Salmon Fillet points?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Queries' started by Sneeze, 9 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    I've just checked the salmon fillets using the calculator on the ww site and it's said each 110g fillet of salmon is 4 points. That seemed pretty reasonable to me (thats frozen btw).

But when I checked online it said each one was 6 points for an average Asda salmon fillet. Granted it's not the same type I'm cooking with but surely salmon is a pretty standard thing?

I'm really confused now since there's very little to this salmon and if it's 13 points now it's not really worth having...Its Tesco Frozen Salmon.

Its coming out as 4 (each fillet)points at:

24.7 protein
    0.1 carbs
    4.3 fat
    0 fibre

How can there be such a big difference in this salmon, coming out at 4 points each and an Asda salmon fillet of the same weight coming in at 6 points?

I'm a bit confused...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shrinkingalice

shrinkingalice Silver Member

Start Weight:
    25st0.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(21.71%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    the only reason i can think of is that its the way the salmon in prepared before it is frozen, and packed. they might add things that other companies dont etc

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.