Restarter, story so far...

Hey guys and gals

Some people may or may not remember me doing LT some time last year and I made some pretty significant losses (just shy of 40lbs) and refed successfully and was eating pretty much what I wanted without worrying about my weight going up....right up until I got round to doing my 3rd year uni project where the general stress/frustration along the way took its toll (I have a tendency to overeat when stuck doing something I want shot off)

Anyway, I restarted Lipotrim on the 15th of August with the aim of getting down to 95kg by the pharmacy scales.

So far my weigh ins have been

Week 0 - 115.3kg
Week 1 - 109.3kg
Week 2 - 105kg
Week 3 - 104kg
Week 4 - 101.8kg
Week 5 - 100kg

All weigh ins were done wearing the same outfit which I've worked out as weighing about 2.5kg (heavy jeans and boots) to reduce variance.

Bar the light headedness at the start I have found doing Lipotrim kinda easy except for now, I can't stand any of the flavours except for vanilla but after 5 weeks as you can imagine it gets a little trying.

However one thing that has shocked me is how quickly time has flown since I started and how greatly my BMI has changed from 36 to 31 (approximately).

With an increase in contracted hours at work I intend on taking on a gym membership so that once I finish Lipotrim
(hopefully at 95kg clothed) I can work on getting myself down to 82kg clothed.

The biggest benefit to me doing this diet is infact that it will allow me to do more high impact exercise like running without absolutely knackering my shins/knee joints, hopefully come the new year I'll be right in the healthy BMI zone.

Hello, welcome, and well done on this time and last time!!

Sounds like you're going great guns and with some very specific, clear goals. Good luck!

Welcome back Doorbundle!

You're doing so well. Over 15kg in 5 weeks is fantastic. You seemed pretty clued up and know exactly what you want. So stay strong and focused and you'll be at your goal in no time at all.

Something I've noticed over the last week so far, it seems that as I have been drinking roughly 3L of still water per day and have slowly worked up to that amount across the time that I'm awake I've found that its harder for me to take in more than 4-5 mouthfuls of water at a time.

In the mornings I normally have two shakes, then one shake when I get back in.

I have my first two shakes at around 0700hrs on work days and these leave me feeling absolutely stuffed until around 1000hrs where I feel I can comfortable start drinking my water, even so it takes very little for me to feel full again.

I have discussed this with the pharmacist explaining that seeing as the stomach is a muscular sac I reckon that my internal capacity for solids/fluids has been decreasing over time. The pharmacist confirmed this saying that come refeed I might find that I can't eat as much as I previously could without feeling ill but it would in effect be similar to the bloated feeling you get when you _know_ you've eaten too much junk.

Has anyone else noticed a similar thing?

Cant really add much as am only starting tomorrow but I like the idea of not being able to eat as much - hopefully like a phantom gastric band. I live in hope that my stomach will shrink without medical intervention.

Vanda

You sound very determined and amazing weight loss so far.. All the best :) x

Hey, welcome back! You sound very focussed and want you want out of LT! you did great before and you will again. Best of luck for weigh in xx

Right, so I've had my week 6 weigh in and came in at 97.35kg.

Was a little concerned how the scales were dancing around a little though so used my home scales and they gave me 98.6kg...so lets call it an average of 98kg.

Overall I'm still happy as the weight is still coming off progressively and maybe if I throw in a few more sessions on the exercise bike I'll be able to shift these last 5-6lbs to reach my lipotrim phase goal of 95kg

I'm somewhat anticipating refeed now, while I'm not desperate for junk food or anything I can't say I wouldn't kill for some tuna or grilled chicken :p

Hey welcome back you seem to be very focused fair play to you great weight loss so far.

Isn't it strange how we crave healthy food? If I crave at all (very rarely) it's steamed fish and veg. I get the bloated, full up feeling after I drunk a shake. I feel as if I've eaten a big meal! Could our stomachs have shrunk already?

Great losses Doorbundle. You'll be at goal really soon and if I was you I would start to research refeeding.

So, got weighed today, 96.5kg. Saw a different person at the pharmacy and I explained about the scales dancing the week before so we looked over my previous week from that and saw that over 2 weeks I lost 10lbs.

Overall I have lost 18.8kg or 41.4lbs just shy of 3 stone in my 7 weeks on LT and I've been advised that considering my loss the very first time round (this would have been my third go at lipotrim, first time was in 2006, second roughly this time last year) was 22lbs in 4 weeks that I should come off lipotrim now and start refeeding while just getting myself into the gym 3-4 times a week, the pharmacist believes that shift 28lbs between now and the new year should be relatively easy if I work at it. If I manage to do that then my weight would drop to 84kg which would put me just outside my healthy BMI range.

As such I've managed to have my first hot meal of the day today not to mention the first cappucino in ages as I've avoided black tea and coffee and leaf teas as I don't like the taste.

I'm going to go back to my pharmacy in 2 weeks now whilst following the refeed to see if I gain or lose anything, with any luck as I intend on sticking to a diet of 'rough' wholesome food and cutting out junk and fizzies entirely so my calorie intake is around 1800 a day I will perhaps get down to 95kg by the pharmacy scales.

Back