Sarah83's New Diary

Hi,
I find that I can only make very thin quiches with cottage cheese. I always put mushrooms, bacon and cheese. Maybe the grated cheese helps everything stick together. I used to love them when I did slimming world first time round but I'm not really enjoying it this time...Much prefer my real homemade one with shortcrust pastry and cream...and 100 syns probably :(!

I used to love them when I did slimming world first time round but I'm not really enjoying it this time...Much prefer my real homemade one with shortcrust pastry and cream...and 100 syns probably :(!

Mmmm... you can't beat a real Quiche Lorraine, last time I had a proper one was at Cafe Rouge about 2 years ago I think!!
I think I'm going to stay away from them now, will stick to Spanish Omelettes and Frittatas instead I think as they tend to stay together and are delish cold!

Found you :D ...i'm back after a few really bad weeks, new job to look forward to and time to look after me again.
Hope your well
xx

Hi honey, glad to see you're back. Great news on your ebay sales to fund your redecoration!!
And fab fab news on your new job! I found out last month I'm going to be made redundant at the end of next year, so am stuck in limbo at the moment as it would have to be a very good job offer to persuade me to leave without my redundancy money!!
Hopefully I'll be lucky like you and find something quickly though... I've just got no idea what that something will be!!

It's funny really, I jumped into this job as soon as I finished uni just to make sure I had any job before finding my 'real' job... yet 6 years later I'm still here !! And I still don't know what I want to do!!

Feel so naughty after yesterday's carb-tastic green day dinner I decided to have!! Gotta love cheesy chips!!

Thursday 23rd September - EE

Breakfast: WM Toast (HEXB) topped with scrambled egg and cherry toms (although I couldn't eat the toms as I burnt my tongue testing the chips last night :mad: is very sore!!)
With 1tsp bertolli light (1syn)

Lunch: Pasta with veggie sauce: garlic, red onion, carrot, green beans, mushrooms, passatta

Dinner: Aaagh Pizza Hut - had half a medium thin crust pizza, with 2 chicken dippers, 4 potatoes skin bits filled with cheese and bacon, and sour cream dip!! Well there goes my 100% week blown

Snacks: Fruit salad (orange, apple, grapes, strawbs), mini stars (3.5syns)

Drinks: 1 coffee with milk from allowance, 3x750ml bottles water

Total Syns: Probably about a weeks worth

Last edited:
Yum love the sound of the cheesy chips and beans, think a green day is coming up real soon now :)

I know, cheesy chips are AMAZING (especially if you save 2 HEX's worth of cheese for it) yum yum
My ultimate comfort food

Confession Time :break_diet:

First a bit of background... yesterday I wore some boots I bought in the Spring which I've only worn a couple of times but were quite painful on the soles of my feet due to the hard sole on the boot.

So yesterday it was forecast to rain, so I put them on thinking it'll be ok as I'm getting a lift too and from work so won't be too much walking and I'll pick up some gel insoles on the weekend. Well... actually that 10mins walk into work really hurt, and then I couldn't have a lift home so had a 10min walk to the station, then a 20min walk home.

I was in AGONY, my feet were on fire and I could barely put any weight on them let alone stand for an hour in the kitchen cooking...

So I was a naughty naughty girl and decided ah well if I can't eat what I'm supposed to eat, why not eat pizza!! So pizza hut it was.

I'm hoping that as it was only one meal in the whole week I should be ok for a loss, and I'm going to be truly angry with myself if I don't lose.

But I've got another potential hurdle tonight - I'm meeting my friend after work (3.30pm) who is 8 months pregnant :eek: and I'm not sure what we're going to do - some shopping, coffee, maybe food? I'm not sure, hopefully if we do go for food it will be somewhere I can pick sensibly off the menu, but trouble is she's a big TGI Friday fan and that's probably the worst place to go for SW friendly food...
Anyway we'll see, fingers crossed it'll all be ok...

Friday 24th September - EE/Green/M2M ??

Breakfast (neutral): WM Toast (HEXB) topped with a fried egg and 1tsp Bertolli light (1syn)

Lunch (green): Veggie pasta (as yesterday)

Dinner: Didn't eat out, just had coffee. Then screwed it up by having a Chinese and drinking about 3/4 bottle wine!!

Snacks: Fruit salad (orange, apple, grapes, strawbs), Haribos (3syns)

Syns: Way too many again

Last edited:
I love the justification for pizza hut!! don't worry about the naughtiness, that's just life and you don't want guilt to ruin such a big treat :)
I find that my feel get really sore if I try and wear heels to acually walk anywhere. I drive to and from work so heels are fine, but I therefore end up wearing higher heels to work than I would dare to wear on a night out! Hope the balls of your feel have stopped aching today - I'm sure the pizza was appropriate medication ;)

Don't worry about tonight either and have fun. It might be the last time you two go for coffe / dinner without a buggy in tow! You can always palm some of your chips (I assume TGIs is a chips-with-everything kind of place but I've never been to one so that might be rubbish...) off on her as baby fuel :)

I thought my Pizza Hut justification was perfectly viable..!???
My feet are much better today in my flatties!!

We're not meeting in Cardiff anymore, we're meeting back home and out of the small number of restaurants I'm pretty sure I can pick something reasonable.

I'd never thought that this will probably be the last time I see her pre-baby!!

Oh... and TGI's is a deep fried, glazed, covered in sour cream, served with chips kind of place!!

Hope you had a good time yesterday and don't worry about Friday night's Pizza, draw a line under it. I'm sure you'll see a loss if you get back on track straight away, that's what flexible syns are for! (I'm also trying to convince myself of that after my night out ;-))

Well I had a wonderful evening - we didn't eat I just had coffee (turned really cold last night so was trying to warm myself up!!)
Then me being the sabateur I am (and hubby being quite tipsy after going out) I decided to order a Chinese and get a bottle of wine to drink!!
Well I feel pretty bad about the last couple of nights, but luckily for me I did manage to lose 1.5lbs this week. I'm sure it would have been more had I stuck to it 100% but I'm happy with the loss.

Here's to week 2!!

Saturday 25th September - EE

Breakfast: Mugshot & banana

Lunch: Went out with my DH and SIL to a local restaurant. Had a chicken cesar salad. Part HEXA for the parmesan and 3.5syns for the dressing (added my own)
Glass of red wine - 6syns

Dinner: Chicken and mushroom pies from the magazine. Served with carrots and green beans (1syn for gravy granules)

Snacks: 4 Rowntrees randoms (2syns) co-op cupcake (4.5syns)

Drinks: Coffee with milk from HexA, diet coke, SF squash

Total Syns: 16.5 so far

Syns remaining for the week: ??/105

Well done for losing 1.5 pounds. It's a good loss and remember, if you want to maintain afterwards you need to have times when you don't follow 100%, that's what life is about.

Thanks guys!!

Well I was not very saintly yesterday...

It was my grandmother-in-law's 80th Birthday party at a local rugby club (her 2nd birthday as we went away to Devon for her actual birthday!)

It was a lovely day and about 60 people were there (all distant relatives and neighbours, I knew 20 of them probably!) complete with buffet and bar.

Now... I was going to be good, but that was before I realised that the Chardonnay on offer was not only quite nice, but it was also £1.50 a glass. So it would have been extremely rude to have not had any. Obviously after a few glasses of Chardonnay, the carrot sticks and celery sticks, and pickled onions didn't seem so appetising on their own so it may have been possible that a couple of samosas, some cheese chunks and a sliver of quiche passed my lips, oh and I had to eat some birthday cake just to be polite.

On the plus side I didn't end up eating any tea so hopefully my non-saintly buffet lunch isn't so bad if it counts as two meals ;)

Back on track today girls...

Back