds like your have a fab day 4. Monday will soon be here but i don't know how your managing to stay off the scales, its all so exciting isn't it.

Last edited:
I've not driven in the snow either, thats why I'm glad school is closed, I dread having to drive to work, if its open on Monday and the snow is still around might walk the 5 miles,

Update on Day 5
Have been asked to go out for a friends birthday to Pizza Express. I have said yes. Contacted my counsellor and she suggests a chicken salad. May have to have a few cigerettes on the way to quench the hunger pains.
x

omg everyone i think is in the same boat, i lost 4 stone last year then was a pig and put it all back on. I feel crap about it, this is my first day back on it and its hard

Welcome bubblegirl!!

I am dying today I want to eat so bad, just had last shake! Feeling bad, I want to eat, I won't but I want to!!!! Willpower to the extreme!

I'm the same with the wanting to eat, its strange because i'm in ketosis but the food thoughts are worse this evening than they have been since day 1. May have to go to bed early to make sure i stick with it.

Afternoon all and Trisha, how you doing today?

Yep day 5 today, hope its easier than last night. I got through last night by the skin of my teeth, I had some chicken but i was so close to ordering a take away!!! i woke this morning and was happy that i didn't okay so i had chicken but i'm still in ketosis and it wasn't half as bad as what i was really craving for.

Here's to day 5 and wanting an easy day :D

Oh and wanted to ask if anyone has had a ketosis head for more than 1 day, i seem to have had a very dull headache since day one and its starting to bother me now? Its kind of like a fuzzy hangover head :D

Hi Sass my headache cleared up pretty wquick, i have never had one from day one till day 5 , hope your ok!

I am suffering today! :(

Yea i'm fine in every other way just this dull pain. hope it passes soon.

The weekends can sometimes be very hard cant they.
Only 3 more days till i have my first WI, i'm counting down the days now :D The scales stayed the same as yesterday this morning but i'm still hoping for more to shift before i get weighed on Tuesday. Need to get rid of more of that xmas blow out.

Hi everyone - Day 6
I was really nervous that Id gone out last night, and would have completely ruined everything. I got on the scales this morning and weigh exactly the same, and hopefully will tomorrow aswell.
I resisted pizza, lasagne etc, and stuck to a chicken salad, without croutons!!! I did have glass of wine, but 3 glasses of water aswell.
I was supposed to weigh in today but I cant get to my counsellor, and luckily have enough shakes to last me until wednesday.
Hows everyone else doing?

Well done Emma,sticking to your chicken salad and resisting all those other yummy foods is something you should be very proud of.:happy096:

Back