RubyMoss's Weight Loss Diary!

Hi -just a quick sign in to ask how have you got on?? - i have lost 5lbs!!!! so really happy with that.xxx:):)

Hello!

I think I'm down 8lbs now - it was 9lbs, but I had a gain of 3 lbs last week. A loss of 2lbs this week took me almost down to where I was before my holiday, so hopefully by next week I'll definitely be back on track!

Congratulations, you're doing fantastically! :D xxxxx

That's fab - only 6lbs to a stone!!!
I ended up toasting a couple of choc brioche's today :eek: - but gonna pull myself back got a bit stressed about going into my third year as I really struggle to critical assess anything and got the info from mmu regarding the PGCE course I want to do after taking a year out to volunteer at my son's school - and the requirements etc look really really daunting :eek:. xx

Aww, yeah I was going to apply to do a PCGE at first, but then changed my career path!
Don't let Third Year stress you out my dear, I graduated yesterday, and Third Year has been my favourite!
What subject are you doing at University?

If you ever need any help with Critical Assessment or anything to do with Uni (even just someone to talk to!) I'm right here, just give me a shout!

xxxxxx

Im doing (BA)hons tourism management, following that my first choice was to continue study with a MA in human resource management, however studying makes you see other options though!! and I ended up coming to the conclusion I wanted to become a primary school teacher, work in UK for a couple of years then work in international schools in Europe - fingers crossed!!!
I have purchased a couple of books to hopefully help with critical assessment and have booked in to study group!! - I will defo ask for help if I need it though as i'd be gutted if I was to lose out on good grades because of it.:eek:
Congrats on graduation, what do you plan to do instead of PGCE.:)
How's the diet going?? im doing ok apart form the brioche's the other night - I had my copy of Very catalogue through which has loads of nice clothes for autumn - so thats a motivation and I want to walk back into lectures in sept and shock the hell out of everyone :D
Do you use the slimming world website?
xx

I know what you mean. When everyone first found out I was studying English at University, they automatically presumed I wanted to be a teacher. By the end of Second year/Beginning of Third year, I really started to contemplate doing a PGCE but after the majority of my friends were refused due a reduction in places this year, I looked at other options and Publishing/Proof-reading is definitely the direction I want to go in! :)

Good idea on getting books to help you out, also, incase you've never heard of it, there's a forum called 'The Student Room' that's very helpful - lots of people to help you out. But yeah, like I said, I'm always about! :D

My Diet is a bit up and down. My * weeks are a little all over the place, and the past couple of weeks I've either been on holiday, or it was my little sisters birthday BBQ, and then of course, my graduation, which has led to a fair amount of alcohol and a lot more syns than I should. I wouldn't be surprised if I gain this week! HAHA. I don't use the SW website, I pretty much just stick to here.

Sorry for the rambling xxxxxxxxx

I know PGCE places are limited - hope I can get on one though as would be gutted!!!
Publishing/proof reading sound's a good career path - I can imagine it to be a good earner too:).
The SW website is good for motivation stories and journey planner - basically a graph showing your weight decreasing!!!
I sometimes look through it when feeling like going to order entire menu at the local takeaway:D.
I'll try send you my email if this place lets me lol.
You deserve to go over on your graduation so don't worry about that - even if you have gained, its a very important event in your life and nobody should diet on that day - I defo would'nt - i'd be hammered then wanting something eat lol xxxx

Hahaha, that's kinda what I was like! Tbh, I didn't even eat TOO badly... I had a chicken breast on a bun with a very small amount of chips... I think it might be the cocktails that pushed it! Still, I lost 1.6lbs this week, which isn't all bad!

This site is annoying for the fact you can't update your weight details with half pounds so I've just rounded it up to 172. Still, veryyyy happy! :D I must have had about double my syns last week aswell... this week, I'm aiming for 100% slimming world! :D

xxx

Thats great!!! - well done - especially since you had treat days, its nice to know when your target you can still have the days where you need that piece of cake, drink etc and still either lose or maintain.:)
My weigh day is 2moz - and on sat I had my peace and quiet day - my mum had the kids and I went blockbuster got 3 dvd's and a tub of ben and jerry's frozen yogurt and i lay on sofa all day and did nowt - was fab!!! just ended up having more than the frozen yogurt:eek: - but when I have got on my scales at home I think I have lost a little as my scales are really crap they give a different reading depending on how they are feeling even if I got on them five times in a row each time would be different!!!
I made that kfc chicken and breaded mushrooms of the recipe page on here and I was quite impressed - even kids enjoyed it.
Anyway il let you know how I get on 2moz nite - speak soon and be good;)

Hey, that's brilliant! Well done!

Well, it's not going great. Foodwise, not too bad. Once more, it's the drink. I really must stop adhering to typical student stereotypes. Had about 65 syns in 2 days, but the plan is to now have very few over the remainder of the week now I can plan my meals! Haha xxx

Aha, never tried Vodka jellies - always meant to though!
Had a couple of Extra Dry Martini's with Lemon & Lime, which I think works out at something like 2.5syns per 50ml :) xxx

Vodka jellies are re put a really nice - I used to also put a funnel in a huge melon and throughout the week put vodka in the melon through the funnel - keep in fridge the whole week and at the end cut up and serve!! - really nice xx

check this link out for syn free meat
Low Fat Sausages
xxx

Vodka melon! That's amazing! Not sure whether it'd be the SS that it is normally, but hey sounds awesome! :D xxx

Ha ha doubt it would be ss (shame) - when I used to go on girls holidays the first thing we would do was buy a melon and vodka - its quite potent but dont know if due to heat when away!!!

I'm so going to do that now! Just need to make sure not to leave it lying around my 7 year old brother - he loves Melon, but not sure the Vodka would be a good idea! HAHA xxx

Ah bless, just tell him its got vodka in - my eldest son is 7, we share the same birthday and both born on same day just 23 yrs between us.
When I was 30 last month I got a bottle of baileys and I said to him im gonna have a drink and he looked at me like i'd gone mad!! He has never seen me have a drink and he was not impressed lol - If he only knew before having him my life was a booze filled haze!! lolxx

I'm absolutely dreading weigh-in tomorrow.
I've eaten and drank like a PIGGY this week.
I really do need a 100% SW week next week. Maybe I'll drink loads of water, eat 3 melons a day AND have a fishy week! xxx

It just shows that my theory that my body loves me (due to the losses I've had despite mental over-synning) is absolute rubbish ahaha!

Back