Round 4

Jess1973

An even bigger challenge!, My previous 3 attempts have been successful, loosing approximately 3.5 stones for holiday goals. I've always had trouble maintaining because I've never properly followed the maintenance plan, and I have basically gone back to my old ways. This time I'm setting myself another challenge, this time I'm not stopping at an interim goal, I'm stopping at a healthy BMI goal, I'm approximately 15st 5, I'm going to weigh in shortly. My goal is 9st.6, I'm only 5"1, so this is a healthy weight for me. I have not been at this weight since I was in my 20's, I'm 44 now, so it will be interesting to see if I can achieve this. Recently inspired by my 23 year old daughter who has just lost 7stones on Lipotrim and transformed herself. I like to document every step of the way, it helps my motivation. The forum is more active than the last time I was on, so that's great! It will really inspire me reading and seeing all your successes. Good luck with your goals everyone. :0)

Last edited:
Hi Jess, welcome back! I'm actually doing Cambridge but there's not so many of us VLCDers around so I thought I'd have a look at the threads about similar plans. :)

Hope weigh in wasn't too scary! Have you started yet or are you a "diets start on Monday" person?

All the very best with it. x

Hi Jess, welcome back! I'm actually doing Cambridge but there's not so many of us VLCDers around so I thought I'd have a look at the threads about similar plans. :)

Hope weigh in wasn't too scary! Have you started yet or are you a "diets start on Monday" person?

All the very best with it. x
Hey, thank you, and good luck with your diet! We all have the same end goals so I don't care where the support comes from or who I give it to! Normally I am a diet starts Monday girl ha ha, but I actually started Sunday! So I've just completed day 1, with no problem at all. I think my body has gotten used to it and actually feels relieved that I'm giving it a break from all the usual toxins! The weight was not quite bad as expected, it was 96.6kg, so aprox 15 st 2.. At my peak I have been 15st 10, so I have kept a few pounds off! I feel back in control, and more motivated than ever! This time I will be sticking to shakes on Christmas day/New years day/ unless I have achieved my goal by then, (which is highly unlikely)! Hope you have had a successful diet day, when did you start?

I've been Cambridge-ing (this time - I'm an old hand...) since 3 April (2017). So 22 weeks today. Not that I've been perfect by any means, but I'm down 47lbs. I'm going on holiday on Friday, so just starting to slowly increase food. It's going to be tough getting back on track when I get back, but I've decided I want to get to 11st 5lbs by Christmas, because that, unbelievably , will be my lowest weight in 20 years. That would be awesome.

Not sure I could manage shakes in Christmas Day but some folk manage it and you can definitely do it if you want to.

Hope it's been reasonably easy today. Day 3 tomorrow - should get lots easier soon! x

Day 2 and the scales are going in the right direction! Not struggling at all yet, the struggles I will face will be saying no to social occasions, and I have a few invitations coming up. I'm currently avoiding friends because for me seeing them usually involves food/wine. Taking my self away from temptation is the best thing for me, for now. Tomorrow I should be in ketosis, so mentally that puts me in an even better place, I know my body has become a fat burning inferno! I have managed 2 walks today, 35 min twice. I've cooked tomorrow dinner already for the family, I seem to always develop this obsession to cook when on Lipotrim. Sunnyhaze, your weightloss is amazing! Holiday goals are what inspire me, but also make me fall off the wagon. Enjoy your holiday but be sure to get straight back on here when you return ha ha. My motivation is a holiday next year with my family and a number of other friends with their families, (mostly skinny friends)! It has given me the kick I need to get started! I can't risk not getting to goal!

LOL, I know - what is it about cooking when you can't eat any of it? :) Love watching TV cookery shows too when I'm VLCDing.

Hope you've had the "moment" today, when you suddenly realise you're in ketosis and it all feels easier.

And yes, I will definitely be coming back here after my hols. I really like the idea of seeing 11st 5lbs again. More than I could have dreamed of, even 6 months ago.

Keep on keeping on!

Day 3 Late posting because I have been travelling. Another successful Lipotrim day:0), I managed a walk today, I'm using the map my walk app because it tells me what calories i've burned and mentally this excites me because I know that's fat coming straight of my body. My husband laughs when I tell him I can feel my waist going in already, but I can! I watched a slimming documentary today that inspired me, it was about comparing diets weight loss in the first month against its value for money. Seeing a noticeable difference in these people after 4 weeks inspired me. Today I made a long term expensive commitment that will help me change my lifestyle forever, something I've never done on my previous 3 attempts. ..I hired a personal trainer! The story behind this is that I complimented a lady who works at my daughter's school in her figure, she had a perfect hour glass physique. She told me that she used to be a 106kg, and that she met her husband who is a personal trainer. It was just fate!!This man is now going to transform my life. I've hired him, and he is going to come to my house, 4 X weekly starting gently initially because I'm on Lipotrim. It will get me into a healthy routine of exercise. Anyway that will commence next week when I return from my trip..that's my story for today, still motivated, weight is going down (I'm a daily weigher) and clothes feel slightly more comfortable. Still as motivated as ever, let's see what tomorrow brings!

Day 4&5, motivation and willpower is increasing, but the longing for food is getting increasingly more difficult. I managed a 7k walk today, feel good I did that, I feel it's a step closer to my goal. I will be working 13 hour shifts the next two days and so I'm hoping this will take my mind off food, also hoping I can sustain a 13 hour shift on such little calories! I'm away from home, and so I don't have any scales to weigh myself on, normally I would weigh daily and this usually motivates me. AHH well, it will be a surprise next Wed morning! Being away from home and around different smells of food is making it more difficult. On a positive note, my clothes feel much more comfortable!

Nice progress. Just keep reminding yourself that your cravings will end soon. You'll do fine. :)

Nice progress. Just keep reminding yourself that your cravings will end soon. You'll do fine. :)
Thank you, yesterday was better because I worked 13 hours, I have the same now, infact just on my way! Good luck to you too:0)

Day 6! I've reached the weekend! Today I did a dipstick of my urine with urinalysis sticks and I'm heavily in Ketosis (YAY)! My breath has become highly embarrassing, and my teeth feel very fury! I'm in a job where I have to get up close to people all the time and so I have to keep apologising! I video called home today, and my family said my face looks slimmer already!! My work trousers are getting looser by the day, it feels absolutely wonderful!. I'm shrinking! Day off tomorrow, and so I'm planning on a walk. I feel like I cannot waste a minute of Lipotrim, I must maximise the weight loss!. Bed for me now, I'm usually up until midnight eating nibbles and drinking wine! But nothing tastes as good as being slim feels!

I bought a lot of those breath strips. You should give them a try as they work really well.

I bought a lot of those breath strips. You should give them a try as they work really well.
Oh I'm going to! I remember using them the very first time I did Lipo, it's quite a refreshing flavour in your mouth too!.

Day 7&8, I've exceeded a week!! Yay!! Unfortunately because I am away from home I can't weigh in. My first weigh day will be Wednesday morning, I'm so excited because I know it's going to be a good one, my clothes are telling me so!! I travel back home tomorrow, then the real temptations start, I return to cooking for my family, and have my friends inviting me to lunches/drinks etc. How do I avoid social engagements for the time I need to stay on Lipotrim? Pointless going when I can't enjoy the meal etc. But my end goal is a holiday with my family and a bunch of super skinny friends next year, I have to keep that in mind! My personal training sessions start this Thursday, (eek)! But I'm doing it for the lifestyle change, someone who I'm paying to to come and drag me out of my house 4 X weekly! Anyway bed for me, long day travelling tomorrow! Normally that would involve a lunch stop at the airport with wine!

That's great news! My weigh-in days are on a Wednesday too. :) Isn't your boyfriend/husband able to cook more often? I couldn't imagine how difficult that must be when on Lipotrim! As for lunches/drinks, if I were you I'd still go to these events but limit it. Explain your reasoning for not going as often. Because remember, you'll only be on Lipotrim for a few months. I'm sure they'd understand that. You should be careful with the personal training. Lipotrim is one of the few diets that encourage not exercising, because at ~500 calories a day your body needs to conserve as much energy as it can. You should try to avoid an even larger deficit as it will likely make you very hungry.

Great advice Gecko, and your absolutely right about the low calories/exercise, my personal trainer has said the same thing. He said because I'm starting at a very poor conditioning point,the exercise we will be starting with will be very gentle The aim is just to get me into a routine of factoring it into my life. The vigorous exercise will come later. My lifestyle has been very sedentary. Thank you for the advice, again your right,I shouldn't avoid all. I am however avoiding a birthday night out this weekend, but will go to daytime meet ups. Cooking....I have started cooking slimming world meals for my family, the reason being, when I finish lipotrim that is the way of eating I wantto adopt to maintain my new healthy weight. I rarely get the urge to eat my own food, it's other people's cooking smells that kill me! Anyway look out for my next post shortly, (my weigh), it's going to be a good one! My clothes are telling me so!!!

Day 9&10: Weight loss up to date is 12lb in 9 days! I'm late weighing in with being away, I'm so so happy!!!

That's great progress. Glad to see it and that you're taking exercise slowly and your trainer understands it. :) Keep up the good work!

Day 11&12.
2 personal training sessions done, weight is dropping off! 90.9kg, 14st 4? today, my face is looking thinner! He promises me I will be a size 8 by March.... Today he was dragging me along the forest paths followed by some abdo, crunches, etc. Yesterday it was all muscle endurance exercises like squats lunges etc. Stepping up the personal training to 5/6 days per week, feeling OK with the exercise.I know Lipotrim says not to...in bed already! It's Friday night, I've avoided a friend's party! It would be too difficult to sit and watch everyone enjoying food and wine!

Great progress and I think avoiding the party was the right move. It'll all pay off and I'm glad that the personal training is working out. At the very least you'll have something to continue working on immediately after Lipotrim. I want to start swimming once I'm slim. (Though realistically that might be embarrassing with all the loose skin I'll have.) Also, nice to hear he's adding some variety to your exercises.

Back