Sam's Diary

thats the way to do it :) treat with new clothes. I'm not wasting money on underwear that poor oh never gets to see I'd rather buy a new coat that everyone gets to see ;) am I evil?
Ha ha nope!

Great to buy lovely little treats. Does the HRM work for weights. I swear I can eat more when I'm using my weights so must burn some calories there. x

Great to buy lovely little treats. Does the HRM work for weights. I swear I can eat more when I'm using my weights so must burn some calories there. x
I don't think it does, I'm not really sure it's possible to count the cals used when lifting, I've read that you burn more of them though and all day, the afterburn or something. So yeah I agree you can set more when you've done weights. Bonus!

Morning all! Feeling positive again today, had a sneaky weigh in and it's looking good, so even though I've had chocolate over the weekend, I must've stayed below my TDEE. Toying with the idea of doing two fast days this week, tomorrow and Thursday but we'll see. Going to the gym for a kettle bell class then weights then a bit of a run, not looking forward to the run because I haven't done it for ages, it'll probably kill me! Hope everyone has a good day!

Awe good luck with the gym Sam :) as for the choc cake you've probably boosted your metabolism and so you'll see a whoosh when back on track. I need to go back to my dairy and stay there today because I'm finding myself telling people to eat naughty and that's not on...I am a bad person. Did you enjoy it though? :)

Hope your class and run went well i was surprsingly ok with run yesterday x

Sorry to butt in but I'm wondering how you manage to do low carb and intense exercise...This has always been . my stumbling block...i like low carb but find it affects my running :(

I do carb cycling so do more on the high carb days and my low carb a're around 50 carbs so i never feel tired with diet

I need to start being more active myself, so admire you for sticking with your gym routine, Sam! I hope the run went well.

Awe good luck with the gym Sam :) as for the choc cake you've probably boosted your metabolism and so you'll see a whoosh when back on track. I need to go back to my dairy and stay there today because I'm finding myself telling people to eat naughty and that's not on...I am a bad person. Did you enjoy it though? :)

I've seen others mention the whoosh but don't quite understand how it works. Does having an occasional cheat day actually help promote weight loss?

I need to start being more active myself, so admire you for sticking with your gym routine, Sam! I hope the run went well.

I've seen others mention the whoosh but don't quite understand how it works. Does having an occasional cheat day actually help promote weight loss?

Yes it it does and if you time your cheat with a really good work out you are quids in with energy and good results. Think of adding fuel to the fire, it will burn longer than just leaving it to fizzle out.

Sorry to butt in but I'm wondering how you manage to do low carb and intense exercise...This has always been . my stumbling block...i like low carb but find it affects my running :(
I didn't exercise when I was low carbing, it wasn't untill I added a few carbs in that I started

Thanks Goldi, wish I could have a whoosh every week!

So yesterday went well, I really enjoyed the gym and the food that I ate. I was planning on doing a fast day today (500 cals) but i woke up with a terrible cold so I don't think I'll be able to survive on just 500 cals today! went for a quick bike ride before with Robbie just to test out his seat, It was really fun but a bit scary having someone on the back of me! We'll go for a long ride tomorrow down the coast road, get a few calories burnt!

Oh no, sorry to hear you're poorly. Glad you are enjoying your exercise :)

500 Cals is low Sam. Make sure you take of yourself if you aren't great

Ref the whoosh after a cheat I'm not sure mine is a whoosh but apparently like carb cycling when you have a treat day if you have a lot of cals in one day then low the best your body is tricked into thinking it still needs to burn the high Cals hence burns mo're.

Hope that cold goes away soon x

I hope you feel better soon, Sam! When I was doing JUDDD nothing threw me off a fasting or low calorie day quicker than feeling run down. Maybe get some extra vitamin c and try to rest as much as your schedule allows? Take care!

500 Cals is low Sam. Make sure you take of yourself if you aren't great

Ref the whoosh after a cheat I'm not sure mine is a whoosh but apparently like carb cycling when you have a treat day if you have a lot of cals in one day then low the best your body is tricked into thinking it still needs to burn the high Cals hence burns mo're.

Ohh, very interesting. That's good to know. With Mother's Day coming up I've been wondering what to do. We always go to a buffet for lunch so I've been trying to decide whether to try to stick with the induction diet or have a cheat meal. I figured even if I tried to be good, since there's no way of knowing how things are prepared I'd likely wind up exceeding my daily carb limit anyway. Maybe I ought to do it on purpose just to see if I get a whoosh. :D

So I ended yesterday on 943 cals, don't think I'll ever be able to do 500 cals but surely under 1000 a couple of times a week will have some impact on my weight? Anyway still got a cough and cold today, wish it would bugger off! It looks quite grey outside so we're going out for a bike ride now just incase it rains later, I'd like to burn 500 cals, I'll be happy with that. Will catch up with diaries when I get back .

I thought that about 500 cal days but for me the trick is not to eat until the evening. As soon as I eat I want more so I keep myself distracted til 5 or 6pm, then eat a decent sized meal for 500 cal.

Back