S&S newbie

azlan

Hi Everyone - I started S&S yesterday and so far so good........... I'm just having the cafe latte shake for brekkie and - YUM!!!!

The only problem is I woke this morning with a cough and a bad sore throat - any advice re meds etc? I know most of the lozenges etc have sugar in - does anyone know of one that doesn't?????? I'm not too worried about delaying ketosis for a day or two as long as I manage to hang in there n stick with the packs!! :D

Hi and welcome hun :D sorry to hear you're not too good. I'm not sure which meds have no sugar but there are some out there! Myself personally wouldn't bother I'd just take something lol :p Hope you feel better soon
Jackie xx

You can have cold/flu tablets. If you want cough mixture or something then your best bet would be to go to the pharmacy and ask for a sugar free version. They'll have them as they're mainly intended for diabetics. Look after yourself!

Hi there - thanks for the advice - am trying to not take anything but paracetamol and plenty of vit C so far......

I'm amazed at how creamy the shakes are. I had a crispy choc yesterday (in the blender so not so crispy choc!! ) and thought it was the milk that made it so yum but I liked the cafe latte even better!! And it's so great to have a savoury meal on a vlcd - I tried CD before and didn't last more than a month but this seems more doable!

Welcome hun great to see ur enjoying ur 2nd day, ive developed a sore throat too, was gonna get some strepsils later but i forgot about all the sugar in them :\ hmmmm wonder what i can get.

Good luck with ur s&s journey xx

They do sugar free strepsils.

azlan said:
Wow Weasy - I just saw your loss - amazing! Have you lost the whole 104lbs since last July??

Yes. Until a few weeks ago I was on 4 packs a day (no veggies or milk) and have never lapsed (except for a planned lapse on Xmas day when I had a protein meal - lapse for me not particularly for the programme!). Now changed to 3 packs and a protein meal every day. I'm following lighterlife and substituting some of the S&S packs for the LL ones as I prefer them. This has made no difference to the rate of weight loss for me. Now only another 33 lbs to go!

Thanks guys. I have gone from a 24/26 to a size 14 (although I think I'm now a 12 on the bottom half - not sure yet!). I have done a diary but it's on the LL site rather than minimins - and you have to be on LL to have access. I might copy it over though if you guys would like me to.

I do actually find the therapy side of LL useful - it's the only reason I'm still with them rather than being 100% SnS! Although the quality of the councellor can vary widely. I'm considering having personal therapy during maintenance if I think it'll help me maintain. Not sure about that yet though... I'm on my computer now rather than my iPad so I can go and copy my diary reasonably easily... Will let you know when it's done.

That is a very inspirational journey Weasey! I'm loving the look - your rockin' them jeans and a red top. Oh-la-la:)

Thanks guys!

Back