Russiandoll's Diary

the tuna sounds yummy Debbie,how do you prepare & cook it ?
well done on "listening" i think thatsone of the hardest things to do along with stopping when you're full, esp when you're enjoying what you're eating.
hope it continues to go well
xx

p.s why did you change from SS to 790 or were you doing 790 all along?

I knew I had to turn things around fast and initially decided to bite the bullet and go SS all the way. However, in that first week of SSing, I did a lot of soul searching and decided that, although I wanted fast results, I didn't want to thrash myself doing it.

When I did SS on CD in 2006, it was like falling in love for the first time - it was breathtaking how enthusiastic I was. But when it all went wrong in 2007 and I piled the weight back on, I realised I'd not learned anything at all. I had lost a lot of weight in 2006 - true. But 'I' hadn't done it at all ... it was all down to the magic of SSing. But it came at a price: I was terrified of food and my weakness around it.

So this time, I decided to try placing some faith in myself and trying a plan with fast results and rules (which I need) but allowing me to experiment with my ability to lose weight with food in the equation.

For me personally, SSing is a non-swimming child forbidden from getting in the pool ... 790 is the same child allowed in the pool with armbands on :)

nice analogy

the tuna sounds yummy Debbie,how do you prepare & cook it ?

I tend not to get all 'Jamie oliver' Cheryl ... the tuna is pre-prepared in foil sachets. They're by John West and come in three flavours: Italian Herb, Thai Chilli and Lemon and Cracked Black pepper. You just empty the sachet into a bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.

I steam the veg in my little plastic microwave steamer for 12 mins. :)

WK2: Day 3 - Mon 14th Jan

The weather is foul today - grey, rain ... yuk! I've been invited to my Uni friend's house for coffee so that'll be a distraction for a few hours. She's also on CD so there won't be any temptation - not that I'm feeling particularly weak at the moment; 790 is suiting me down to the ground and I hope it continues to 'hit the spot'.

I tend to have the same thing every night - a foil sachet of tuna in one of three sauces on steamed veg. I'm a creature of habit and don't mind this at all - in fact it's like having another CD pack - but one that is hot, savoury and you chew!

I've been a bit slack on the water intake so that's something I need to address - it's just easy to let it slip when the weather is rubbish ... the last thing I feel like when it's cold and wet outside is a gallon of water! As we all know, it's also not easy keeping up the constant water intake when you're out and about - plus toilet stops are a nightmare ... especially in my town where, judging by the lack of toilets, they seem to think we all have bladders of steel.
So that's my mission for today - more water!

Sounding good Debbie - your head is deffo back in the zone. Pleased to hear 790 is suiting you so well, it sounds like a very sensible plan for you.

Have a good day,

love

its so good to hear the possitivity coming out of your diary, i know for so long you struggled, for one reason or another. I really hope the time is now ready for you to succeed both at life & at CD
xx

Sounding focused and positive RD which is great - I think I need a leaf out of your book.... I am positive but struggling a bit.... definately gonna take a look at the 790 in more depth... sounds good.... though not a big lover of fish I wouldn't be too impressed with your tuna...lol;)

Have a good day!

WK2: Day 4 - Tues Jan 15th

I've had a very lazy day today mainly because I'm exhausted after a marathon conversation with my sister on the phone last night. She called me at 9pm and I got off the phone at 2am!! :eek:

The diet is going fine so far. I don't want to jinx things by getting too cocky - it's enough to say that I'm fine at the moment and don't feel I'm going to crack. Ssshhhhh!

It's my last week of freedom as I'm back at Uni on Monday - I suppose I really ought to do the reading tasks before then :rolleyes:

Onto day 12

Can you please tell me how you maintain............................new at this game so have no idea how to at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Irish - when I work that one out, you'll be the first to know!

Not being flippant - it's just that I've never been able to crack that particular chestnut ... and that's why I'm having to do this crazy journey all over again.

Hopefully, this will be the last time I go through this palaver; I intend to get where I want to be and STAY there!

Hi Debbie
Just happened to notice this "new" thread - been lurking on it a bit but just meant to get on and say well done for getting yourself back on track.
Obviously we all have weight issues and it is starting to dawn on me that it is all a matter of how each individual manages their weight. You've obviously found the right way to do it for yourself at the moment :D
Gud on yer !!

And by the way, the tuna sounds nice, what make is it ?

Hiya Dibs
They're by John West & I got them in Asda - they're on offer at the mo ... £3 for three.
Theyre called 'Seared Tuna Steaks' and you get a really decent portion in a yummy sauce for around 160 cals and pretty low carb (well, I've stayed in Ketosis if that's anything to go by).

I'll branch out soon and have chicken but at the moment I'm as happy as a sandboy on the tuna.

How's things with you?

good at the moment actually, diet wise. To be honest, i've messed around since about August and although i've maintained (until i pigged out over Christmas) i haven't lost more and i need to. The complete break over christmas and the weight i put back on so quickly (about a stone in two or three weeks) was the kick up the backside i needed.

I've been SSing for a week and a half now but i love tuna and salmon so already looking forward to my AAM meal ;) Been getting some little sharp pains under my left boob tho since getting back on the diet so a little concerned, been salso dancing tonight though and still here to tell the tale so i don't think it is anything too serious just getting it checked out though in case.

Still think you are a bit hard on yourself ;) but as i said, you've found something that suits you at the moment and best of luck with it. If it suits your lifestyle and tastes then it is likely to be something you can stick with long term and may even crack that maintaining mystery for you when you get to whatever weight you feel comfortable with :D

You can come show us how you are getting on when the weather picks up and sitting out on the barbican again does not require gills :rolleyes:

I'll be down that way in just a few weeks when DD2 Amy produces my little grandson; he's due on her birthday (Feb 17th). Her pregnancy has flown by!

One of the feelings I'm having to fight to overcome is that, when I have a loss, I think "Yeah - that's OK ... but I've been here before FFS - and not that long ago!" It's negative thinking but try as I might, it forces its way in from time to time.
It's pointless giving it brain-time though as I have no choice other than to LOSE THE WEIGHT. Never mind that it's for the nth time - I just have to get on with it.

WK2 - Day 6: Thurs Jan 17th

Oh I dunno ... I'm just feeling fed up today. It's not the diet - well it IS the diet but it's everything else as well. I have lots to do but just don't want to do them - the house is a bomb-site, I haven't done my pre-semester tasks for Uni and creditors are constantly phoning. We're on the verge of tucking ourselves up in a big remortgage to pay them off - I know we have no other option but of course I don't want to do it. Our new monthly payments are nothing short of scary but we're pinning everything on the prospect of me getting a decent job once I graduate (no pressure or anything!)

I worry constantly about my dad. He's holding his own and fighting in his usual way ... for example, he was finding it too painful to have his laptop on his lap when he was 'surfing' but sitting upright at a little side-table was too painful too because of the cancer in his pelvis. So he bought himself a lighweight wireless keyboard online. Now he sits back and surfs to his heart's content. What a trooper!

My 18 year old niece is in hospital at the moment. She was taken by emergency ambulance because she's been ignoring her diabetes again. She's a type 1 and has never really taken it seriously (mind you, my sister - her mum - didn't either, even when my niece was young). She has her insulin jabs but is erratic about it, eats the wrong things and drinks alcohol. It's a worry but she won't listen and now she's 18, her health is her own responsibility. I'm waiting to hear if they've stabilised her.

Right, I think I should go and tackle some Uni work....

.... in a while :rolleyes:

Back