Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Spookess, 10 March 2014.

1. Spookess

Spookess Well-Known Member

So I am starting again, and knowing me, I need some incentive to stick to it this time so I was thinking about a reward for each half stone lost, something not overly expensive.
    Any ideas?
    I've tried the charm bracelet thing where you buy a new charm for each half stone lost, but working on a computer all day means it was tapping on the desk all the time sending my colleagues nutso! :-D.

Does anyone else do anything like this where they reward themselves at certain milestones?

I know, losing weight should be reward enough, but if I can't see the loss I want something else to show I'm doing a good job. :)
  2. Violet Shrinks

Violet Shrinks Well-Known Member

I'm putting £1 in a jar for every day on track, and another for every 1lb lost. By the time I get to goal (hopefully by the end of this year) I should have £400 ish to spend, guilt free, on new clothes and a fab haircut etc etc. It is quite a lot to put aside each week (especially if I stay on track and have a good loss), but getting to goal will be a big achievement so deserving of a substantial reward! In terms of interim targets, I put stickers on a chart in the book I use as a food diary, but haven't planned any actual rewards.
  3. Spookess

Like the sound of guilt free shopping :-D. Don't know about £1 for every day on track AND for every lb lost though. Sounds costly to me seeing as I plan on being on track every day. Reckon I will be better off with, say, £2 for every lb lost instead of both?

Maybe I could switch the idea around...... £5 in for every lb GAINED. Hmmm that could be another kind of incentive to make sure I stick at it! :-/
  4. josephsmummy

josephsmummy Well-Known Member

What about buying yourself a little something for every half stone, like a scarf or pair of shoes then you can still use them when you've lost the weight and look at clothes as you get lower.
    My husband lost 7 stone and he used to buy a new shirt but buy it a size too small to help motivate himself.

Sent from my C6603 using mobile app
  5. Berryred

Berryred Well-Known Member

no think positive!

I have treated myself to some new ankle boots! But I am not allowed to wear them until I get my 1st 7lb which is also my 10%! Hoping for this week lol!
  6. GlamUp

GlamUp Well-Known Member

Fab idea!
  7. Violet Shrinks

Violet Shrinks Well-Known Member

Thanks! Yes, it is costly - up to £10 per week assuming 7 days on track and a 3lb loss as a best case scenario. I can do it because I've given up wine for the duration - I used to spend at least £15 a week on wine (sometimes more), so I'm only actually putting aside part of the money I'm saving by being on plan.
  8. Hippopotamum

Hippopotamum Well-Known Member

Maybe you could try lots of little rewards, and make your goals smaller, eg, get into the next stone down with a reward of a new nail polish, then your half stone award, with a new book as a reward, then 5%, 10%, drop in BMI, etc, etc.

Choose rewards you really want, and have bigger rewards for more 'important' targets, so maybe a new haircut, perfume, a spa day or new top for your 10%, but smaller (cheaper) rewards, like a paperback book, new bubble bath, a lipstick, manicure or having something waxed (!) for the rest.

I've seen people say that they count pebbles into a jar, you fill a jar with as many pebbles as you have pounds to lose, then every pound you lose you move one over to another jar, labelled, 'Pounds lost', (with a ribbon around it, etc, to make it pretty, lol). I have far too many pounds to lose to do this, I'd need a very big jar, lol! :)

Maybe still do the £1 for 1lb thing alongside it, or maybe you could reward yourself with a break/holiday when you reach target, somewhere you've really liked the look of, but didn't feel comfortable going before, that could be a great incentive to reach your goal. xxxx
    Last edited: 10 March 2014
  9. miss.mooey

miss.mooey Well-Known Member

I hav 3 reward milestones set for myself.
    My first is half way and im gonna get myself a few nice fittin pieces of clothings
    my second is when i get to target i hava wager with my dad who said he will give me £100 towards my new wardrobe
    my third is a tattoo to remind myself how far ive come... new haircut and colour

theyre 6months apart which makes me count down and push myself to get to these little treats :)
  10. Spookess

Some great ideas here. Thanks ? X
  11. LisaIris

LisaIris Well-Known Member

Oooooo, I hadn't really thought about rewarding myself, I like the £1 idea or even the pebble idea. Thanks for the thread & ideas.