Red's Hearty Diary

Or, perhaps get a harness type thing, and strap the little one onto your shoulders! (Just think of the extra calories you'll be burning!!).

:D

Lol, I have such an image! I would call the paramedics now!

Just realised who Auntie Flo is (DUH!) and here was I thinking that RH had unwelcome visitors... (well I suppose she has!!).

As for fitting the walking thing in, I started by putting my alarm clock half an hour earlier... and then an hour! With Dukan, I find I sleep less anyway, and the 5-7km power walk to work sets me up brilliantly for the day (and I'm not awake enough to talk myself out of it!) ;)

:D. No Flo is not an elderly auntie! Lol

Tbh I am usually very good with my walks. On school days the boys leave home at 7.50am so I would go for my walk at 8am 8.15am ish. The weekends are harder as we don't have a set routine so I go at varying times. Now it's the school holidays, again no set routine so the time varies but fear not, I am still walking for at least 2 miles every day.

Had a headache all day (stress not Dukan related) :( and really don't feel like eating but I am trying my best as it's a PV day and I don't want to mess up my diet.

Chicken curry tonight xx

Hi,
Had a tough week, not tough diet wise, just life wise. :(
Hardly eaten as I've no appetite, so no energy and no walks.
Managing Dukan porridge every day but not a lot else.
Ah well, at least I'm keeping up with the oat bran...

I hear you. I have had a bit of trauma this week too which very nearly made me fall seriously off the wagon. Purely that the thing that stressed me, I refused to let it make me feel even worse by attacking the cookies, and not give them the satisfaction.

Hope you feel better soon and the life wise situation gets better.:gen126:

oh dear - both of you. and how infuriating when life gets in the way of our weight loss plans.

Take care... and remember to eat!

Hope things sort themselves out soon for you both :D

Thanks Poppy and Maintainer.
Unfortunately the stress is going to be with me for quite a few months. I have eaten today, porridge, yoghurt and some tandoori chicken breasts but I'm afraid it just went straight through me. :eek:. I am feeling a bit more human so shall try to eat little and often until my tummy gets used to food again.
When I'm stressed I either comfort eat or stop eating altogether. Luckily (?) it was the latter so I've not done any damage to my diet but I have to my wellbeing.
I must eat as there is no way I can be ill at the moment.
Sorry to be so vague, but I am aware this is in the public domain but I am happy to explain in a PM if wanted.
Poppy hope your situation improves too.
Take care.
Red :heartpump: xx

It is important to eat and some bio yoghurt will hopefully start to make your stomach feel a bit happier. I have to say I am a similar way either eat cr*p or not eat at all and most stress goes to my stomach.

Hope things improve soon.

Thanks. Have replied to your PM. xx

Weekly weigh in this morning.
4.4lbs off.
I'm not celebrating yet though, because I've not eaten much this week and think I may well gain some back when I eat properly again.
Have a good day!

Red - I sure hope things are getting better. I am proud of your loss even if you do gain a few back. I understand not eating or cleaning out the kitchen in times of stress. It is so hard to deal with. I say - give yourself credit and love you NO MATTER WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON. I have found that despite the rest of the world, I have to love me. That is often a HUGE chore because of the way we (women in particular) are raised in this world. We somehow think it selfish. But damn it Red you are worth it and NEVER forget that. Take that loss and run with it and extract all the joy you can from it! Try and turn it around in your already jammed packed brain and push the negative aside and allow yourself to ENJOY your lost weight. Push hard against that negative energy. So what if you gain some back? Well, that remains to be seen. It is not an excuse to beat yourself up over it if it happens. You are a careful eater that always does the best you can. That is all you can ask of yourself and all the world deserves! You are perfect just as you are. Period. You may CHOOSE to slim down at your own prerogative, whatever that may be, but choose simply to allow yourself time to heal and become who you want to be INSIDE and OUT - if that takes longer - so be it.
I do not know what and do not presume to know your position - but I do know this - YOU DESERVE TO LOVE YOURSELF AND ENJOY YOUR JOURNEY HERE ON EARTH, THE PEAKS AND THE VALLEYS; Do not let anyone tell you or rob you otherwise! Hugs, Light and Love - Didi XOXO

Hope you're feelng a bit better today RH. My totm is approaching as well as my boobs are getting so darn sore and my monthly migraine's kicking in... I fyou ladies are looking for extra weight to carry with you on your walks, how about a lead belt? You can borrow mine :)

RH - just checking in to see how you are. Prayers for you always! Didi XO

Hi Everyone,
Thank you for your kind posts. Sorry I went AWOL but it's been a stressful week.

Had my weigh in and I lost just 0.6lbs.
I am surprised it is such a small loss as I've not eaten much at all. I think I've probably not eaten enough tbh. I've also not drunk much water or gone for my daily walk. I have been having my oatbran though! I should think my body has gone into starvation mode but I am hoping to get back to drinking the water today and will try to do my walks again from tomorrow as my energy level today is nil!

I'll try to explain as quickly as I can what's been happening.

EDITED: removed personal details - sorry!

As I had no time to prepare, I had to eat whatever was available at service stations and the hospital canteen! Family all had a KFC for lunch on the way up. There was a McDonalds next to it so I had a grilled chicken salad, no dressing. Not a lot of chicken so was more 3/4 salad and 1/4 protein but it was the ONLY option at the service station that I could eat! :eek: It said 115 cals so that tells you how little chicken there was. Grabbed another salad that evening from a Spar shop - processed "turkey" slices with salad. Had about 1tbsp coleslaw with it which I know is not Dukan but I was hungry. Family had fish and chips. :( I really fancied some chips but resisted and believe me I could so easily have eaten them but knew it would be a slippery slope.
Had boiled eggs for brekkie and got a couple of hard boiled eggs to take with me to snack on at the hospital (ate way too many eggs but it was the easiest/only option as I had no time to plan). Had a egg and ham salad at the hospital, again a little coleslaw but I left the sweetcorn that was in the salad. This should have been a PP day but needs must. They also sold a mini Mullerlight in vanilla. You'd have thought I'd found the Holy Grail when I saw it!!! :eek: I drank diet Pepsi over these couple of days. I steered cleared of 2 litres of water as was worried I'd have to keep nipping to the toilet. When we got home as it was so late I didn't want much so had a bowl of porridge - how I'd missed my oatbran!

Still not very hungry but I am forcing myself to eat. I just hope I've not messed up my metabolism too much as I was doing so well on the Dukan Diet. :cry:

Oh and before I forget, finally someone has noticed my weight loss! The very first person to say "you've lost weight" was my wonderful Dad. Bless him. I told you he was wonderful! :)

Thank you.

PS Sorry, this was meant to be a quick post but I appear to have waffled on again! :eek:

Last edited:
Sending very best wishes to your dad for a speedy recovery! Xx

Just wanted to say a very big 'well done' for staying as on plan as you have! You are in an incredibly stressful situation and it would be very easy to grab everything to hand. Make sure you take care of yourself, you'll need lots of energy!

Thinking of you both xx

If you have 20 mins today, could you make up a couple batches of oatbran muffins? Easy to carry and snack on, I know you aren't hungry, but try and eat today, you are doing so well, as proved by your lovely dad noticing xx

I am glad he is on the mend and you did fantastically well to stay even remotely on track during all that. You are right, I think you are in starvation mode and that is why you are not loosing any weight. Need to up the protein and I am sure it will keep coming off.

Sending you all my best get well vibes:)

Hi red heart, sorry I haven't commented on here in a while I haven't been on here in ages. How are you doing? How s your dad? Hope you are ok xxx

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, Red Heart, but I'm very glad that he got through his op okay. The op can make a big difference - he'll especially notice it if he was experiencing any fluid build-up on his lungs beforehand. Hope he's back home with you soon.

xx

Back