Sander's Dukan Diary

Brilliant loss, well done!

My husband did Dukan with me (eventually) when he'd decided he was getting a bit fat (trousers weren't fitting!) It made life so much easier but I still beat him to conso - haha (he wasn't pleased;)). But he has kept the weight off easier (he doesn't do PP days) and if he does gain (over Christmas - like me) it is gone within days (unlike me).

Good luck to him.:D

Wow well done you!! Great to get a good number off after that little blip.

I really fancy some rhubarb now after all those yummy ideas :D

PV day today - Had sauerkraut, carrots, and left over pork roast - with mustard for lunch. It was yummy- hopefully doesn't bring back the water retention, but I hadn't had sauerkraut in ages and it sounded so good when I walking through the store yesterday!

Well done, knew you'd lose well this week! But...butterflies and shrug lifts? Help me, describe them as I obviously need to do them to re-inflate! (I sound like a car tyre!)

I work out with light dumbbells, I'm a wimp but getting stronger again. If you are wimpy like me you can start with absolutely no weight, then use various household items to give you resistance, tins of tomatoes work well :) if you don't have weights in the house. You can also use resistance bands if you prefer.

Butterflies - arms out to your sides, bent up at right angles at the elbows, palms forward - press inward using your elbows - even with no weight you should feel the muscle that attaches your arms and pectorals tautening. I do 3 sets of 15 - so 15 times, rest 30 seconds, 15 times repeat - twice a day :)

Shrugs - Put some weight in each hand, stand up straight, best posture :) Raise and lower your shoulders slowly and intentionally. 3 sets, 15 times each - twice a day

It takes less than 5 minutes, can be done wherever you are at - and builds and firms up the muscles that support the knockers, so it helps them look better.

Thanks, sounds like I have a new use for my tins of chopped tomatoes!!

Target day reached - 1 pound over still. But pretty happy :) Not switching to conso yet, my mental state isn't right.... Will keep on cruising with my DH for another 3 weeks

That's a good idea, you'll be supporting him and you need to make sure you are mentally ready. Well done, you have done amazingly well and I'm looking forward to reading how you find Conso when you do go on it. How is your hubby finding Dukan at the minute?

well done on your loss so far and good on you for supporting hubby :D

Sigh, we've got another virus going through our house and have all been miserably sick. DH gave up on dukan when I quit cooking :) But he had already lost 8 pounds so he doesn't have far to go - just with the virus I think he has probably lost another 3, but he hasn't gotten on the scale.

Whee - below target! Getting the cold pushed me over the edge I guess :) Still feeling crummy, so hopefully when I get better I will enjoy the success and not gain it all back!

Congrats on reaching target!!! Hope you are all better v soon so you can enjoy your wonderful achievement x

Hope your all feeling better - such a lot of nasty stuff about

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm back! No longer sickly and feeling much stronger :) Made the switch over to conso, and had a stay the same week. I am enjoying having a piece of fruit back in my diet and the small piece of whole grain bread has also been a nice return to the menu. For my gala dinner I had tenderloin steak, portabello mushrooms, steamed broccolli, fresh raspberry compote, and a small whole wheat roll. The rest of the week I just did PV + 1 fruit + 1 extra tablespoon of oatbran :). I alternated between an apple, a grapefruit, and a bowl of blueberries. So I am taking baby steps, but I am feeling really good!

That's fab :D

So far I'm having a good time in conso. I am not gaining - I actually seem to have dropped a pound this week. I am focusing on keeping exercise going and not giving in to temptation. The junk food cravings are still there - they were pretty much gone during cruise - now they have returned - but I recognize them and don't just give in and eat whatever I fancy at the moment :)

I think I'm starting to understand the whole gala meal - it helps you to deal with all those craving by having a time to eat some of those dishes that you miss while still keeping control of your food life - I haven't had mine for this week yet - I think I shall plan it for this evening (I need to hit the shops after work anyways) - then go into PP Thursday <LOL>

Let us know what you have sander - I love hearing about all the lovely food in conso knowing I can have it one day!! I worry about keeping it to a "gala meal" and not letting it become a "gala day"...!!

I've been gone a while, sorry friends :) I am still maintaining and fluctuate about 3 pounds a month. I am getting ready for my first 5K run at the end of the month and am eating pretty boring foods. My digestive issues stay in check if I only eat proteins, vegetables and small amounts of fruit. If I add in whole carbs like whole wheat bread, brown rice, legumes I feel really sickly, so I keep them off the menu except for the occasional gala meal. (Which I then regret as my intestines go into revolt)

I think Dukan allowed me to identify food sensitivities that I have had all along that made me prone to weight gain. Or maybe its all in my head:D I hate going to the doctor, so I would rather just avoid foods that make me feel ill than go in for all sorts of tests. Makes it easier for me to keep the weight off as well.

Hope everyone is sticking to the Duakn plan, it has been the easiest, most successful diet that I have ever tried, I don't plan on ever doing another one :bliss:

Back