Saddle Bags No More!

hey SB!!! dont be annoyed. Half off is fine.

Remember you said you were aching from RFL - that means your body is in DOMS (see link) which will mean you are retaining fluids.

Keep going - dont make me get mad at you!!!!

Delayed onset muscle soreness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Retaining Water After Workouts | LIVESTRONG.COM

xxxxx

Thanks Elle

Could be so. Just feel so fed up, you know how it is. Really thought I'd get my sticky today! :cry:

I'll keep at it, onwards and downwards.

xxx

Oh sb I am disappointed for you, especially when theres absolutely no reason for it.
I find my losses really speed up if I have salad at some point in the day xx

Good for you babes - if you keep at it, and keep focus - then no reason next week why the sticker wont be yours!

Sending you a hug xxx

Oh sb I am disappointed for you, especially when theres absolutely no reason for it.
I find my losses really speed up if I have salad at some point in the day xx

Thanks Dawn

I have salad everyday at work so can't be that. Could be water retention like Elle says. I'll keep batting on. :wave_cry:

xxxxxx

Good for you babes - if you keep at it, and keep focus - then no reason next week why the sticker wont be yours!

Sending you a hug xxx

Thank you. I've booked at holiday week for next week but did say that I might get there. We are going to the coast for the weekend, Fri-Mon but will probably leave Monday morning so could probably get to class at a push. I think if I don't go to class I will use it as an excuse to pig out a bit. I'm planning on taking a couple of bottles of wine but that's about it for my indulgence. There is a pool on site so can do swimming everyday and walk down to the beach and back everyday, weather permitting!!, plus I love to eat seafood so fresh seafood on the seafront is a winner all round. I am really going to promise myself that I won't pig out and spoil my diet. If I can't make class on Monday there is one near me on a Wendesday morning so could nip to that to get weighed. I know that doesn't give me a full weeks turnaround but I'm not disciplined enough to miss a class I don't think.

Right then, that's that sorted, that's what I'll do!

On the plus side my new washer comes tomorrow and only 3 and a bit more stinky days to work here then Filey for weekend and next week off before new job start. How lovely would it be to start my new job with a big fat 2 stone shiny on mi book - not that they're gonna be looking at my book, but I'll know it's there won't I! ;)

Thanks for your support guys

xxxxxxxxx

Saddle Bags said:
Thanks Dawn

I have salad everyday at work so can't be that. Could be water retention like Elle says. I'll keep batting on. :wave_cry:

xxxxxx

Bless ya :(

It's so annoying. Seems to me you're doing everything right! I wud've expected a good loss.

I know minimum went thru a similar experience, but it got sorted.

Keep smiling hun xxx

FFS! Only half off. I really don't understand why, I write my food diary every week and haven't gone over my syns on any day, done plenty of walking and did the 5k Race For Life yesterday. I know better of than on but half a pound is nowt! I now need 2 for my 2 stone sticky!

I AM SO PI$$ED OFF!! :cry:

Any help/advice anyone??????? :wave_cry:

Hiya SB

I know where your coming from, I haven't been off plan since I started, even when I had a bottle of wine I realised I hadn't gone over my weekly syns and I've had a week when I've only lost 1/2 lb is sooooo blomin annoying especially when your sitting next to someone who has eaten half her body weight in chocolate and has lost 3lb!!!!!

Anyhoo, onwards and downwards girlie, we'll do this Boo xx

I'm gutted for you, you sound so sad in your post, and you have been so good this week, not only with food, but exercise as well:(
Perhaps when you start your new job, and you will be busier in work, it will all fall into place, and your shiny will be yours xxx
A few years ago, when I was very sad about a half pound loss, my son, ever the phiosophical one, told me that half a pound off was really good, and much better that half a pound on, because really it made a pounds difference - Never knew where he was coming from, but I always think about it x

I'm gutted for you, you sound so sad in your post, and you have been so good this week, not only with food, but exercise as well:(
Perhaps when you start your new job, and you will be busier in work, it will all fall into place, and your shiny will be yours xxx

Aww thanks Lin,

Yeah I was sad but determined not to give up, I'm not going to have my holiday week next week I'm going to make an effort to get to class or one on wednesday morning, that 2 stone shiney will be mine! ;) Plenty of sea air and strolls on the sea front and fresh seafood at the weekend, that ought to do it - I hope! I'd love to start my new job with my 2 stone shiney, not that they'll know but I will ;)

Aww SB, gutted that you didn't get the loss you were hoping for, i find that if I've been exercising a lot I don't lose so much. My body isn't used to it, so retains every little thing it can lol.

Least you have a PMA and are focussed on the week ahead and your little holiday. Good for you for planning on sticking to SW and making it to a class next week too, bravo!!! xxx

Aww SB, gutted that you didn't get the loss you were hoping for, i find that if I've been exercising a lot I don't lose so much. My body isn't used to it, so retains every little thing it can lol.

Least you have a PMA and are focussed on the week ahead and your little holiday. Good for you for planning on sticking to SW and making it to a class next week too, bravo!!! xxx

Thanks Mav

I was so disappointed. Good job I had a wee before I went or might have been a STS :eek: My body is probably in shock or meltdown as I never do any form of exercise other than walking 3/4 times a week so to go from that to running (and walking) 5k yesterday if probably thinks WTF is happening here, I'm holding on tight!

I just need to be mentally strong for the weekend, its easy to get carried away with everyone else and what they're eating. I'm not a sweets or crisps person so my idea of a glass or two of red wine a night and some fresh seafood sat outside watching the sun go down over the beach will be heaven - providing it doesn't pi$$ it down that is!!

xxx

So, today is a new day!

I am 100% focused for the week ahead. I am packing 2 bottles of wine for my weekend trip - one red and one white, the white I will have half white, half soda so that will eek it out a bit. I'm going to save as many syns a day as I can so I will have plenty for the wine at the weekend.

Think I will look at making some syn free houmus to take along with some carrot sticks so I can snack syn free on a night. I am determined not to sabotage my diet by a weekend at the seaside.

I'm not a sweet person so the candy floss and waffles won't tempt me, neither will the fish and chips (East Coast fish has skin on - urggghh):confused:, could always peel the batter (and skin) off and have the fish with mushy peas for free as I'm sure everyone else will partake in fish and chips. I will eat plenty of crab sticks and fresh crab and mussels etc, I love all that and so does hubby and kids too. I aim to get in plenty of walking on the sea front and plenty of swimming too. I am going to buy a poncho type thing that I can throw away after the weekend so even if it rains I can still get out and about.

We will be leaving caravan site around 10ish so will be back in time for WI at 12 - where I WILL have a good loss this week of hopefully at least 2lbs to get my 2 stone shiney. :D

I just realised this morning that I now weigh exactly the same as I did when I was weighed to go to theatre for my section to have my daughter............5 years ago :eek::eek::eek: how bad is that! Anyway it's all coming off so that's all good.

I also have massive regrets that I don't have any pictures of me with my daughter when she was a baby, I wouldn't have my picture taken as I felt so fat and horrible - can't change that now but I do regret it. Will make sure we take loads at the weekend of me and the kids, and maybe hubby too, so I can put some up on here :family2:

I've set my target at 11stone. I was 11st 6lbs when I got married 8 years ago and felt amazing (and looked pretty good too if I do say so myself!!). When I get to target, you notice I said when eh, I may reduce it to 10st 7lbs, but that's a fair way off yet but I know I will get there.

Have a lovely day all :D
xxxxxxxx

You sound very positive and motivated today.:)
Sooo organised too for the weekend, I am impressed.:D
I weighed under 8 stone when I got married but it was nearly 27 year ago :eek: and now I am a hefty 13.5 stone (for me!)
My regret is I was my heaviest ever at my daughter's graduation last week and had to buy an 18 dress. I usually put photos on Facebook as we live away from all our family and other daughter lives in London, but would not put on the ones of me with my daughter in her robes! How sad:cry:
Still no point crying over it now, I need to do something about it:sigh:
Wishing you lots of luck for a good week.
x

A few years ago, when I was very sad about a half pound loss, my son, ever the phiosophical one, told me that half a pound off was really good, and much better that half a pound on, because really it made a pounds difference - Never knew where he was coming from, but I always think about it x

Your son is a genius!!! That makes so much sense, and he was absolutely right!!!

SB - glad you are planning for your weekend at the seaside, I'm sure planning will definitely make it easier to stick to. fish and chips sounds lovely (not with the skin on, that sounds vile!!) Have to admit I'm not sure I'd be able to resist the batter, you're a better woman than me if you can!!

Can't wait to see all your lovely pictures ;)

I was talking to my Mum about my weight loss and target etc and I reckon I'm the type tht will never be 100% happy with the way I look. Even if I get to 9 stone, I'll want to be 8.5, and if I ever (doubtfully) get there, I'll still want more. I hate every picture of me, but esp ones where I weighed more. My Dad uploaded some to fb from last Xmas, and I immediately de-tagged myself cos I look so slobby!! But these are the same photos that spur me on. I want to be skinny and happy, and not worry about being seen in a bikini, not too much to ask is it??!!

xx

Hiya SB

How's you today? Hope you have a lovely weekend away, sounds like you are well organised. Its my weigh in this evening, I've got 1lb to get my 1.1/2 stone shiney, lordy knows if I've lost that. Anyhoo hope your having a lovely day. Boo xx

My target is 11 stone too SB!!! i think all my remaining weight is from my waist down - i have such thick legs/thighs/cankles!!! its madness.....i can see ribs on my upperbody! hehe! perhaps its where i will lose it from last?

Lets go for it! xxx

How's you today? Hope you have a lovely weekend away, sounds like you are well organised. Its my weigh in this evening, I've got 1lb to get my 1.1/2 stone shiney, lordy knows if I've lost that. Anyhoo hope your having a lovely day. Boo xx

Good luck Boo, you can do it.

I am looking forward to the weekend, lots of fresh air I hope on not much rain!

xxxx

My target is 11 stone too SB!!! i think all my remaining weight is from my waist down - i have such thick legs/thighs/cankles!!! its madness.....i can see ribs on my upperbody! hehe! perhaps its where i will lose it from last?

Lets go for it! xxx

Thank Elle

Oooh ribs on upper body - I don't think I have ribs, or do I???

I am focused and ready for the week ahead :D

My 'sex pest' boss is now out for the rest of the afternoon and I am very busy for the rest of the afternoon............planning my meals/menus and shopping list for next week - all in a days work people ;)

Oh only 2 more days to work here - will miss the people but not the lack of work. Looking forward to a few lie ins next week on my week off.

Hoping weather will pick up too as its school hols from Friday and nothing worse than "I'm bored, there's nothing to do, can't go out on my bike it's raining" blah blah blah hoping to take them pitch and putt or crazy golf or something like that, if not swimming and pics no doubt.

Much love to you all xxxxxxxx

So, today is a new day!

I am 100% focused for the week ahead. I am packing 2 bottles of wine for my weekend trip - one red and one white, the white I will have half white, half soda so that will eek it out a bit. I'm going to save as many syns a day as I can so I will have plenty for the wine at the weekend.
good on you, and well done on your 1/2lb loss. I know it was disappointing,so so been there hun but just look at a slab of butter that is what you lost :D
Think I will look at making some syn free houmus to take along with some carrot sticks so I can snack syn free on a night. I am determined not to sabotage my diet by a weekend at the seaside.
you can do this :D
I'm not a sweet person so the candy floss and waffles won't tempt me, neither will the fish and chips (East Coast fish has skin on - urggghh):confused:, could always peel the batter (and skin) off and have the fish with mushy peas for free as I'm sure everyone else will partake in fish and chips. I will eat plenty of crab sticks and fresh crab and mussels etc, I love all that and so does hubby and kids too. I aim to get in plenty of walking on the sea front and plenty of swimming too. I am going to buy a poncho type thing that I can throw away after the weekend so even if it rains I can still get out and about.

We will be leaving caravan site around 10ish so will be back in time for WI at 12 - where I WILL have a good loss this week of hopefully at least 2lbs to get my 2 stone shiney. :D
really really hope so for you :D you deserve it as been so focused lately :D
I just realised this morning that I now weigh exactly the same as I did when I was weighed to go to theatre for my section to have my daughter............5 years ago :eek::eek::eek: how bad is that! Anyway it's all coming off so that's all good.

I also have massive regrets that I don't have any pictures of me with my daughter when she was a baby, I wouldn't have my picture taken as I felt so fat and horrible - can't change that now but I do regret it. Will make sure we take loads at the weekend of me and the kids, and maybe hubby too, so I can put some up on here :family2:
snap I have hardly any photos of me with all 3 of my lovely kids because I hate fat photos :D
I've set my target at 11stone. I was 11st 6lbs when I got married 8 years ago and felt amazing (and looked pretty good too if I do say so myself!!). When I get to target, you notice I said when eh, I may reduce it to 10st 7lbs, but that's a fair way off yet but I know I will get there.

Have a lovely day all :D
xxxxxxxx

my target is 11 stone too :D the eleven stone club xxxxxxxx

Back