Ready Steady Cook - Minimins Style

Apologies Michelle - I could have sworn it was Emsie - but looking back it was her sig I found it from.

Emsie, try chorizo - it's wonderful. Spicey, tomato-ey and yummy! And actually not that bad as far as syns go on SW.

100g of chorizo is 6.5 syns. I love the stuff but always forget to get it in or plan something to put it in.

So thanks Pom! Got 2 meals planned with it and sooooo looking forward to one of them, doing some prep for that meal at the weekend - I'm not having it till wednesday!! X

I love chorizo, and have always got some in the fridge.....love it with fish, potatoes, chicken and of course paella:D

100g of chorizo is 6.5 syns. I love the stuff but always forget to get it in or plan something to put it in.

So thanks Pom! Got 2 meals planned with it and sooooo looking forward to one of them, doing some prep for that meal at the weekend - I'm not having it till wednesday!! X
I normally buy chorizo de pavo - chorizo made from turkey. It's lower in calories and certainly a lot less fatty.
Taste is slightly less too unfortunately and it is the pre-cooked variety so not alwasy suitable for cooking with.
But I love all the different types of chorizo sausage you can get here - taht you probably can't in the UK - from fairly mild to really spicey!

So have eaten it and it was tasty. Looked terrible as it just slipped everywhere but was nice,quite similar to the baked bean lasagne.
This was the recipe Black Bean Vegetarian Lasagne recipe - All recipes UK
But I adapted it and just used cottage cheese and cheddar with an egg and mustard powder for the topping. If I do it again I wouldn't put the cottage cheese in I'd just top with cheese.

Is anyone willing and able to find out if the refried beans I got from Aldi have syns? Any do people think this would freeze?

I'll check in a second for you and I would freeze it! I freeze most things and they always come out fine :)

Can't find Aldi refried beans but if you still have the can and can give nutritional values then I can work it out for you :)

Emsie - values off the SW website that I can find are as follows:-

Product
Extra Easy
Original
Green
Discovery Foods, Spicy Refried Beans, canned, 215g can Free 10 Free
Old El Paso, Refried Beans, canned, 100g Free Free
Discovery Foods, Refried Beans, canned, 415g can Free 18½ Free

So free on EE & Green days - which is what I assume you are doing.

Emsie - values off the SW website that I can find are as follows:-

ProductExtra Easy
Original
Green
Discovery Foods, Spicy Refried Beans, canned, 215g can Free 10 Free
Old El Paso, Refried Beans, canned, 100g Free Free
Discovery Foods, Refried Beans, canned, 415g can Free 18½ Free

So free on EE & Green days - which is what I assume you are doing.
Thanks you x

The values of the brand I used are.....
Per 100g
94 kcal
Carbs 7.8
Fat 4.1
Fibre 4.9

Thanks you x

The values of the brand I used are.....
Per 100g
94 kcal
Carbs 7.8
Fat 4.1
Fibre 4.9
Also need protein value - but have whacked the values through and it doesn't appear to matter what I put in for protein.
Have assumed pinto beans - as that is the norm in refried beans - and it calculates it as 2½ Syns per 100g on Extra Easy

Chilli con meatballs! Meatballs using minced beef (putting all the spices in the balls and frying off), blitz red peppers (from a jar) with passata and spring onions. Add to cooked meatballs to heat through.

Fry kidney beans with cumin seeds till hot a crispy and chuck on top of served balls. Meant to add coriander but for some reason I didn't order it....?!

1371756164520.jpg

Useless fact for you about refried beans from Wiki.
Refried beans (Spanish: frijoles refritos)
The name is based on a mistranslation in Mexican Spanish, the prefix re is an informal form of emphasis meaning "very" or "well", which has been confused with the re, which more often indicates repetition. Thus, frijoles refritos really means "well-fried beans", not "refried beans". In this dish, the beans are often fried, but may also be baked, thus making the term "refried" a misnomer on two counts.

Chilli con meatballs! Meatballs using minced beef (putting all the spices in the balls and frying off), blitz red peppers (from a jar) with passata and spring onions. Add to cooked meatballs to heat through.

Fry kidney beans with cumin seeds till hot a crispy and chuck on top of served balls. Meant to add coriander but for some reason I didn't order it....?!

View attachment 96714
Looks tasty and filling x

Back