Saltdog's Magic Shrinking Formula

Hi there,

Ive just really enjoyed reading your diary so far. Hope youre not too dispirited by the pound thats crept back on this week...looks like you know where it came from so could avoid it next week. Mind you the whoopie pies sounded yummy! sorry, that probably doesnt help!!

going to look at the chicken teryaki recipe you recommeded ..I'm new to the plan so its good to see what other people are enjoying :D

Hi there,

Ive just really enjoyed reading your diary so far. Hope youre not too dispirited by the pound thats crept back on this week...looks like you know where it came from so could avoid it next week. Mind you the whoopie pies sounded yummy! sorry, that probably doesnt help!!

going to look at the chicken teryaki recipe you recommeded ..I'm new to the plan so its good to see what other people are enjoying :D
Thanks for the kind words piX128 and welcome to the plan. I hope you're enjoying it so far. I think it's a great plan and it really works. I shouldn't really post my graph and weekly progress within my signature probably. Well, at least not since I started in December. The fact that I gained so much over Christmas is making the overall results seem less impressive. If you take my first week as the 3rd of January, I've lost a very respectable 6lbs in 3 weeks. I truly believe if I'd been a bit more strict over the last week I would have lost more.

Anyhoo, every pound gained is an extra motivation point to do better next time. I don't let the gains get me down for too long. In a way, it makes it almost seem like a challenge if that makes sense? I will lose weight next week and I intend it to be a big loss to make up for this week. I still have 12lbs to go to make my Valentines day challenge. 4lbs a week isn't going to be easy but the best things in life never are. ;)

are you having your hexb? and maybe some salady type stuff with dinner would bump up the superfree but you could probably get around that depending on what's in the chicken teriaki, but other than that it looks great for ee :D

loving your determination to do better this week, hope you have a fantastic 100% week x

Thanks for the kind words piX128 and welcome to the plan. I hope you're enjoying it so far. I think it's a great plan and it really works. I shouldn't really post my graph and weekly progress within my signature probably. Well, at least not since I started in December. The fact that I gained so much over Christmas is making the overall results seem less impressive. If you take my first week as the 3rd of January, I've lost a very respectable 6lbs in 3 weeks. I truly believe if I'd been a bit more strict over the last week I would have lost more.

Anyhoo, every pound gained is an extra motivation point to do better next time. I don't let the gains get me down for too long. In a way, it makes it almost seem like a challenge if that makes sense? I will lose weight next week and I intend it to be a big loss to make up for this week. I still have 12lbs to go to make my Valentines day challenge. 4lbs a week isn't going to be easy but the best things in life never are. ;)

Do you drink lots of wateR? I find my biggest losses are on the weeks I remember to drink lots! x

are you having your hexb? and maybe some salady type stuff with dinner would bump up the superfree but you could probably get around that depending on what's in the chicken teriaki, but other than that it looks great for ee :D

loving your determination to do better this week, hope you have a fantastic 100% week x
Thanks for your response EM. Yes, I have 2 slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf every morning for my breakfast as my HexB.

I do try to eat more salad but I don't really have an issue with filling up to be honest. My portion control is generally 2/3 free food and 1/3 fresh air (incredibly healthy stuff!!). I do eat fruit after most meals as well so that counts I guess. X

Do you drink lots of wateR? I find my biggest losses are on the weeks I remember to drink lots! x
Hi Katie,

Thanks for the response. I normally drink a glass of water with every meal. Glass size usually being a pint. Maybe I should be drinking more? I'll bear that in mind and drink like a fish for the next week! X

Hi Katie,

Thanks for the response. I normally drink a glass of water with every meal. Glass size usually being a pint. Maybe I should be drinking more? I'll bear that in mind and drink like a fish for the next week! X

I try to drink about 2 litres a day, sometimes more, sometimes less but usually try and stick to at least a litre. Guess it just helps my body process all the ick out of it! :p Maybe try drinking lots and see if it does affect it? You could also try looking at the fruit and veg you're eating as even though theyre superfree things like bananas, grapes, peas and sweetcorn are really high in natural sugar, so you could try swapping them for fairly low sugar ones? Clutching at straws a bit but I like to experiment week to week to see what affects my weight loss!

Also make sure you use your syns!!! I find myself sts/gaining when I use little/no syns

Bit of a long one there! Apologies!
Katie xx

I try to drink about 2 litres a day, sometimes more, sometimes less but usually try and stick to at least a litre. Guess it just helps my body process all the ick out of it! :p Maybe try drinking lots and see if it does affect it? You could also try looking at the fruit and veg you're eating as even though theyre superfree/free things like bananas, grapes, peas and sweetcorn are really high in natural sugar, so you could try swapping them for fairly low sugar ones? Clutching at straws a bit but I like to experiment week to week to see what affects my weight loss!

Also make sure you use your syns!!! I find myself sts/gaining when I use little/no syns

Katie xx

I try to drink about 2 litres a day, sometimes more, sometimes less but usually try and stick to at least a litre. Guess it just helps my body process all the ick out of it! :p Maybe try drinking lots and see if it does affect it? You could also try looking at the fruit and veg you're eating as even though theyre superfree/free things like bananas, grapes, peas and sweetcorn are really high in natural sugar, so you could try swapping them for fairly low sugar ones? Clutching at straws a bit but I like to experiment week to week to see what affects my weight loss!

Katie xx
Don't worry about giving me a long reply Katie. It's great advice. I'm just back from lunch and have eaten a nice bowl of tuna and sweetcorn pasta. I also drank another pint of water (first one with breakfast) so that's at least a litre today anyway.

I find that my Syns are usually taken up by additions to my meals rather than snacks. Things like Flora on my toast or just now at lunch, I had a couple of tbsp of salad cream and mayo in my pasta to make it tasty. So, I'll be on 5 today anyway. I don't feel the need to snack at night or anything like that just to use up Syns.

I know where I went wrong last week so I can just try and fix it by not doing what I did wrong then. If I see another loss next week I'll no exactly what my problem was - whoopie pies, beer and wine! Lol. X

Don't worry about giving me a long reply Katie. It's great advice. I'm just back from lunch and have eaten a nice bowl of tuna and sweetcorn pasta. I also drank another pint of water (first one with breakfast) so that's at least a litre today anyway.

I find that my Syns are usually taken up by additions to my meals rather than snacks. Things like Flora on my toast or just now at lunch, I had a couple of tbsp of salad cream and mayo in my pasta to make it tasty. So, I'll be on 5 today anyway. I don't feel the need to snack at night or anything like that just to use up Syns.

I know where I went wrong last week so I can just try and fix it by not doing what I did wrong then. If I see another loss next week I'll no exactly what my problem was - whoopie pies, beer and wine! Lol. X

I feel that! Jack Daniels is a weakness I indulge in (not too much, but enough to be naughty syns wise!) every now and again! That or a large rosé!

When is your weigh in day? xx

I feel that! Jack Daniels is a weakness I indulge in (not too much, but enough to be naughty syns wise!) every now and again! That or a large rosé!

When is your weigh in day? xx
Ah JD. That would be my drink of choice if I was out too. At 3 Syns per 25ml though, it's definitely not the worst. I rarely drink it in the house though even though I've got a couple of bottles in the cupboard.

My weigh in day is Tuesday. For no other reason than it was the day I started on Slimming World Online. X

You diary is looking gd!! Its good you have got your xmas gain off. You will be flying along to your next mini target in no time and your small blip this week will be forgotten about!!

Last edited:
Ah JD. That would be my drink of choice if I was out too. At 3 Syns per 25ml though, it's definitely not the worst. I rarely drink it in the house though even though I've got a couple of bottles in the cupboard.

My weigh in day is Tuesday. For no other reason than it was the day I started on Slimming World Online. X

Rather tasty isn't it! I am pleased it has a low syn value but I know when i'm out it would lead to worse things !! got a bottle at home so stick to one every now and again !

How did your weigh in go today? x

Love your attitude to your wee gain. Always helps if you know what you did wrong.

Onwards & downwards.
Thanks Patsy. At the end of the day, this is a long journey and like every journey it's going to have its ups and downs. No sense in stressing over the gains. Just accept them, move on and make sure they number lower than the losses. Celebrate all those losses no matter how small. Right now, even with the Syn-binge which was Christmas, the losses are beating the gains by 2lbs. It's not a huge number and I've lost more in a week but it's a number in the right direction! I can only keep trying to increase that number now. One week at a time. X

You diary is looking gd!! Its good you have got your xmas gain off. You will be flying along to your next mini target in no time!!
Thanks Bubblensqueak. It was great to get the Christmas gain off so quickly. It gave me a boost of motivation when I needed it.

Not sure about flying to my next mini target though. 12lbs in 3 weeks is a big ask no matter how hard I try. It's still what I'm aiming for though. Never say never. X

Rather tasty isn't it! I am pleased it has a low syn value but I know when i'm out it would lead to worse things !! got a bottle at home so stick to one every now and again !

How did your weigh in go today? x
In honesty, even with only 3 Syns a shot, I'd still be way over 15 Syns if I went out for the night and drank nothing but JD and diet coke! This is why I don't really go out much any more. That and the fact that my memory was getting steadily worse! Possibly a natural defence mechanism once people start telling me the kinds of things I get up to!! Lol.

I gained 1lb this morning Katie. Not the end of the world but not something to be taken lightly either. It's a prod in the back to try harder over the next week. What about yourself? When do you hit the scales? X

In honesty, even with only 3 Syns a shot, I'd still be way over 15 Syns if I went out for the night and drank nothing but JD and diet coke! This is why I don't really go out much any more. That and the fact that my memory was getting steadily worse! Possibly a natural defence mechanism once people start telling me the kinds of things I get up to!! Lol.

I gained 1lb this morning Katie. Not the end of the world but not something to be taken lightly either. It's a prod in the back to try harder over the next week. What about yourself? When do you hit the scales? X

You and me both! I tend to drink doubles, so three and i'd already be over syns! Never good! I don't really head out much, only once since i've been back at uni (since september), and then my 21st in December. I would much rather have something nice to eat with syns rather than a couple drinks! (is that bad?)

Sorry to hear about the gain, 1lb isn't bad though, good that its motivated you to try hard this week though :D I weigh on Thursday mornings, had a cheeky scale jump which is showing -3 at the mo, but i've been sick etc so i'm guessing its going to be from that! Need to get back onto plan strictly! Starting to become lazy with certain aspects of it!
xxx

that's the spirit...and I'd sort of ignored your Xmas blip as Im sure I'd have been the same if Id started before xmas too!

I see you live in orkney - Im very envious. I had a holiday in the highlands and Skye this year ( and we waved to the Orkneys from the top of scotland too I think? ) and I was blown away by the beauty. Got some amazing photographs and only a few midge bites in getting them lol . I also got some Sheila Fleet jewellery and I believe she's from your part of the world too.

x

Back