Red's Hearty Diary

My thoughts are with you, I cannot even imagine how stressful things are for you at the moment. You are doing so well to even be able to keep to the diet and sts let alone loose weight, well done. I hope you get some good news soon and that things pick up quickly for your family.

You're right of course RH, and I often wish my Mum had seen me slim...

Sorry if my post has brought back bad memories for any of you. :eek:
:grouphugg:

Sorry if my post has brought back bad memories for any of you. :eek:
:grouphugg:

No, not at all I have far more happier memories - what u r going through puts things into perspective. It certainly did for me, trivial things just doesnt matter anymore. Remember to look after yourself RH x

RH, sorry to read about your relatives' illnesses in your post. You surely are an inspiration; to be staying strong on Dukan and losing weight with all that going on. I think it's lovely that your dad is a reason to spur you on. Take care and hopefully the two daddies will be on the mend soon. :)Xx

I've spoken to a nurse at the hospital and they said my Dad has "finally turned the corner!" :clap:
He may get moved out of High Dependency today.
:bliss:

That really is wonderful news, really happy for you :)

Oh I am pleased, RH... what a relief for you all :D

Yay! That's great news RH, I'm so happy for you and your family x

Hi All,
Thanks once again for your posts.
Dad is doing well now. Saw him at the weekend and he looks much better. He admitted to me he thought he was going to die the other week which was why he wanted to see my boys. I told him I knew that and I thought it too. Anyway, he has his fight back and is out of High Dependency at last! :)

Had my weigh in at the weekend and lost 1.4lbs. Was a little disappointed tbh as I had kept to plan. However, I know my water intake is not enough and I've not done any exercise for 5 weeks so I am sure this has caused my loss to slow. I just have not had the energy to do anything what with everything else going on but I hope to start with my walks again soon as I really enjoyed them.
Although disappointed with my loss, I have now lost 2 stone and have finally seen the 9 stone on the scales! Yay! That must be the first time in 5 years - okay I weigh 9 stone 13.6lbs but it is still under 10 stone! Just! :D

Hope the rest of you are keeping well.

TTFN
Red :heartpump: xx

Well done! If you look at your losses over the past 11 weeks, you've never stalled, so I'd say that's pretty good going! :D

Thanks Maintainer! :)
I think it's because I've been aiming for 2lbs a week to stay on track for my goal date but in light of everything, a loss is still a loss and I'm sure it will all even out in the end.
As you say, I have lost every week which I am proud of. :eek:

So happy to hear about your dad! And don't worry about your weightloss, just keep in mind, every lb you lose, is one lb of flab less! Well done on getting under 10st, I wish I could say the same but hopefully will get there myself too x

I am so pleased for you on both counts. :) Well done and great news.

thats brilliant news for you and your dad. What a worry and you have continued to work hard at Dukan. I take my hat off to you RH because I'm sure I would not have been as strong as you :)

Back