Total Solution Rea's Radical New Routine

Rea Cat

Last night, I had one hell of a last hurrah. I ordered a monstrous amount of Dominos and I scoffed the lot. Not even as particularly ashamed of that as I probably ought to be. But it was all for a good cause - all in the name of a last hurrah. Because this morning I started the Exante Total Solution plan.

I've been preparing for a few days now; I bought a blender (Breville Active Blend) and rooted out the hand whisk (which my mammy kindly bought me at Christmas). I've been having slim fast shakes twice a day and trying my best to 'be good' of an evening. But today was D-Day - Diet Day - and I won't lie, I was actually pretty excited to start.

Breakfast
I got a free packet of Slender Sip with my order, so I kicked off by getting up half an hour early (7.00am) to have a sachet with water, followed by another glass, as instructed. I was actually amazed at how full that alone made me feel, and to be honest I didn't really feel like having a shake after it, but I blitzed up a honeycomb shake anyway, as I was excited to try one (8.00am). While it wasn't the most exciting thing I've ever had, and wasn't quite as tasty as the slim fast caramel equivalent, it was much creamier and felt nicer going down, if a little bland. Maybe I used a little too much water; I'll try it with less next time. It was, however, very palatable and I would definitely order it again.

Lunch
Fast forward a few hours at work (12.00pm) and I was still feeling pretty good; not hungry but starting to head towards that way, so I cracked out th Slender Sip I took to work with me and downed it with a second glass of water to follow. I got a little caught up with rushing around again at that point, as I had an appointment at 1.00pm, but I remembered to grab my Choolate Shake from the fridge on the way out (12.45pm). Now I drank this on the go in the car (don't tell the traffic cops!) and didn't really take as much time to appraise and appreciate it, but it was definitely good - better than the slim fast equivalent - and I will definitely be buying more of this. I used less water with this one, so maybe that's the key. I'll find out tomorrow on that one!

Mid afternoon slump
I had a failure at 4.00pm. With hindsight, I should have taken another slender Sip with me and will do so next week. That would have done the trick. However, with a growling stomach I gave in to temptation and ate a pack of salt and vinegar Peckish rice crackers. I did then have to run up and down the stairs a few times, so maybe all is not lost as that kept me going for the rest of the working day.

Tea
Arriving home at about 5.30pm, I cracked straight on with dinner. This was the bit i was most apprehensive about, as a really fussy eater. I confess I cheated a little at this point too, as I had some prawns in the fridge. So I figured I'd try a sweet and sour noodles and pop in the prawny goodness.

I added 230ml of water to the noodle powder as per the instructions on the packet. Now I've since re-read the website and that states 160ml, so maybe that explains the oddly wet mess I ended up with. The taste was absolutely fine, surprisingly, as some people had said it was too sweet. It was sweet, not really a hint of sour, but it was okay. The texture was...odd. I disliked the meaty lumpy bits. I ended up picking out my prawns and giving up on chewing the noodles; I started shovelling them in and swallowing them down without a chew. It worked. They're in, my belly is contentedly full, and there wasn't any hint of a dodgy aftertaste that I'd read about, so I'll take that as a win. Again, I'll try less water next time. Not sure I'd order them again at this point, but I'll eat the other six packs I have and I may change my mind if they turn out less...wet.

Day 1 Verdict:
First day was a lot easier and more pleasant than I expected it to be. I didn't need to cheat; I will avoid doing so tomorrow. However, my Apple Watch has logged 400 extra calories burnt today (2400 overall) so an additional 200 calories on prawns and 80 on rice snacks won't be too damaging; 850 odd in and 2400 burnt. I'll take that as a good start.

Thanks Freefall - I'm still at the point where I'm finding it all really exciting. Opening each little packet is like a mini adventure in itself!

I admit i did slip up a little in the evening, but i think that was partly that I'd staggered my meals at the wrong time in the day (as i do tend to stay up quite late) and the knowledge that i have 5 (or now 4) M&S Luxuary Vanilla Yoghurts in the fridge with an expiration date of next week! I wasn't expecting my Exante to arrive so quickly so I might need to start giving them away to people...

Anyway I was off to a flying start with day 2. I didn't have the slender sip before breakfast today as i've found they keep the hunger at bay for a few hours, so i decided to save them - one for late morning with the plan of having a later lunch - and one for the evening to try and avoid those pesky but yummy yoghurts.

Breakfast
I can't remember the last time I was so excited for breakfast. I'd planned to have Strawberry Delight, which i've read is a lot like angel delight, and even as a grown woman the idea of pudding for breakfast excited the hell out of me, and this stuff did NOT disappoint. Big thanks to my mammy for buying me an electric whisk for christmas (I was going to be making butterscotch meringue, but part of me thinks this is a much better use, even if my tastebuds cried at the thought of butterscotch meringue), as i used that to whip it all into shape in a big mug. I was a little concerned while whisking because it didn't look to be getting much thicker, but when i stopped and spooned the stuff, wow. I mean, it was a much nicer texture than angel delight but it's really comparable, for anyone who needs an indicator of what it's like. the flavour was lovely - artificially sweet but not overwhelmingly so, and the strawberry really shines through. Immediately ordered another two boxes of this. and a butterscotch one...and a chocolate one. i could LIVE on this stuff.

Lunch
Mushroom soup - quietly confident. I made it up in the Breville blender with 200ml lukewarm water, poured it out and added about 100ml hot water, and nuked it in the microwave for a minute. First try was quite nice, but it really needed pepper - i can tell because i started out thinking 'next time i'll add pepper' and ended up getting up a few sips later to go and find it NOW. thick and creamy like the shakes are. A little bland - maybe my fault for adding more water than necessary? - but overall nice and extremely filling. I feel stuffed like I've had a three course meal, which is a little disturbing really. Nearly didn't finish but thought I'd better get it in to see how long the fullness will last!

Tea
How does someone balls up on day 2?? I'm a little disappointed in myself, but things could have been worse. Massive craving for takeaway, despite not actually being hungry. It seems that the biggest battle in this is going to be the war with my own tastebuds. Which really sucks. Still, I didnt stick to Exante, but I kept things very low calorie and didnt give in to takeaway temptation. I haven't done as much research into Exante as I maybe should have, but Im under the impression its vaguely Keto/Atkins, so I made myself an omlette. Which I didnt enjoy or finish, obscurely, and now I have stomach pains so that ought to put me off doing that again in a hurry. Still, the myfitnesspal app rated it in at 350 calories (2 duck eggs, 5 sprays of fry lite, 30g mozzarella, 1 slice of lean M&S ham and one of chicken) and i didnt finish it, so I'm taking that as 300 calories. A bit of a fail but hopefully of the right kind and without too much diet damage.

Day 2 Verdict:
Not good, but could have been a hell of a lot worse. Discovered the amazingness of Strawberry Delight - maybe if i'd entertained the idea of having that again for tea things would have been better!! On the plus side, stomach pain is putting me off eating off-diet in the near future, and I've found someone to donate the lovely yoghurts to. Tomorrow is a new day!

⬇️ 1.7kg

The first week I was more interested in getting the diet to stick than a big loss. It took to day four to get to the six hundred calorie mark. Had a few boiled eggs and cheese slices in the first three day. I still got into ketosis and more importantly I didn't quit. You are doing well.

I don't feel too bad about it then! My watch says I'm nearly at 400 extra calories burnt again today so fingers crossed that's cancelled out my over-eat again.

In quite a but of pain right now - a silly little thought is that my body is punishing me for putting proper food into it when I've felt so good on the diet! Definitely going to just have 'sweet' Exante fixes when I'm craving junk from now on! I've ordered some bars and cookies which should be delivered early next week so fingers crossed they'll be a better option in this situation going forward!

⬇️0.8 kg

Well after the horror of pain I was in last night (I'm blaming you, omelette) I'm back on with it this morning. I actually woke up feeling not hungry at all but the thirst is really kicking in at the moment. I went from drinking loads - mainly fizzy pop, even if it was always diet pop (Pepsi max or Coke Zero) - to really cutting down on everything in the last few months, but now the thirst is coming back really strong. The strange thing is I don't want fizzy pop, though. But I hate water. I might need to invest in a little bottle of squash today to tide me over. I've got one of those free water flavouring packs coming with my exante order - which says it will be here tomorrow, but then again I ordered it on Friday with free next day delivery (rolls eyes) so I'm not counting my chickens on that one. But I definitely need something in the meantime because I can't cope with 'plain water' for much longer.

Breakfast
Well this morning I added for ice cubes to my chocolate shake, and it was the most amazing thing so far. I'm not going to lie I thought I was going to break my Breville active blend putting the ice cubes in; I know it says on the website and in the instructions that it can blend ice but the noises coming out of it as I tried to do so were absolutely terrifying. anyway I've learnt my lesson with that and I've decided to make some halfsize ice cubes in my ice cube tray to try and negate the problem in future. It's even thicker, creamier and ice ice cold. absolutely delicious.

I've already planned to go off diet at lunch time as I went to the Wensleydale creamery last Monday and got some special Yorkshire rarebit cheese to have cheese on toast with my cheese loving best friend. So I have planned ahead to put some exercise in and that will be the only time I go off diet today. I'm going to have another shake or angel delight tonight for tea so I'm not tempted to have anything else. I'm hoping the same friend will take the vanilla yoghurts off my hands and remove the temptation!

Lunch
Two slices of thick white bread and 100g of cheese. In all honesty, real food wasn't as great as i expected it to taste, but the bread was very welcome. I adore bread. If I could eat only one thing for the rest of my life it'd be bread. But I guess that's why I'm in this mess to start with.

I'd intended to have another shake for tea but to be honest it's nearly 9pm and I'm still not hungry. I'm wondering if I'm in ketosis already? Is that even possible? Wouldn't I have knocked myself out of it by having bread today?

Either way I'll take it. I'm going to have a Slender Sip shortly to stop myself from getting hungry later. Clocking in at 892 calories today, so still not bad at all. I'm sure I can wait til tomorrow - when I'm expecting another exante delivery of fun and exciting stuff - so I'll try to keep this thing going!

Day 3 Verdict:
I'm glad that having one meal off diet today didn't a) kill me with pain like that damn omelette and b) didn't knock me off plan altogether. I'd love to have a shake or something, just for the taste, but I can do without so I will. If I had any bars or anything (roll on tomorrow) I'd cut one up and have a tiny bit of one. But you live and learn. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Hope you are doing well if you chop up the chocolate or the peanut butter ones up into cubes and place in freezer you can have the occasional sweet similar to eating a toffee when you just need that something.

⬇️1.8kg

So somewhat miraculously I avoided eating anything last night. This is so like me it's untrue. And far from the cheese on toast destroying my diet, I'm down 1.8kg on the scales from this time yesterday, which is the better part of 4lb for those of you using old money. I funnelled somewhere in the region of 7 glasses of water down myself yesterday, which is probably a record for me with tap water in this country. Just mad. What's even stranger is that it's not even 8am and it's a bank holiday. I used to be quite an early riser - for years I got up at 6am (with the help of an alarm) without complaint or really 'feeling it'. In the last three years or so though it's been such an effort to drag myself out of bed; sometimes I cry that I'm still so tired or I don't want to go to work (combination of factors at work there), but that's usually my post 8am alarm (I now live much closer to work so I'm able to get those extra few hours in. But either way-I'm not in work today anyway and I've woken up at 7.30am feeling really refreshed. Thirsty but energy restored. Not hungry. I'm going to have a few glasses of water and see if I can hold off on breakfast a little while. I stay up quite late so I'm hoping to shift eating patterns a little later in the day.

Breakfast
I ended up having half a shake at about 11.30 knowing the boy was coming round for the afternoon and I was going to share/foist the rest of the cheese with him/upon him.

Lunch
Cheese and crackers. Slivers of three different cheeses and six luxuary crackers coming in at 480 calories. Could have been a lot worse - considering we both had kinder eggs for afterwards (Derren Brown marathon on dvds). The boy has gone off to have a big tea for his mam's birthday and I'm sat still looking at this kinder egg a bit like it's the enemy. Wonder how long that will last, but right now I'm not even the tiniest bit tempted to eat it. I'm going to have the other half of my shake shortly for tea.

Tea
Had the other half of my shake and walked to Spar to buy some squash seems - surprise surprise - my Exante order didn't arrive. What's the point of spending enough for free next day delivery on Friday to not receive it until Tuesday? Okay it's Yodel's fault for not working bank holidays but they shouldn't promise something they can't guarantee will happen. So still no bars - which sucks because I was planning to stash one in my bag to take to the funeral tomorrow (can't really rock up with a shake) - and I'm not sure what to do with tomorrow lunchtime. Sigh.

Day 4 Verdict:
I'm noticing other little energy related stuff. Yesterday I went back out to the car to get something that could have technically waited. Usually I avoid having to do that because of the stairs. I did a few loads of washing and I didn't feel aggrieved when I had to get up to hang out the washing. I got a 'perfect move goal' on my Apple Watch when I usually slump and do precious little exercise - ha, who am I kidding, any movement at all - at weekends. I like to stay in bed and recuperate. I can't even remember what I did on Saturday but I did loads yesterday. Just the energy levels I'm feeling are fantastic. Can't wait to incorporate some exercise into this thing and see what I can shift then!

⬇️0.9

Breakfast
Chocolate shake with lots of crushed ice; had at around 10am. Probably would have kept me going all day but I had a funeral today and ended up at the wake. Forgot to take my squash to work, but did discover the garage 5 mins up the road do 4 bottles of water for £1. Winner.

Lunch
So I specifically didn't go to the buffet. I asked my dad to bring me 'one sandwich and one sausage roll so I'm not tempted'. Bless him, with the best of intentions, he brought me a tuna sandwich, an egg mayo sandwich, half a mini pork pie, a spring roll and a posh dish finger. Luckily they were 'open top' sandwiches so I had the equivalent of half a submarine roll (which is what I entered it on MyFitnessPal as, and just added sandwich filler equivalents). Very nice lunch, but again I've been bad.

Tea
But 6pm and I still don't want any dinner, which is unlike me after a work day (I did go to work before and after). Cake home to an exciting exante delivery and a Myprotein delivery (both Hut Group, hilariously the boxes are identical) of lots of shakes, some bars, some pancake mix - and the exciting part - sugar free syrups for the pancakes. Saw them on a YouTube review of exante pancakes and just had to order some. Very excited to try them, a little unsure when I'll get the chance. Anyway, maybe I'll nibble on half a bar in an hour or so or something and save the other half for tomorrow. We will see.

Day 5 Verdict:
Woke up with lots more energy than usual again today but feeling drained tonight. But I guess it was an emotional day and work was manic thanks to being out for a few hours. Still not struggling, still cheating, and still seeing improvements on the scales. Got two more social occasions to get through this week, so hopefully next week I can do this properly. It's motivating that I'm already losing, even with not sticking rigidly to exante, and I've already lost my appetite. Couldn't eat a huge meal right now even if I wanted to, I'd probably be sick.

Sorry about the funeral.
As you are losing well it may be worth considering keeping the added meal and doing the working solution. Then using total when the plateau hits. While researching a read a few diaries of people on working or man plan and there was little difference in their weight loss than those doing total. I am short so percentage wise my 600 cals will probably be less than your 800 in reduction of what we need. If that makes sense.

⬇️0.1

Ouch. Well...I can't be greedy in the weight loss if I've been greedy in general I suppose. Kind of two points on that, I suppose: I suspect I'm about to come on my period so naturally I'm going to be a little bit bloated, and it's probably going to stunt the weight loss a little bit for a few days, and see aforementioned greediness.

Freefall- you made a really good point about maybe my body being ok with the 800 calories, as I am 5ft9 and I think I'm also a lot bigger than you sideways, as I'm a size 22, so for a little while you might be right. I think I might try and adopt a 5:2 routine - where I have the 800-850 calories for 5 days and 600 calories for two, or if this is actually me hitting a really early plateaux, maybe the other way round (5 600 cal meals and two days where I can have a lunch or dinner that I want?) I guess I've had a great start so far (5.3kg in 5 days - which is 11.5lb). I can't be disappointed with that. I'm not even hungry, and I'm finding it okayish to turn down normal food. Just need to be a bit stronger I think.

So onwards to a 600/650 cal day (I'm going to take an apple, just in case!)

Breakfast
Strawberry Shake. Had lots of new shake flavours delivered yesterday - some good, some bad - in a mixed box, but hoping this will be creamy and fruity and refreshing in the morning. It's currently 7am and I'm not hungry yet still so I'll hold off on this until just before work at 9.

Lunch
Had a...caramel crunch bar? Is that what they're called? In all honesty I can see what people mean about the taste of these things but they're not inedible, and it did keep me going til teatime. Just.

Tea
Maple pancakes and sugar free syrup - maple flavour - from exante offshoot myprotein. Erm...again, I could eat it, wouldn't say I enjoyed it. I'll finish this lot, and I'll try a different flavour syrup, but I'm not convinced I'd order it again. Very large meal for 200 odd calories though, and better than some of the 'slop' ready meals I've had. So that was good. Are at about 6 and still not starved at midnight though I'm a little hungry maybe. Went to see the boy this evening who was scandalised I'm not drinking brews so ended up with a black coffee with sweeteners in it ('there's nothing bad in coffee!' 'Milk! Milk is bad!' 'Don't have milk then!'). But he's a supportive tiger and he says he will start trying to teach me how to play squash again when his leg injury is healed.

Day 6 Verdict:
Big thumbs up. First day of proper 600calorie intake. Feeling good, feeling happy, crossing fingers for a 0.9kg loss tomorrow. It would be awesome to hit 1 stone loss in my first week, but given all the naughty slip ups I'll be happy with 'nearly' a stone!

Onwards to Thursday!

⬇️0.8

I can't actually believe it. 1 stone exactly in one week. I know I was hoping for it but I genuinely didn't think it was possible after yesterday's paltry loss. Just wow.

Two days of bad ahead - it's local voting night tonight and it's a family tradition to have a chippy tea after we've been to the polling station. Genuinely no idea what to pick for the best, here. If agreed to share a Chinese meal with my mam, but from previous diets I know kebab isn't a bad option, because it's mostly just meat. Daunting thought. And then tomorrow it's my boss's retirement do, so we're going to an Italian. Again I was planning to order something like a steak and have no carbs with it, but I'm just not that much of a steak fan, so I'm currently debating whether to have a starter-sized portion of lasagne and try to resist the cheesy garlic bread I know will be on the table, because there will also be cake. A big-ass, serves 48 people Costco cake that I'm picking up for him tonight. Eek.

I completely agree about the syrup tasting like chemicals, Freefall. But I also find it...lubricating? Probably the only word for it. So I will probably use it up still!

Breakfast
Strawberry shake again. Enjoyed this so much yesterday that I want it again straight away. Tempted to have half and save the other half til lunchtime if I can. Need to keep the calories down as far as possible today in preparation for tonight's disaster.

Lunch
I was intrigued to try two different things today so I half and halted two different products. I had half a double choc chip cookie at 2pm, and I had a tiny slice off the double chocolate bar at about 3.30 - more out of curiosity than hunger.

Tea
Crunch time. It was the traditional 'post voting Chinese'. And my god was it good. Arrived at mam and dad's to be presented with a big bowl of chicken and sweet corn soup, which I politely refused. I politely refused the prawn crackers. I did cave to one spring roll (pushing the other one dad put on my plate back to him despite me saying 'just one, please') and I had a bit of crispy duck, though not the pancake part. Half a container of special fried rice, a bit of sweet and sour chicken (nominal amount, really) and I skewered a few pieces of what I am informed was beef satay on my fork to try. That was delicious; it tasted nothing like satay. It was very dark brown and tasted nothing of peanut, so it met with my approval. However, upon getting home, it seems What my mum described as 'you've not eaten very much at all...' translated into TWO AND A HALF POUNDS OF CHINESE IN MY BELLY. Jesus wept. I hope some of that magically melts away by morning, put it that way.

Day 7 Verdict:
Started celebratory, with the 1 stone loss thing. Ended deliciously but ultimately I don't think it was worth it. Now I'm in a quandary about tomorrow. I was going to allow myself to join in the retirement festivities at work tomorrow (choice of chippy lunch or subway - I was going to pick the latter) but I think I'm going to stick to having a meal bar. Evening meal - Italian restaurant. I was going to have the starter portion of lasagne but now I think I'll either sneak a bar before I go and order the cheapest thing on the menu and pretend to pick at it, or opt for just a steak with no sauce and some veg. I've got some serious making up to do.

Hey doll wow amazing loss Hun well done hope last night went well sometimes it's difficult with the plan but as long as we get straight back on it xx

A stone is amazing, keep this in mind as week two can be difficult. Hope you enjoyed last night, trying to balance family and food is difficult, I use these occasions instead of food week.

⬆️1kg

Well we all knew this was going to happen the morning after a Chinese. And delightfully it's also that time of the month - so hopefully some of it is bloating etc. I'm not going to lie, I actually woke up thinking I had a good hangover - my tummy feels bigger than it has all week, and its sore. I mistook that for 'oh my god you've stuffed me with Chinese, what do you expect to feel like?' When it's more likely 'aha, I've come to raid your womb'. Uncomfortable, either which way. Don't feel like eating at all right now.

Breakfast
Nil.

Lunch
I had a subway. 6inch turkey and ham on Italian herbs and cheese, with pickles, jalapeños and sweet chilli sauce. Followed it with a small piece of retirement cake - from the middle of the cake so there was less buttercream on it.

tea
Starter sized lasagne and some cheesy garlic bread. Actually feel like I'm going to die. Or explode. Or die of exploding.

Day 8 Verdict:
Absolute write off. Not discouraged, though. Tomorrow's plan is pure Exante. I'm even going to walk to work for the double chocolate bar I've left in my desk drawer at lunchtime. So it'll be 600 calories in and 2 miles walked. I like that plan. On the plus side, no more social occasions until the next 'post voting chinese' after the general election, and that sounds like a good time to aim for. I'll have the odd meal here and there (up to 2 a week) but I will NOT be binging like this again. Weirdly though, I see this as a binge. And I still came in at around 1800 calories. So not a total loss, just a LOT more than I'd have liked.

It is the downside of a VLCD the guilt on what in most diets would be an OK day feels like failure. It may take a few days for your weight to settle especially time of the month, water and the physical weight of the food. Have a good day today.

⬆️0.3

This is very encouraging. I completely agree freefall - I nearly didn't weigh myself today because I thought 'I ate so much more yesterday than I did on post voting Chinese, this is going to be awful'. And it's not. So maybe some of yesterday's gain really is about being on my period and it should work itself out when it's over, like you say.

Again, I feel like I have a food hangover. I feel a bit sicky and it was harder to wake up this morning than it has been for the last week. I feel a bit like I've broken my psychological (unhealthy) relationship/dependence on food, because I'm just relieved I can get back to my diet as opposed to feeling like I want more real food. I struggled with that during the first few days of the diet, so I'm glad that's gone now. Looking forward to a nice, clean exante week ahead of me.

Breakfast
I don't feel like anything yet but it's only 8am. If I don't get hungry, I'm going to skip a meal and start with lunch. We will see how that goes.

Lunch
2.00pm. Cookies and cream bar - first time trying it. Promptly put a box of 16 in my shopping cart for next exante order. That was just FAB.

Tea
So I wasn't that hungry even at 7pm still, but I thought I'd better fight something in me. I could have happily just had a shake, but I thought 'no, it's dinner time. Let's have some food food'. So I picked out an exante macaroni and cheese. Now...the Verdict is still out on this one. I followed the instructions on the webpage - add 150ml of cold water and microwave for two minutes - and the result is odd. Now it doesn't taste bad, even if it doesn't much taste like cheese, but the sauce is the consistency of baby food, yet again, with crunchy not-softened pasta in it. However it was nowhere near as bad as most of the reviews made out and I will be trying it again, but following the instructions of someone who reviewed it who says she makes it with hot water and lets it sit and soak for 5 minutes before microwaving it, to see if that improves it any next time. Not exactly rushing to order more, though I wonder if I should as they're down to £6.50 a box of 7 and there's 45% off ATM which makes them cheap as anything, but I'll give it another go. Maybe if the soaking method improves it I will.

Day 9 Verdict:
Still on the old horse. Did a bit of dancing around the flat with my headphones on, used the stepper machine for ten minutes. Discovered my knee damage is affecting the muscle in the top of my left buttock - what fun. Think it might be wasting slightly from the lack of being able to use my left leg going up stairs, so I'm resigning myself to doing ten minutes on the stepper a day now, no matter how much it hurts my knee. Can't let that muscle waste away just because of excruciating knee pain. Roll on when I go to turkey in august so I can get a good supply of diclofenac. Fingers crossed the boy might be able to get me some when he goes at the end of the month, but he's going to an all inclusive resort so probably won't be going near a pharmacy. I won't hold my breath. Power through the pain til my knee collapses, then. Oh, and the diet was easy today. Hooray.

⬇️1.5kg

Back to where I should be! This is 0.2kg less than I weighed on Thursday, so even with a bit of bloat from Mother Nature I'm back on the path of losing. That feels utterly fantastic and makes not snacking last night SO worth it. I was tempted. I reached a point where I felt hungry last night but I thought no, I'll just wait til morning. I blame the boy to be honest; I wasn't planning on staying up late but we ended up awake til gone 2.30am. So I'll most likely have all three meals today. Also some leg muscles on the bad leg are protesting, but I'm thinking I need to push through that. There must be more muscle wastage than I anticipated yesterday. I'm really glad I'm doing this diet in a way, because I don't think I'd have noticed all this going on with the leg muscles if I hadn't been pushing myself. And right now it's not too late to try and fix it. So that's brilliant.

Breakfast
So somehow I've managed to go without breakfast again. I was hungry when I woke up but grew less so with some water, and I'm having pains from it being that time of the month which had put me off eating a little. Distracted myself with work instead.

Lunch
Cookies and cream shake. This is what I had wanted for tea last night when I made myself eat faux mac and cheese. In all honesty I think I'd prefer the mac and cheese again. I'm sure I read somewhere that this tastes more like playdough than cookie dough and they're not far wrong. Not enjoyable, and certainly wouldn't pick again. Only a few left in the variety pack though so not too bad. I'm sure I'll get to them at some point.

Tea
I was adventurous this afternoon and decided to try and make the half pizza kit half burger mix burger. I ventured out to the shop to buy a white onion - as that's what I was really craving. The pizza base bun worked quite well - none of the sticking problems reviews seem to mention - and the burger was surprising. Obviously not a real one, but better/worse than anticipated/hoped at the same time! Made up the pizza base sauce and the smell knocked me sick so opted for a little drizzle of normal tomato ketchup and 20g grated cheese. figured I could afford it. I did, however, pick up a pack of sandwich thins in the shop in case the bun bit didn't work, so tomorrow night I'm going to have half a sausage mix in one sandwich thin (which is 99cals/20g carbs). Bread is what I'm missing most at the moment so hopefully that will help while also fitting in!

Day 10 Verdict:
Not really any surprise I've managed to get back on track; watch says I burned 3,405 calories yesterday and I only took in about 430 (2 meals and squash). Did my ten minutes on the stepper today again - ouch. Watch says I've burnt 500 extra calories as of 6pm and I've consumed 580 today so fingers crossed for tomorrow's weighing.

Reactions: Les
⬆️0.3

This is very encouraging. I completely agree freefall - I nearly didn't weigh myself today because I thought 'I ate so much more yesterday than I did on post voting Chinese, this is going to be awful'. And it's not. So maybe some of yesterday's gain really is about being on my period and it should work itself out when it's over, like you say.

Again, I feel like I have a food hangover. I feel a bit sicky and it was harder to wake up this morning than it has been for the last week. I feel a bit like I've broken my psychological (unhealthy) relationship/dependence on food, because I'm just relieved I can get back to my diet as opposed to feeling like I want more real food. I struggled with that during the first few days of the diet, so I'm glad that's gone now. Looking forward to a nice, clean exante week ahead of me.

Breakfast
I don't feel like anything yet but it's only 8am. If I don't get hungry, I'm going to skip a meal and start with lunch. We will see how that goes.

Lunch
2.00pm. Cookies and cream bar - first time trying it. Promptly put a box of 16 in my shopping cart for next exante order. That was just FAB.

Tea
So I wasn't that hungry even at 7pm still, but I thought I'd better fight something in me. I could have happily just had a shake, but I thought 'no, it's dinner time. Let's have some food food'. So I picked out an exante macaroni and cheese. Now...the Verdict is still out on this one. I followed the instructions on the webpage - add 150ml of cold water and microwave for two minutes - and the result is odd. Now it doesn't taste bad, even if it doesn't much taste like cheese, but the sauce is the consistency of baby food, yet again, with crunchy not-softened pasta in it. However it was nowhere near as bad as most of the reviews made out and I will be trying it again, but following the instructions of someone who reviewed it who says she makes it with hot water and lets it sit and soak for 5 minutes before microwaving it, to see if that improves it any next time. Not exactly rushing to order more, though I wonder if I should as they're down to £6.50 a box of 7 and there's 45% off ATM which makes them cheap as anything, but I'll give it another go. Maybe if the soaking method improves it I will.

Day 9 Verdict:
Still on the old horse. Did a bit of dancing around the flat with my headphones on, used the stepper machine for ten minutes. Discovered my knee damage is affecting the muscle in the top of my left buttock - what fun. Think it might be wasting slightly from the lack of being able to use my left leg going up stairs, so I'm resigning myself to doing ten minutes on the stepper a day now, no matter how much it hurts my knee. Can't let that muscle waste away just because of excruciating knee pain. Roll on when I go to turkey in august so I can get a good supply of diclofenac. Fingers crossed the boy might be able to get me some when he goes at the end of the month, but he's going to an all inclusive resort so probably won't be going near a pharmacy. I won't hold my breath. Power through the pain til my knee collapses, then. Oh, and the diet was easy today. Hooray.
Hi . I have just started exante today. Thismorning I had the Apple and cinnamon porridge. I found it nice and toast. For lunch I had the Indian Dahl which was also good. For my evening meal I had spiralised butternut squash and we cottage pie. I am following the 28 day challenge plan which consists of an evening meal.

Back