rewards?

nettie

Gold Member
Hi ladies,
I just wondered if/how you reward or treat yourselves when achieving weight losses?
I have a money box, one of those you cant get in without using a tin opener, and it says on the top 1lb lost is £1 gained and for every lb I lose I put the equivelant to that in money in, that will then be used to buy new clothes when the time comes... can't wait for it to start filling up :D

I do the same but save £5 for every pound lost (I don't go to group so save money there). I'm going to buy a new wardrobe when I hit target. Can't wait!

Might do something like that myself!
Was only panicking yesterday about how i'll afford a new wardrobe once I hit target!
Awesome!

I don't go to group due to having to pay £5 or whatever it is these days and I know I would spend extra on magazines, books, hifi bars etc which would soon add up. I think it's quite unlikely that I will ever lose more than 5lb in a week so I'm not gonna save a fortune but its something to look forward to when my tin starts to get heavier and I get lighter

I do the same but save £5 for every pound lost (I don't go to group so save money there). I'm going to buy a new wardrobe when I hit target. Can't wait!

crikey... bet you have saved loads doing that. Here's to shopping and new wardrobes :D

Oooo like this idea, especially the 'buying new clothes' bit!

I love shopping soooo much, probably too much in all honesty and can't wait to buy clothes out of the section for everyone and not just plus size! :D

When I reach my first target I'm going to have a trendy new do. My hair is an utter SHOCK at the minute and I know it sounds weird but I don't want to spend money on myself until I've achieved it.

I'm thinking I want a fringe......Never had one since I was 16 and I'm 38 now....twill be strange...:queen:check it out!!!

Fiddlesticks.....I really wish I'd thought of putting £5 away every time I lost a pound in weight......I would have £140 to spend on new clothes by now. Would be quite handy as I have virtually no clothes that fit me now as they're all too big!!! Not complaining tho, will just have to work more hours to buy a new wardrobe!!! Or DH did say he would give me £500 once I got to target, but he's just bought us new road bikes & hasn't got any money left!!!

I put all my Christmas and birthday money in a pot a long with a 5er here and there. Opened it up today see if I had enough for a rugby shirt and have over £350 can't wait to get to Target now so I can have clothes which actually fit.

I put £5 away for every pound lost - so every half a stone I buy myself a charm for my Links of London bracelet - think I'll get a cupcake one next time to remind me to stop scoffing :D

I was thinking of something along the lines of saving money /buying a charm; OH had said that he will buy a charm for every 1/2st off (my weight loss is slow) but has he says I now have to decide on what to go for as I have a slight charm obsession! Links of London or Thomas Sabo? Eek.
As my weight loss has been slow I am giving myself mini rewards for losses; it's turning out to be a new nail varnish for each loss :-s again, somewhat of an obsession.

Well done everyone on all your losses and let's keep getting those rewards! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

These ideas sound great. Just one problem at the moment, I'm on maternity leave and any money I have I'm using on class and Zumba. Maybe I can catch up when I go back to work in October?
Saying that I don't think I'd go mad with a new wardrobe as I'd like to get pregnant again, not for a while as I want to shift the weight first.
Maybe I can make a piggy bank with IOUs

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have kept a tally of everything I have spent going to group, so when I don't feel motivated, I look at what I have already spent - and that spur's me on.
I also like the idea of saving towards new clothes, at the moment I won't even go and look at anything, so hopefully when I do i can buy a size smaller

Not sure if I'm allowed to answer, as not being a lady (few men here you know) But every £ I lose I put £5 in the photo Jar. I HATE all the photos of me but when I get to target I want to get a family portrait done of me, my better half and the 3 kids..

Not sure if I'm allowed to answer, as not being a lady (few men here you know) But every £ I lose I put £5 in the photo Jar. I HATE all the photos of me but when I get to target I want to get a family portrait done of me, my better half and the 3 kids..

Course you're allowed to answer...male or female we all have relatively the same issues with the odd minor tweak but what it boils down to is liking/not liking how you look and feeling good about yourself ;)

When I reach my first target I'm going to have a trendy new do. My hair is an utter SHOCK at the minute and I know it sounds weird but I don't want to spend money on myself until I've achieved it.

I'm thinking I want a fringe......Never had one since I was 16 and I'm 38 now....twill be strange...:queen:check it out!!!

swit swoo! I'm sure you'll look great! I usually buy a new item of clothing every week.... shopping addict! I'm not even interested in buying new clothes at the moment.... moved onto bags and shoes lol

Back