"Safe" Salad - CDC help please!!

TIFFERS

As I'm in a bit of a pickle (forgot packs at work) could one of you lovely CDC or one of you vastly knowledged veterans tell me what salad is "safe" i didnt know onions and tomatos were "dangerous!!"

lettuce cucumber celery cabbage... mmm not alot really
you can also have cauliflower
if i think of more ill add... hope you get a CDC reply in the mean time!

this is what is in my CD booklet for stuff you can have on 890 - hope it helps:

Green salad leaves such as rocket, lamb's lettuce, watercress, raddiccio, little gem, or romaine.

Celery, cucumber or red radishes, Courgettes or marro, spinach, kale, turnip or taro tops. Chinese leafy greens such as pak choi or chinese cabbage.

Broccoli, cauilflower or any cabbage, even pickled!

Asparagus, fennel or celeriac.

Mushrooms.

veg/salad from a sticky above;

2 tablespoons of one of the following...

green salad leaves eg. roquette, lambs lettuce watercress, raddiccio, little gem/romain lettuces.

celery, cucumber or red raddishes

courgettes or marrow

broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage including pickled cabbage.

spinach, kale, turnip or taro tops

asparagus, fennel and celeriac

chinese leafy greens such as pak choi or chinese cabbage.

don't add salt or fat but add herbs and a wee bit of stock if you want.

Could you have a piece of chicken, I usually have this when I cant have a shake etc and it makes no difference to weight loss or ketosis.

Hi Tiffers - all good suggestions regarding the lowest-carb veggies - but if you're doing SS or SS+ you don't need those, you need protein to take the place of a CD portion.

So, if you can't make it through the day with just your calorie-free liquids, get some skimmed milk, plain low-fat yogurt, lowest-fat cottage cheese.....that's either/or, not all of them!

Salad and boiled eggs will be fine!

The egg yolks aren't low in fat, but they are carb free and won't knock you out of Ketosis or affect your weight.

My little trick if I'm trying to space my packs out is to have some of the Bouillon - A big mug of that is just like having a cuppa soup, and makes me feel like I've had something more substantial. I can't stand the CD soups so I have 3 shakes and 2 Bouillon soups a day which means I can have breakfast, then a 2 course lunch and dinner:D

Yep, CD do a version of it - savoury water flavouring or something - but I get the reduced salt Marigold Bouillon - they do it in Tesco's and also in Holland and Barrat.

I think they say no more than 2 teaspoons a day as otherwise the extra salt could affect water retention, but 1 semi-heaped spoon is enough for a huge mug - with a few top ups of hot water - all of which counts towards your 3+ litres a day;).

It's just vegetable flavoured, but you may want to double check there's no animal derived filler in it:jelous:, but I would be pretty surprised if there is.

I really don't know what I'd have done without it over the past few weeks - I sometimes have it in a bowl at lunchtime with the children so it looks (and feels) like I'm having a proper lunch with them.

Just re-read my post - I'd like to point out I don't put the children in the bowl with the soup.....

....You know what I mean though:D

This is ACES - I love that stuff but hate the CD Soups (im on tetra chocs all the time)

Gonna look for some tomorrow

Oops! Sorry I was too late, Tiffers. Egg salad will be fine - good protein and low-fat, but still not officially condoned by They Who Must Be Obeyed. (I've been recommending it to veggies for years though....)

But my advice about protein rather than salad still stands for anyone who is stuck without their portions.

Back