SaraC's Pescetarian Diary (SW & WW)

Arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I WI this morning and put 1.5lb on :mad: I am SOOOOOO pee'd off!! The only thing I can think of is that usually I use the majority of my syns at the weekend and then reduce them for the week but this week I hardly used any at the weekend but used them mostly during the week? Or maybe my 35 syns I budgeted for Wednesday wasn't enough? Either way I am not happy, I have hit another plateau and REALLY don't want to do another Red Week, they don't seem to go with Winter Weather!! :cry:

Glad you enjoyed Mr Bublé Sara...still sooo jealous...I love him too!

Good luck for WI. I put on 0.5lbs :( can't complain though...I had one flexi syn day and it's * week...4 weeks til Egypt now...I reeaallly want to lose...I don't think SW is for me anymore...xx

Hey lovely!

I am feeling the same, either I am just going to have to accept my weight being what it is or try really hard next week and if I only lose the 1.5lb that has been pestering me for a few weeks or gain maybe try WW for a bit?

Have you tried WW?

We decided to have a curry for tea last night and got the full works, starter and main, it was delicious!!

Tonight (Sat) Hubby is out gigging with his friend at the pub so I am going to get myself some SW snacky food and have a few bits to eat whilst watching X Factor, going to put a facemask on and paint my nails and have a nice night to myself!!

Friday 8th October - Green Day

Breakfast: 2 Pieces Wholemeal Bread from 400g loaf (HEB) with 2 LCEL Triangles (HEA) and Vegemite

Lunch: Batchelors Macaroni Cheese Pasta N Sauce (1.5 syns) with 2 Quorn Fillets

Tea: 2 Onion Bhajis (17 syns), King Prawn Dhansak (6 syns + HEB), Small amount of Pilau Rice (1.5 syns), Small amount of Chapati (3 syns)

Drinks: Diet Coke, Diet Lemonade, Tea

HEA: 2 LCEL Triangles/125 ml SS Milk

HEB: 2 Pieces wholemeal bread from 400g loaf, King Prawns

Superfree foods: None :eek:

Syns: 2 Onion Bhajis (17 syns),
King Prawn Dhansak (6 syns + HEB), Small amount of Pilau Rice (1.5 syns), Small amount of Chapati (3 syns)
Batchelors Pasta n Sauce Macaroni Cheese (1.5 syns)

Total Syns: 29 syns

Leftover syns: 76/105 syns

Meal Ideas for this week:

Vegetable Omelette and Sweet Potato Mash
Spicy Quorn Casserole
Mushroom Risotto
Quorn Burgers, SW Wedges and Beans
Quorn Chilli & Rice
Quorn Peppered Steaks, Roast Veg & Gravy
Shepherds Pie with Carrot & Swede Mash ontop

I am going to try and do a few low carb Green Days mixed with normal Green Days and see how I get on the scales on Friday!

Saturday 9th October - Green Day

Breakfast: 2 Pieces Wholemeal Bread from 400g loaf (HEB) with 2 LCEL Triangles (HEA) and Vegemite

Tea: Prawn Pasta Bake (HEB for Prawns, Pasta, Passata, Chopped tomatoes, Onions, Garlic, 42g Mozzarella on top (HEA) with Quorn Crispy Fillet (3.5 syns)

Drinks: Diet Coke, Vodka & Diet Lemonade (15 syns), Tea

HEA: 2 LCEL Triangles/125 ml SS Milk, 42g Mozzarella

HEB: 2 Pieces wholemeal bread from 400g loaf, Prawns

Superfree foods: Onions, Tomatoes, Passata, Garlic

Syns: Vodka & Diet Lemonade (15 syns),
Quorn Crispy Fillet (3.5 syns)

Total Syns: 18.5 syns

Leftover syns: 57.5/105 syns

Had a nice day today, went to the park with Hubby and Amelie and then off down to see some friends down by the river, a nice relaxing family day!!

Hubby excelled himself with the Quorn Casserole done in the Slow Cooker again tonight, it was delicious!!

Sunday 10th October - Green Day

Brunch: 2 Pieces Wholemeal Bread from 400g loaf (HEB) with 2 LCEL Triangles (HEA) and Vegemite

Tea: Quorn Casserole (Carrots, Celery, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Onions, Garlic, Quorn Pieces, Stock Pot, Chopped Tomatoes)

Dessert: 0% Total Yoghurt with Options White Chocolate (2.5 syns), Meringue Nest (2.5 syns), Raspberries and Pomegranate seeds

Snacks: Halloumi

Drinks: Diet Lemonade, NAS Squash and water

HEA: Halloumi

HEB: 2 Pieces wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (*2)

Superfree foods: Onions, Tomatoes, Garlic, Carrots, Celery, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Raspberries, Pomegranate Seeds

Syns: Meringue Nest (2.5 syns)
White Chocolate Options Sachet (2.5 syns)

Total Syns: 5 syns

Leftover syns: 52.5/105 syns

Monday 11th October - Green Day

Lunch: Leftover Quorn Casserole (Carrots, Celery, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Onions, Garlic, Quorn Pieces, Stock Pot, Chopped Tomatoes)

Tea: 2 Quorn Burgers (1 syn), SW Potato Wedges, 42g Mozzarella (HEA), Baked Beans and 1 tbsp Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce (1.5 syns)

Snacks: 2 Alpen Light Bars, Sugarsnap Peas, Clementines

Drinks: 2l NAS Squash and water, Diet Coke, Tea (1/2 HEA for SS Milk)

HEA: 2 LCL/125ml SS Milk, 42g Mozzarella

HEB: 2 Pieces wholemeal bread from 400g loaf, 2 Alpen Light Bars

Superfree foods: Onions, Tomatoes, Garlic, Carrots, Celery, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Clementines, Sugarsnap Peas, Baked Beans

Syns: 2 Quorn Burgers (1 syn)
1 tbsp Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce (1.5 syns)

Total Syns: 2.5 syns

Leftover syns: 50/105 syns __________________

I've not been feeling too good lately, I seem to have had this cold forever and have a horrible hacking cough and am generally not hungry, hopefully I should see a good loss on the scales on Friday due to me not using all of my syns!!

Tuesday 12th October - Green Day

Lunch: Salad (Peppers, Watercress, Lettuce, Tomatoes) with Quorn Tikka Sliced Fillets and 1 tbsp Salad Cream Light (2 syns)

Tea: Mushroom Risotto (Oyster & Closed Cup Mushrooms, Onions, Garlic, Arborio Rice, Stockpots)

Snacks: 2 Alpen Light Bars, Clementines, 2 Babybel, Pomegranate Seeds

Drinks: 2l NAS Squash and water, Tea (1/2 HEA for SS Milk)

HEA: 2 LCL/125ml SS Milk. 2 Babybel

HEB: 2 Pieces wholemeal bread from 400g loaf, 2 Alpen Light Bars

Superfree foods: Onions, Garlic, Peppers, Tomatoes, Lettuce, Watercress, Oyster Mushrooms, Closed Cup Mushrooms Clementines, Pomegranate Seeds

Syns: 1 tbsp Salad Cream Light (2 syns)

Total Syns: 2 syns

Leftover syns: 48/105 syns

Hello :)

Not been on here muchly recently and just reading up on your diary. How you doing? Hope you feel better soon :( xxx

Wednesday 13th October - Green Day

Lunch: Uncle Ben's Mexican Rice (3 syns) with 1 tbsp Reggae Reggae Sauce (1.5 syns), Fruit Cocktail (Melon, Watermelon, Mango, Grapes)

Tea: Quorn Chilli cooked with 1tbsp Olive OIl (HEB) (Quorn Mince, Tomatoes, Passata, Mushrooms, Onions, Garlic, Cajun Extra Spicy Powder, Hot Chilli Powder and Chilli Flakes) served with Long Grain Rice and 4 Pieces Garlic Bread (15 syns)

Snacks: Clementines, 2 Babybel (HEA)

Drinks: 2l NAS Squash and water, Tea (1/2 HEA for SS Milk), Diet Coke

HEA: 2 LCL/125ml SS Milk. 2 Babybel

HEB: 2 Pieces wholemeal bread from 400g loaf, 1 tbsp Olive Oil

Superfree foods: Onions, Garlic, Tomatoes, Closed Cup Mushrooms Clementines, Melon, Watermelon, Grapes, Mango, Passata

Syns: 1 tbsp Reggae Reggae Sauce (1.5 syns)
Uncle Bens Spicy Mexican Rice (3 syns)
4 Pieces Garlic Bread (15 syns)
Total Syns: 19.5 syns

Leftover syns: 28.5/105 syns __________________

Hello :)

Not been on here muchly recently and just reading up on your diary. How you doing? Hope you feel better soon :( xxx

Heyy!! I'm ok thanks, still not feeling 100% but I am sure I'll be ok!! I am off out tomorrow night with the people I work with so I am looking forward to that, a 3 Course Meal and then out for drinks afterwards, should be good.

I am seriously thinking that if the results don't show on the scales on Friday I am going to do WW for a few weeks. I think I might have become too used to SW and having to think differently with regards to food would be nice!! I have been snooping around on the WW forum and have worked out how many Points I could have etc so I am seriously thinking about it!!

How are you getting on?? xx

Arghh! I have forgotten what I ate on Thursday but I think it was about 18 syns, which took me down to 10 left.

I WI yesterday morning and got back down to 10st 10.5lb. I have decided to do WW from tomorrow (Sunday) for a few weeks to see if I can lose my 10.5lb and get to target. I am looking forward to getting my head into another plan and eating different things.

I will keep my diary here though if that's ok?

I am having a night off today (Saturday), my Husband has gone out to his friends Stag Do so I am going to treat myself and order a pizza!!! Looking forward to sitting in on my own and watching X Factor with the pizza and Diet Ginger Beer!!!

Hey,

Just thought I would pop in and say Hi! I am starting Weightwatchers from today on my own. I have worked out I can have 19 points per day although I need to try and save some up (you can carry over no more than 4 per day) as we are off to our friends next Saturday for a meal and drinks!

So far I have used 3.5 points on a big bowl (60g) of Cheerios with milk which made a nice change from toast all of the time!! I will update my diary properly tonight though! I am looking forward to eating different things!!

Just to let you know, when your working out the points you need to work it out as the serving, not 30g and then doubled, so 30g of cheerios is 1.5 BUT if you have 60g is goes up to 3.5 because how WW round things, so your cheerios would be 4 in total with your milk. So like, if your gonna have to slices of bread it's 1.5, or two yogurts it's 1.5, but if you just have one it's 0.5. For some things it works in the opposite direction though, for example, 25ml of vodka is 1 point, but 50ml of vodka is only 1.5 not 2.5.

Basically, work it out as the whole of what you've eaten, not a fraction of the portion multiplied.

Hope i've explained it clealry xx

Ahh thanks Allie, that's really useful!! :D

Sunday 17th October - 1st day of Weightwatchers

Breakfast: 60g Cheerios with 1/4 pt Milk (4 points)

Lunch: 1 WW Bagel (2 points) with 40g Philly Light (0.5 point), 1 slice of Quorn Ham style stuff (0.5 pt), bag of Velvet Crunch (1 point) and Sugarsnap Peas (0 points) = 4 points

Tea: 2 Tesco Value Wraps (3 points), with 1/4 pack Quorn Pieces (1.5 points) with mushrooms, onions, peppers, chillies and tomatoes and 1/2 packet Ainsley Harriott Cous Cous (3 points) and 1 tbsp Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce (0.5 points) = 8 points

Snacks: 2 Jumbo Caramel Snack a Jacks (1.5 points)

Total Points used: 17.5 points
Total Points Remaining: 1.5 points
Points carried over: 1.5 points

Last edited:
Good luck with your WW journey Sara :) looks kinda complicated to me and my SW brain :rolleyes: x

Thanks Linzi, there is a section over on the WW bit to tell you how many points you can have. One of my friends on Facebook is a WW Leader too and she said she will give me some help and support too (she is based in the West Mids so I can't go to her groups!) so I hope I can lose some more weight!

I have enjoyed today, I probably spent too many points on my breakfast and lunch but enjoyed having the 2 Snack a Jacks to mop up some of my points after my tea!! :D

Well I just thought I would stop by with a little update. As I posted earlier on in the week, I have been feeling really rubbish with a horrible cough which isn't productive, yesterday I started feeling tight-chested and short of breath so I got an appointment with the Out of Hours GP who diagnosed mild pneumonia!! :eek::eek::eek: So I am off work, lying in bed trying to keep warm, with antibiotics to take which look like horse pills!!

I am going to try and stay on plan but as I didn't wake up until 10am this morning I had my breakfast late so I don't know whether I will use all of my points today, I made a pan of BNS and Sweet Potato soup last night (I have pointed the red lentils and sweet potatoes in it at 3 per portion) so I am hoping to be able to have a bowl of that a bit later on.

It's typical of me, I never really get "normal" ill, it always has to be something unusual with me!! :p

Try and get some 0 point veggies in Girly ;) Other than that, looking good! xx

I forgot to put in that I had tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers and chillies with my fajita's so I will go and update the diary now!! :)

Monday 18th October - Weightwatchers

Breakfast: 60g Cheerios with 1/4 pt Milk (4 pts)

Lunch: Sweet Potato, BNS and Lentil Soup (3 pts), made with Sweet Potato, BNS, 50g Lentils, Onions, Garlic and Stock Cube. With 3 pieces WW Malted Danish (1.5 pts), a bag of Velvet Crunch (1 pt) and Jumbo Caramel Snack a Jack (0.5 pts) = 6 pts

Tea: Birds Eye Pollock in Bag (5 pts) with loads of 0 pt Roast Veg (Peppers, Mushrooms, Garlic, Onions, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Tomatoes) = 5 pts

Snacks: Iced Gems (1.5 pts)

Total Points used: 15 pts
Total Points Remaining: 2.5 pts
Points carried over: 4 pts

Back