Red's food diary - advice very gratefully received

Ok so last night I was out and didn't do my diary. I went off plan as I knew I would be doing as we went out for a meal and drinks (lots of drinks). Erm, I will probably regret it at weigh in but it really isn't a common occurrence going out like this and I had a great night so I'm going to try and not dwell on it and beat myself up. So this is Saturday:

January 29th – Easy Extra
No kids! Got up late had brunch
Brunch: 2 ww sausages (not sure 1 syn? Some say free) 2 lean bacon medallions, baked beans, egg, large portion mushrooms, onion, tomatoes and garlic. 2 slice WW brown Danish (HexB) and laughing cow (HexA)
T- Went out for a meal and drinks as planned and went entirely off plan. It was good though ;)
Syns: Far too many

Now this morning I woke up with a bit of a hangover, normally I would eat crap to counteract it. However, I had planned to go off plan last night and last night only and that's what I did. I was at sister in laws house for breafast and lunch so only had what I'd been able to bring (quick and convenient) and then tea at the inlaws picking up the children. I went to Sainsbury's and bought a large prepared salad bowl chucked out the dressing and parmesan shavings, bought a ready to cook pouch of wholegrain brown rice (no flavouring) and a packet of Quorn Tikka pieces, which are free - I checked on here on my phone! Some ready prepared fruit and mixed it. So this is today, after last night I'll have to be very careful this week but at the same time I don't want to make too big a deal of it. It was planned and I didn't follow it up by continuing off plan and I'm pleased about that:

January 30th – Easy Extra
B – banana, apple
L – Thai mugshot (1/2 syns) banana, Activia fat free yoghurt
T – large bowl of salad and tomatoes, quorn tikka pieces, brown rice, fresh pineapple and pomegranate
Snacks – Options drink (2syns), Alpen light bar (HexB)
Syns: 2 and 1/2
I have a question actually. I kept my syns pretty low last week - always under 10 sometimes under 5 or around 5-6. I knew I was going out and I knew it would be a syn-o-rama and I wanted to enjoy it. Now my question is do I continue to do very low sysns to compensate this week (like under 5) or stay around 5-7 until next weigh in?

What would you do? What do you think I should do? :)

I reckon staying at around 5-7 syns would be absolutely fine. You're really good with your syns, anyway! No doubt you'll have some days when you have hardly any at all, so it should all even out :)

Just keep that one day as a flexi syn day. Dont beat urself up about it or punish urself and have less syns! I have sometimes even found the weeks i have flexi syn days i end up losing more!! I dont get the logic in it but it worked!!
Also we had one lady at group who was having really slow losses, turned out she wasnt synning enough, she upped her syns and the weight came flying off!!!
Just mark it off in yr head and keep going right on plan!!
Ur doing amazingly well and should be very proud!!
Xxxx

Both children are ill today and so that meant the little one especially wanted cuddles most of the day. Not a lot of time for cooking so I won't be doing what I wanted to with the turkey. Not to worry. I think they will most likely be off tomorrow. I have a new person to tutor this week so I have lots to plan.

This is today:

January 31st – Easy Extra
B – Black coffee - mushroom, onion, tomato and bacon omelette with more mushrooms and tomato on the side (used 2 lean bacon medallions) and beans (S) used 1 laughing cow triangle (HexA)
L – Butternut squash and lentil (S) soup (was only a small amount left so had quorn and veggie chilli small bowl too – banana
T – Turkey (SS) with Cajun seasoning with baked sweet potato and a Laughing cow triangle (HexA) cabbage, leek and broccoli - strawberries, pineapple and mango with mint leaves
S – 3 wholewheat cracker bread (half HexB) with laughing cow(HexA) and tomato on - Mullerlight,
Syns: 0
Need to get more fruit snacks in tomorrow I think. I had a sudden hungry attack and fruit wasn't going to do it - hence the crackerbreads and tomato.

Last edited:
Mmmm. I love fresh mint with my mango.

Hope your little ones feel better soon! Xx

hi hope the kids are better soon nothing worse than when they are sick you feel so helpless :(

glad you had a good weekend :)

Thanks Nicola I see you had a good time too. You were better behaved than me though. ;)

Hope you got your shopping in Silvermane - on apple is truly desperate stakes.

Thanks funcurls (well balanced apart from Saturday night's splurge ;) )

Little Sausage - I totally love mint with fruit (it's great with pineapple too) like a natural sugar.

I think I may try a green day today. Not written anything out yet so will post the food later. Other half is away tonight until very late tomorrow and the kids are still off and sick. Had both of them in bed with me last night and didn't have my Options drink yesterday as the older one came down wanting cuddles so I just went up to bed with him. So yesterday was zero syns.

Is it still a third superfree on green. Probably best to stick to that regardless though hey? After all theyare superfree for a reason :)

This is today I think. Haven't had the snacks yet or tea (obviously!)

February 1st – Green
B – Black coffee, banana, strawberries, pineapple and mint leaves.

L – Sweet potato, carrot and lentil soup, 3 wholegrain crackerbreads (half one HexB) with laughing cow(HexA), tomato and watercress, apple

T – Spicy Quorn sausage and bean casserole, with lots of veg in it – served with bulgar wheat and a salad. Banana, WW yoghurt.

Snacks: Options drink (2syns) Alpen light bar (HexB)

Syns: 2
Options drink

HexB: wholewheat crackerbreads
Alpen Light bars

HexA: Laughing cow (only had 1 trangle so far)

Last edited:
I didnt make it to the shops yet lol My car 'Perry' died and we had to take my OH's car 'hercules' to get new jump leads, so we could jump him. Its my fault cos I been driving hercules for 9 weeks and kinda forgot all about perry. Hercules is a 4x4 freelander tho and great for seeing the boys, and the weather hasnt been very good for my car which is a cabriolet. so his battery died. By the time we finished messing around and I ran him up the motorway to give his battery a good charge we ended up taking the whole family out for tea, including my sin who was bringing over his new gf for tea, which I hadnt even had time to prepare lol

So not the best days today, but i made good choices ish when we went out.

BM have you tried ebay, because I found it on there!

I havent tried ebay, I don't tend to order things off there to be honest, as Canada is quite funny about stuff coming in from other countries, especially food items.

I will wait and try wholefoods next time I am in the US, if anywhere has it, they will.

I'm going to look for the pearl millet at the weekend, so I'll let you know.

Silvermane, I just love your cars' names (I'm laughing) espescially at Hercules for a 4x4. I have a habit of naming objects too. ;)

This is today. Kids still ill so didn't have much time to make anything for tea, hence te quorn fillet. Despite it being a green day I'm still doing the third superfree thing. In fact the salad was more like half the plate:

February 2nd – Green
B – Black coffee, an apple and some fresh pineapple.

L – Some leftover casserole (just veggies and lentils) and small portion bulgar wheat.

T – Small bowl of soup (see below) while waiting for tea to be ready – to stop myself eating anything else.
Quorn peppered steak, boiled baby potatoes with mint leaves, mushy peas, salad (spinach watercress, rocket, spring onion, tomato), Mullerlight

Snack - - Cup of curried cauliflower soup (has about 8+ potions in it (have frozen some) and 1 tin butterbeans for whole thing so mostly superfree – broccoli stems, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, onion) , 3 wholewheat Crackerbread (half HexB) with Laughing cow and young spinach leaves piled on top. Options drink (2syns) Alpen Light bars (HexB)

Syns: 2 (Options drink)

HexB: crackerbread (wholewheat) and Alpen bars

HexA: Laughing cow - I have to work on this one as I only had 2 triangles

So must work on HexA and will increase syns again after weighing tomorrow - not looking forward to that :(

Back