RubyMoss's Weight Loss Diary!

After a really good week last week, I'm hoping I have some self-control tonight while I'm out. I know I'll be using a lot of syns (I always do) but I need to keep clear of the shots and cocktails, which are my weakness on a night out with the girlies! :D

I've already started drinking (she says, embarrassed that it's only 6.30pm) but only to make my night cheaper; A bottle of wine while I'm out and I'll try and call it quits. Here's to hoping I don't go absolutely mental! xxx

Hey -Just a quick post to say I lost 1lb - 9lbs so far - im happy with that as I have had a few slip-ups!!

Have a fab nite xx

Well done you! Really proud of you lovely!

Uhoh I'm a bit/lot drunk & don't know how many syns I've had but it is less than 50 so if I count 50 u should be ok. Uhoh. Alcohol is bad :/ I swear I've nearly been mugged 3 times xxxx

Hi - hope you got home ok!!
I always think its the food you consume whilst drunk thats the most harmfull - avoid that and I should think you will be ok ;)xx

Hello!

I see drunken Laura appeared on here last night - at least I didn't waffle too bad! I *think* I posted that whilst sat outside McDonalds in town... BUT I didn't eat anything! Well, I hadn't had any tea, so when I got in I made myself a Light Choices Vegetable Curry, with 150g of McCain's Rustic chips, so I kinda felt like I was eating naughty food, but within my syn allowance. I don't think I even drank 50syns last night, but I'm leaving it at that incase there's drinks I don't remember (highly likely).

I did manage to burn myself badly on a baking tray when I got in though... ooops.

Well done again on your loss (from a sober Laura!) xxx

I don't think this week has been nearly as good as last week; I've almost used all 105 of my weekly syns, so I'm not sure how that'll effect me - it just shows one night out can blow it for you. Fingers crossed it doesn't.

I'm trying to include red days, but I literally have absolutely no idea what to eat. I like all the general meats and stuff, but god knows what to have with them! Any tips would be greatly welcomed!

Still, onwards and downwards! I'm going to attempt to fit in a little exercise this afternoon; nothing too much, but hopefully next week I'm going to start back on the Couch to 5k running app and see how I go from there!

But for today, I'm faced with a huge temptation. My family come back from holiday tomorrow, so I thought I'd attempt baking a cake (for the first time ever, might I add) to show them I've missed them! It was definitely fun to make, and I'm sure I burnt a few calories with the amount of mixing I had to do! And here's the final result:

scaled.php

Unfortunately, I made this for my non-Slimming World family... so I can't eat it! :( It's just sat on the table begging to be eaten. Must... Resist... The... Cake!. I caved in and had a bit of the cake mix (syns allocated, of course) so the rest of the day shall be a test of my willpower!

Last edited:
Ohmygod that cake looks good.

It's probably about 4000 calories. It's got Chocolate glueing two layers together.
So far so good, I've not been tempted, it's actually making me a bit sick thinking about the sheer number of calories! xxx

I'm almost :drool: looking at that cake! Did you treat yourself to a little bit? I wouldn't have been able to resist, lol! :D Btw - I love the dark hair!! xx

I did have a slither last night, and OMG it's actually gorgeous! It's the first time I've baked so I'm proud that it turned out so good! The family have eaten half of it, so it must be okay! :)

On an even worse note, not only did I eat cake to celebrate the return of my family, I also drank lots of Scrumpy (my gift from holiday). This week's not looking so good, loss-wise... xxx

I couldn't bring myself to come back to your diary because that cake is such a turn-on! LOL :D

I find that a slither of something I really want is more than enough since I've been doing SW, I really can't face any more than that! My own determination is surprising me!

Hope you can still lose this week! Don't let the FFs down! You weigh yourself on a Monday morning, if I remember right? Good luck! xxx

I did have a slither last night, and OMG it's actually gorgeous! It's the first time I've baked so I'm proud that it turned out so good! The family have eaten half of it, so it must be okay! :)

On an even worse note, not only did I eat cake to celebrate the return of my family, I also drank lots of Scrumpy (my gift from holiday). This week's not looking so good, loss-wise... xxx

I'm glad you treated yourself to a bit hun :) It looked fabulous, and obviously your parents must have thought so too!

Ooo, you naughty cider drinker you! :p Though I can't say anything as I attempted to drink my own body weight in alcohol last night (and that's a lot of weight :giggle:) As you can imagine I'm feeling a bit green around the gills today :sign0137: I'm fully expecting another gain on Friday, but I had a fabulous time so I don't care, lol! :8855: xxx

Thats cakes look's fab!!!! - how's your week going?? im doing ok managed resist a burger van lol!!! xx
Thank you!
My week went okay really, had a few slip ups with the return of the family (mainly scrumpy related!) - Well done you on burger-van resisting!

I couldn't bring myself to come back to your diary because that cake is such a turn-on! LOL :D

I find that a slither of something I really want is more than enough since I've been doing SW, I really can't face any more than that! My own determination is surprising me!

Hope you can still lose this week! Don't let the FFs down! You weigh yourself on a Monday morning, if I remember right? Good luck! xxx
I didn't properly let you guys down, I lost 1lb still! I swear that cake had about 4000 calories in so even a slither would have been a couple hundred!

I'm glad you treated yourself to a bit hun :) It looked fabulous, and obviously your parents must have thought so too!

Ooo, you naughty cider drinker you! :p Though I can't say anything as I attempted to drink my own body weight in alcohol last night (and that's a lot of weight :giggle:) As you can imagine I'm feeling a bit green around the gills today :sign0137: I'm fully expecting another gain on Friday, but I had a fabulous time so I don't care, lol! :8855: xxx
Haha, exactly, you had an awesome night out so it's all worth it! :D
Recovered now lovely? ;)

xxxx

I wonder if one day I'll be able to give up drinking altogether?
20syns last night - I suppose that's not too bad really, but I simply cannot get out of my old student-ish ways! xxx

I guess you should probably make the most of life before you dye your hair some boringly respectable colour and take out your snake bites when you get a graduate job so you can be a corporate bimbo...

Yeah right, who am I kidding?! Lol!

(I love you really ;)
xxx

LMAO!
:D

I'm already there with the boring respectable colour (for now) but my snakebites will never go! My work told me to take them out, I ignored them, and now they don't even notice!

I'll tell them I was born with holes in my face and that I need the studs in to stop my mouth leaking when I drink...

xxxxx

What are snakebites RubyMoss? Really enjoying your diary by the way. You are a born blogger! Keep up the good work, onwards and downwards huni xxx

Back