Reading Labels

MaxieP

Not started Atkins yet but I was reading some labels in Tesco earlier. I couldn't believe that there was a carb difference in different brands of cream. Normal Tesco brand was even different to the organic or finest! And even the stock cubes differed so much. I think I will need to go shopping without O/H for a while!

Not sure if there are other veggies on here, but after reading through the 100 Quorn products (online thankfully) the bacon seems reasonably low carb (1.1g for a serving). There is a big difference between the Quorn burgers, pieces and fillets so definitely worth looking at labels and not the info in the new Atkins book!

Maxie

Its worth signing upto supermarkets online just to browse their products nutrition info then you know which brands are best when in store... saves a bit of time. xx

Thanks, that's a great tip. Am now trawling through tinned tomatoes online so I can find some way to have a veggie curry!

the books a guide only ALWAYS read the labels and use a carb calculater for veg or use the book as veg dont change much

Yeah definitely will do. Thought the book would be accurate with Quorn as it's a brand, but there are so many different Quorn products, I suppose 'Quorn burger' could refer to 3 different items now!

no probs it is amercian but gives you a good idea on things also some food outlets on there

I still read all the lables, it is astonishing how similar products vary though.

Back