Rona's Dukan Diary

This afternoon wasn't too bad, as far as these things go!
Not many people there but as Kate was 97 most of her friends have either already gone or are too old to attend.
We had refreshments at a place close to the crem that caters specially for funeral. Loads of food left although b-in-law who had arranged it had got the numbers about right. But apparently Henry and Matilda, two big pigs at the bottom of the garden love left overs so not really wasted! They were going to get loads of sarnies, sausage rolls and nearly a whole chocolate cake for tea tonight! I was chatting to chef while he was feeding them some cabbage leaves and he assured me they were pets and most definitely not destined for the bbq!
I ate quite a lot of nasty little cocktail sausages, which I normally wouldn't touch as although I love sausages, I am quite precious about how they are made! Thought it best eat them though rather than be tempted by bread, pastry or cakes.
Only tea, coffee and soft drinks available so stopped off at Morrisons and picked up a bottle of red wine on the way home. Will have to try and go to the gym plenty of times this week before next weigh in!

im sure it will be ok for your wi ...and at least the day went smoothly .Love the sound of the pigs bless them

Don't worry about WI, Rona, especially if you're going to be at the gym.

Glad the day was OK.

Well, I had lost 2lbs on Friday morning but then gave blood Friday evening and although I felt great, I used it as an excuse to have 3 biscuits and a packet of crisps afterwards. Then when I got home had more crisps, 2 pears and some oatcakes with bertolli spread - oh and half a bottle of white wine!! Thought I'd got away with it as weighed the same on Saturday morning but then Sunday was 3lb!! up. :(:(
Think I've been a bit slack as well as I have been having rhubarb and yogurt on PP days. So this week going to be more strict with myself. Also need to make sure I come on here more often as even just reading what everyone else is up to helps keep me on the straight and narrow. :):) Onwards and downwards!!

hey hunny dont worry just get bak on track and u will be ok !!!!!!

Hey there - it's true that the FIRST mouthful is the one to avoid... as it's the one which leads to many others most often.

It's true that posting more often can help each of us... help each other too...

Thank you ladies! Back on track now and eating lots of spinach on PV days this week. Started having it last week so my iron levels would be high before I gave blood and felt so good on it I got another bag. It is so easy! I put a couple of big handfuls in a bowl with cooked chicken and stock on top, shove it in the microwave for a couple of minutes - job done!! :)

Hi Sarah, weight was up a bit for a couple of days but I have been good since (apart from finishing off the bottle of wine last night - bad day at work is my excuse!) so hopefully good WI tomorrow. I weigh myself every day and was down from last week this morning but I only count Friday's WI.
Today I have had porridge for breakfast, chicken for lunch and chicken and chicken livers for tea. Off to the gym in a little while, followed by swimming lesson. :):)

I'm the same Rona :)...I weigh each day but a positive weigh in only counts if it's the same or lower the next day :)... WI tomorrow? x

13st 2lb this morning, so that is 3.5lbs this week and 2 stone in total :):):)
I have a rotten cold today :( so probably won't go to the gym this weekend but I will try not to comfort eat!!

Well done! x

Gosh! didn't realise it was so long since I've been on here! Friday weigh in, I was 12st 8.5lbs but this weekend was my first major challenge since starting as am away for weekend and met up last night with some of my son Ryan's friends to celebrate his birthday - he would have been 37 on Friday. We went to a chinese restaurant and in the style of Ryan ordered loads of different dishes and ate far too much!! Trouble was it upset my stomach and I felt quite sick so had to get my other son to take me back to my hotel which thankfully was only about a mile down the road. Had some peppermint tea and felt a bit better but it certainly resolved any transit problems! :eek: Feeling a bit twitchy as haven't weighed myself for 2 days! Perhaps another time I will have to pack my bathroom scales when I go away! :):):) Didn't bring enough muffins for today so going to see what I can pick out of the breakfast buffet then its about 4 to 5 hours drive home - and looks quite foggy out there this morning! :(
Will weigh in tomorrow morning and update my stats then.

Back