Re-Start 1st January 2010 - buddy group

Day 8 - Have to say yesterday I was so hungry I had 2 boiled eggs, but phoned my CDC who said it was better than having 2 bars of chocolate. I go to weigh in on Wednesday. Havent put any weigh on from my scales so looking in the region of 8lbs.

As this is my first time on CD, does anyone know if you continue to stay in ketosis? And how long does the bad breath last for? My dad commented on Saturday which was highly embarrassing.

Well done to everyone who has stayed on track and lost, and well done to those who are starting again from scratch and not ditching the diet. Come on we can all achieve our goals.

Had a rubbish day - day six and just fell off wagon a little bit - had a banana and a small milkyway!!!!! full of shame now but am on totm....hope to be back into it before wi on Thursday...
cant bring myself to get on the scales

Yes thanks to everyones support yesterday I am into day 2
Day 8 - Have to say yesterday I was so hungry I had 2 boiled eggs, but phoned my CDC who said it was better than having 2 bars of chocolate.
Well done just eating that. If you have to eat eggs, cucumber, cottage cheese and cheese have low carbs so although you have nibbled it should still keep you in ketosis.
Had a rubbish day - day six and just fell off wagon a little bit - had a banana and a small milkyway!!!!!
Well it was only a little fall, when I go I go with a thud the milky way should be ok but not sure about the carbs in a banana. Keep going you have done really well to get to day 6

Morning all,

Well the past 2 days have been a total wipe out!!

I have now gained 5lb of the 8lb that i had lost and i'm gutted. I'm off to see my CDC at 1pm today and i'm going to put an idea to her. Thought i would run it past you lot as well.

Okay so my problem with SS is that i can get to day 4 no problem, get into Ketosis no problem but it seems that once i have done this i ALWAY go off the rails, now when i say always i mean this has been me from day one back in June when i first started CD. So i have been asking myself can i really do this diet long term on SS and i think i have come to terms with the fact the the answer for me is sadly NO!

I don't want to stop dieting or CD so here is what i'm going to suggest i do.

I plan to do SS every other day, the days in between i plan to have 2 shakes and an evening meal of whatever i want as long as its healthy and not taking me over 1000 kcals. I dont want to worry about carbs in veg or salad etc but i will stay away from potato and bread. This will totally take away the whole Ketosis factor in the diet but to be honest i think i can do without the breath. I can go a day without food and i think if i have the next days meal to look forward to it might make it abit easier to stick to for more than 6 days. I cant see that there will be a problem with me doing this as i will still be getting all that i need vit wise ( as far as i can see anyway) If my cdc is happy for me to do this i think i will give this a go for a while and you never know it might just result in me not needing that evening meal ever other day.

has anyone ever done this with CD and if so whats your loss been like?

Well done Miss JT for getting through day 1, go you!!! and well done for everyone else, your all doing so well.

Well done Miss JT for getting through day 1, go you!!! and well done for everyone else, your all doing so well.
Thanks sass, it was you who helped me through!
Have you tried to SS+? The differnce in weight loss is only about a lb a month. I can never do SS its just so hard. I was on SS+ for months. I would have porridge in the morning, shake or soup for dinner then a meal at night (Im vegetarian) which included either cottage cheese salad or cottage cheese veg bake or braised quorn fillets with veg and buillion. Then at night a CD chocolate bar. I was in ketosis and lost about a stone a month doing this and sitting down at night for a meal was my saviour. Perhaps it may be something to consider :D

i everyone, first of all I fell of the wagon today had a couple of biscuits :( just couldn't resisit them, but going to carry on though it will probably knock me out of ketosis I see to be very carb sensitive, and takes about 4-5 days for me to get into ketosis, but hey I can't undo what I've done.

Sass I think missjt idea of ss+ seems like a good one for you or even maybe a 810 day? let us know what your cdc says though

Hi All, i'm restarting tomorrow (13/01) and have about 6 stone to lose. I last did Cambridge about 3 years ago and lighter life last year. I'm roughly the same weight I was when I came off lighter life.

Slightly off-topic, but can anyone explain why I dont seem to be able to get an avatar (you all have one! :(), also how do you get the big signatures? It wont work for me! Thanks if anyone can help.

BAD BAD DAY FOR ME!!!
Im on Day 9, with weigh in tomorrow and had the day from hell. Started off so well with a shake for breakfast, dropped daughter at school then went shopping with an old friend. Even stuck to a black coffee in Costa. She treated me to lunch and I ordered a green salad with chicken, nothing else and a water, as decided I wouldnt eat tonight. From there it went down hill. Exhaust fell off car, lorry drove to close to me and ripped wing mirror clean off my car putting me and my daughter in a ditch. So when I got home I made my daughter beans on toast and had 2 bits of toast myself with lashings of butter. Feel so bloated now. Darent get on my scales, let alone go to CDC tomorrow.
I have also experienced today, (not very firm number 2's) if you catch my drift.......very concerning.
HELP

Slightly off-topic, but can anyone explain why I dont seem to be able to get an avatar (you all have one! :(), also how do you get the big signatures? It wont work for me! Thanks if anyone can help.
You do have one do you mean ticker, the count down? If so your signature needs to be a bigger block and you get it bigger by doing more postings (think it is around 100) the info is in the technical section somewhere.
May I be thick.....I mean I am blonde.....Whats an avatar??? And do I have one? lol
An avatar is the picture at the top of your posting (mine is the lady with swingie boobies) You need to go into user cp and then choose avatar

This should help you both:
http://www.minimins.com/forum-technical-support/53806-why-cant-i.html

Last edited:
Well day 3 for me, praise the lord a miracle has happened :worthy: lol. Was also in keto this morning so hopefully things will get easier.

Jazz dont be hard on yourself 2 pieces of toast is nothing after that, what a day.
Trisha you have been so good I'm sure you can get back on the wagon today.

Well done for getting back on track missjt, you are so lucky to get back into ketosis so quickly for me it takes ages!

Sorry to day I had a couple of spoons of dh pasta tonight so I really will be out of ketosis :cry: so back to day 1 tomorrow.

Last edited:
Evening all,

Firstly i want to say keep it up Miss JT your doing really well and congratulations on hitting the big K!!!!

Trisha, i dont think you should look at it as day one hun, i think for us re-starters day 1 is always looming and i think its a negative, ignore the pasta and be positive that you are doing so well. I think this diet leaves so much room to beat ourselves up and that's hard, its tiring and dont do us any good. Your doing fab so go you!!!

Welcome to anyone else who has joined us on this mission to slimdom since i have been abit awol. :D

Today i started the new plan and boy does it feel good, for some reason i have felt instant relief from the torture that i have been going through on a mental level with regards to dieting. This plan feels right and okay so its not by the book but its how i want to do it and if i lose slower then so be it because for me i need to be happy and if this is my answer then woooopdeeedooodaaa!!!! hallelujah!!! and praise the lord!!!

My new plan is to have the 3 CD meals so i get all vits etc etc.....Then have an evening meal, trying to stick to allowed foods but......This is where my plan comes into its own because i don't like being told i cant have, i want to be able to have a little of what i want as long as its not very bad so things like tomato (which we are not allowed on CD SS or SS+) philadelphia ( again a no no) now in my mind these things are okay as long as i know where to draw the line and take good care with portion control. I think the benefits of doing this will be that i can learn to have a better relationship with food, well better than what it is now and also i think it will help me maintain. I also hope it will take the focus off food for me.

Here is what i had today: my 3 shakes and an evening meal which was =150 cals and 5 carbs.total 600 cals

Hope everyone else is doing okay?

Sass - sounds like the 1000 cal plan - but obviously with less calories -I quite liked it as the suggested meals are good, youre not in ketosis but I still lost 2 -3 lbs per week.

Im doing ss+/810 but after wi this morning I might try to go down to ss, not sure I can manage without a bit of something at night - also keeps me going

results later

Your right sass I won't call it day 1 just going to continue and so far doing okay but I'm frozen, going to have a coffee to warm up, I've been really cold all day, then I was on yard duty at lunch time and it's sooo cold outside, even though I was wrapped up I was still cold and I haven't been able to get warm since.

Your plan sounds like a good one I shall watch with interest to see how you do, might even join you, if all goes well.

Last edited:
first wi and lost 7lbs!!!!!!!!

roll on next one now..

Hi All.
Sass I am interested to see how your diet goes aswell. I am having 2 shakes a day, as not able to stomach 3, then a small meal at night as need to be eating something.
I have to say I went off on a tangent today. They had ring donuts at work and they called my name all day. I managed until 4pm then couldnt help myself.
I also had a packet of squares crisps which were only 99cals. Ive been so stressed because of the car accident me and my daughter were in, Ive needed to eat and not been focused.
So im gonna say Im starting Day 1 again tomorrow, although I have lost 10lbs so far, and seems to be staying at that weight.
It seems strange but I seemed to have adapted a different way of thinking about food. Dont get me wrong, I could eat a huge amount of fish and chips right this minute, but something has clicked in my head to say dont do it, go for the healthier meal as 10lbs is a great loss so far.
Sass, what did you eat tonight for 150, and 5 carbs??
x

Evening all,

Jazz my meal last night was:

3 x lettuce leaves
4 slices cucumber
1 cherry tomato
50g salmon
1 tbsp philly soft cheese

I use something called my fitness pal which calculated it for me.

Today i had the same for my evening meal but i'm still needing to have 1 more shake which i will have later when OH has his tea.

hobekat - omg well done on such a brilliant week one loss and congratulations on getting through week 1. Here's to week 2.

I jumped on scales this morning and they are looking good, so i'm feeling really positive about this at the moment, i know i'm only on day 2 but it just seems like i can cope with this now. cant wait to see how it goes either and i will report my loss on Wednesday.

Miss JT hows you been getting on, hope you okay?

trisha - i hope your nice and warm now.

well done on the loss hobekat.
the meal sounds good sass, and good thatthe scales are looking ok. yes I'm nice and warm now.

Trisha, i dont think you should look at it as day one hun, i think for us re-starters day 1 is always looming and i think its a negative.
What a great thought, It's not day one again it was just a blip and works for me.

Well done hobekat thats fantastic.

Miss JT hows you been getting on, hope you okay?
Hey Sass im ok thanks. I had a blip yesterday after my plans went pear shaped but back to it 100% today and feel so much better not calling this 'day one.' In my head i've just told myself it was a blip and funnily Im not hungry and not thinking about food (like I do when I re-start.)

Sass that sound like a good plan but if you don't go into ketosis is it worthing paying CD prices? Wouldn't slim fast do the same job only cheaper. Only asking as when I move up the plans I might swap for slim fast instead.

I use something called my fitness pal which calculated it for me.
This site is great!

Back