Redmel is Calorie Counting!

Thx guys.... I had an extra great day because my sister gave birth to her baby girl this morning too :D

Weigh-in in the morning!! If I get a sts I will be happy with that.

I can't wait to try out my new hand blender tommorow on some soup for lunch time, yipee x

Morning...

Lost 0.5lb so pretty ok with that.

Really need to get on board with this properly this week.

Congrats to your sister! And well done on the loss! :D

Hi !!! Just wanted to wish you luck !! I'm a yoyo dieter, who is trying to be good again ( fell off in the Summer, and regained nearly 2 stone.... Yikes !!!) Also, a cat lover, we have two little terrors !!! Hehe !!

I'm hoping to get rid off a stone before Christmas, which means tightening the belt ( I wish I could ! ) and being good, good, good !!! I've also recently given up the odd drink I used to indulge in and also caffeine ..... I am a glutton for punishment !!!

Diva x

Hi Diva.

That is a challenge but then it all fits together, so get drinking that water and fingers crossed for a big load of motivation to keep it up till christmas x

Stayed under cals yesterday and managed 10 glasses of water (2.5l) I really really struggle with drinking water, but am aiming to get my 2l in a day.

I had a gorgeous steak with salad last night and tonight I have a big chicken steak burger planned which will come in a 400cals so must pick up some more salad, everyone else can have chips!

I am here.

I was actually going to avoid coming on here today seeing as I have been dreadful today, eaten junk like theres no tomorrow and have gone 435 calories over my allowance! I am disgusted with myself.

I have just got the little ones off to bed and am contemplating dragging my fatass downstairs to do some exercise of some sort!! Dh has the PS3 on so I cant do a dvd, it is pitch black out so he wouldn't like me to go off running/jogging on my own....so I am feeling a bit stumped really!

I know that if I lie here too much longer I will fall asleep lol x

Will report back if I actually get something done :)

Redmel you're doing great and 400 odd calories is nothing in the grand scheme of things. I know if I'd been eating junk before cc I would have easily consumed a couple of thousand cals without blinking! A family sized bag of crisps & or a big bag of sweets so I think you've done really well to stop at that much over your cals.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Totally agree! Don't beat yourself up about it! It's 400 cals. Get back on track and it won't make much difference at all!

Think about it, you need 3500 cals to gain a lb! Nowhere near! So yeah you went off plan a bit, thats life! Draw a wee line... do some exercise if you feel the need... and move on :)

Stress is known to hamper weight loss (it releases cortisol which hampers insulin function!!) so just try not to get too upset about it xx

Thanks guys...

I didn't know that stress resulted in slower weightloss, that is probably why I am struggling to lose! It is also why I keep having the odd binge :(

Unfortunately we are really struggling financially and it is really stressing me out and making me feel a bit ill if i'm totally honest:cry: We need to try and get on top of things and then hopefully this weight struggle will be easier to deal with too.

I didn't manage to get any exercise done yesterday, as when I went down dh had made me a cuppa and we watched some tv instead lol... I had planned to do some today, but dd (the youngest) had me up and down like a yoyo between 1-3am and then at 4.30am ds2 was throwing up so I ended up downstairs with him then I sent him back to bed once his temp had come down and he stopped being sick, and the little two were just waking by then anyway (6.30am) So all I am planning this afternoon is a sleep:eek:

I am trialling a challenge that involves making the main meals for the whole week in one go...so yesterday I cooked up 7 family meals, so meals will be

T - Beef casserole and mash.
F - Chilli and rice.
S - Beef casserole with chunky chips.
S - Spaghetti Bolognese.
M - Chicken curry and rice.
T - Chilli and wedges.

I will update the calories for each meal once I have worked it out.

Ah poo bums. Have failed miserably over the last couple of days....it started with my mum 'treating' me to a pub lunch...and spiralled from there really! :(

I will give a good go at pulling myself together tomorrow. Back on the water and making sure I have a proper breakfast xx

Draw a line under it and just work at getting back on track! Hope you enjoyed all the yummy food you musta had at least!

Do you know what Bostik, I didn't!! I actually ended up with an upset stomach and chronic heartburn:( Back on track today and feeling positive x

I actually am pleased when that ends up happening to me! It puts me off doing it again!

Thought I would pop in and say Hi!
I have been doing SW the past 6ish weeks (went to class the first 4 - done the others at home by myself as finances are bad atm, so I am with you on that front)
Anyway...ain't had a great loss with SW as you can see from stats, about 7lb, so I thought I would give CC a go, with the help of MFP, which I have dusted off to start using again as from tomorrow; I need a little help with portion control me thinks, which SW don't give me!!
I wish you lots of luck and I hope you don't mind me popping in from time to time to see how you are doing. x

Hi KrazyKazi
Pop by as often as you like, add me on myfitnesspal too - redmel1621:)
I wish you all the best on calorie counting xx

Now...I managed to sts AGAIN? I am not sure how I haven't gained at least a stone in the last couple of weeks, but I haven't! so I am immensely pleased about that.
I feel good and really positive for the week ahead, my plan later is to organise a shopping list for tomorrow...tricky because I have ds2's birthday on friday so some of my food budget will have to go on 'birthday food' for his sleepover!

I have decided to start walking....I will have to ease myself into this as I am pretty unfit, but I have mapped out a couple of route on walkjogrun and tried one out today :) It was fab. I have got an android phone so can't use the app, so instead I will be using jogtracker app and logging my walks on there.

My walk today was about 26mins and burnt 131 cals.

Off to greet hubby with a cuppa as he is due back from an exam any minute xxx

Well done on the STS. I, like you have eaten terribly recently, but unlike you have managed a well deserved gain!!!
Your plans sound fab, and I have no doubt you will kick ass when you get back in the swing of things.
Hope hubsters exam went well??? :)

I am still logging everything but not in the right frame of mind at all this week.... I am skint, tired, stressed and have teething and poorly children...all of the above is sending me to the junk food!!!!! I also have son's birthday on friday so I will just carry on 'doing my best' until monday and then get strict with myself x

Aww hun. Hope it gets less stressful!

Back