Rewards?

Spookess

So I am starting again, and knowing me, I need some incentive to stick to it this time so I was thinking about a reward for each half stone lost, something not overly expensive.
Any ideas?
I've tried the charm bracelet thing where you buy a new charm for each half stone lost, but working on a computer all day means it was tapping on the desk all the time sending my colleagues nutso! :-D.

Does anyone else do anything like this where they reward themselves at certain milestones?

I know, losing weight should be reward enough, but if I can't see the loss I want something else to show I'm doing a good job. :)

I'm putting £1 in a jar for every day on track, and another for every 1lb lost. By the time I get to goal (hopefully by the end of this year) I should have £400 ish to spend, guilt free, on new clothes and a fab haircut etc etc. It is quite a lot to put aside each week (especially if I stay on track and have a good loss), but getting to goal will be a big achievement so deserving of a substantial reward! In terms of interim targets, I put stickers on a chart in the book I use as a food diary, but haven't planned any actual rewards.

Like the sound of guilt free shopping :-D. Don't know about £1 for every day on track AND for every lb lost though. Sounds costly to me seeing as I plan on being on track every day. Reckon I will be better off with, say, £2 for every lb lost instead of both?

Maybe I could switch the idea around...... £5 in for every lb GAINED. Hmmm that could be another kind of incentive to make sure I stick at it! :-/

What about buying yourself a little something for every half stone, like a scarf or pair of shoes then you can still use them when you've lost the weight and look at clothes as you get lower.
My husband lost 7 stone and he used to buy a new shirt but buy it a size too small to help motivate himself.

Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Like the sound of guilt free shopping :-D. Don't know about £1 for every day on track AND for every lb lost though. Sounds costly to me seeing as I plan on being on track every day. Reckon I will be better off with, say, £2 for every lb lost instead of both?

Maybe I could switch the idea around...... £5 in for every lb GAINED. Hmmm that could be another kind of incentive to make sure I stick at it! :-/

no think positive!

I have treated myself to some new ankle boots! But I am not allowed to wear them until I get my 1st 7lb which is also my 10%! Hoping for this week lol!

I'm putting £1 in a jar for every day on track, and another for every 1lb lost. By the time I get to goal (hopefully by the end of this year) I should have £400 ish to spend, guilt free, on new clothes and a fab haircut etc etc. It is quite a lot to put aside each week (especially if I stay on track and have a good loss), but getting to goal will be a big achievement so deserving of a substantial reward! In terms of interim targets, I put stickers on a chart in the book I use as a food diary, but haven't planned any actual rewards.

Fab idea!

Thanks! Yes, it is costly - up to £10 per week assuming 7 days on track and a 3lb loss as a best case scenario. I can do it because I've given up wine for the duration - I used to spend at least £15 a week on wine (sometimes more), so I'm only actually putting aside part of the money I'm saving by being on plan.

Maybe you could try lots of little rewards, and make your goals smaller, eg, get into the next stone down with a reward of a new nail polish, then your half stone award, with a new book as a reward, then 5%, 10%, drop in BMI, etc, etc.

Choose rewards you really want, and have bigger rewards for more 'important' targets, so maybe a new haircut, perfume, a spa day or new top for your 10%, but smaller (cheaper) rewards, like a paperback book, new bubble bath, a lipstick, manicure or having something waxed (!) for the rest.

I've seen people say that they count pebbles into a jar, you fill a jar with as many pebbles as you have pounds to lose, then every pound you lose you move one over to another jar, labelled, 'Pounds lost', (with a ribbon around it, etc, to make it pretty, lol). I have far too many pounds to lose to do this, I'd need a very big jar, lol! :)

Maybe still do the £1 for 1lb thing alongside it, or maybe you could reward yourself with a break/holiday when you reach target, somewhere you've really liked the look of, but didn't feel comfortable going before, that could be a great incentive to reach your goal. xxxx

Last edited:
I hav 3 reward milestones set for myself.
My first is half way and im gonna get myself a few nice fittin pieces of clothings
my second is when i get to target i hava wager with my dad who said he will give me £100 towards my new wardrobe
my third is a tattoo to remind myself how far ive come... new haircut and colour

theyre 6months apart which makes me count down and push myself to get to these little treats :)

Oooooo, I hadn't really thought about rewarding myself, I like the £1 idea or even the pebble idea. Thanks for the thread & ideas.

Back