Resisting 6 dozen cookies

BritMumInCanada

Gold Member
I went to a cookie exchange evening last night. The idea is, each person going cooks a dozen cookies for each person attending. There was six of us, so we all baked 6 dozen cookies, you take them along and then exchange so you come away with 6 dozen of different cookies which you can then give as gifts for christmas.

Omg some of those cookies looked yummy so I treated myself to 2 and have managed to resist the rest. The trouble being as we live in Canada all our family are in the UK, so I think they will be going to the neighbours and other friends lol.

It was a great night to get together with the girls though. :D

Well done for resisting the rest. Would they freeze?

x

Sorry but my inital thought was, OMG why don't we do that here it sounds brill.

Then remembered you've done extremley well to resist; not sure how well I'd do or if I'd even give them as pressies :rolleyes:

I thought the same as you HH - I thought the cookie exchange sounded like an excellent idea and then remembered why it wouldn't be for me. I have no willpower...I would certainly have overindulged!!!

Never heard of a cookie exchange before, is it a Canadian thing??? Well done you though, thats willpower for you!!!

They have all gone now, gave them away to friends and neighbours. My willpower is good at the moment, but not THAT good to resist if they stayed in the house any longer.

I think it probably is an American/Canadian thing. It was a fun night though with the girls.

Well done for giving them away! I was going to organise one myself but then thought 'why do I need dozens of cookies??' so didn't bother, lol. I used to live in the States and got the idea from then. You've got great willpower! I bet you feel fantastic for resisting them!!

Back