Sarah83's New Diary

Stop! I think I feel better for it too though and hopefully it will help us get back on plan for another great stint of weight loss. Surely that's just life to let yourself go a bit mad sometimes??! :)

Totally agree - hopefully it'll give us a bit of a kick-start!
And if we truly want SW to be a way of life not just a diet, we've got to accept that we'll have days off plan.

Christmas is going to be a struggle. My hubby is so excited about it (bless him at 29!!) and wants all sorts of delicious dishes all through xmas - with me cooking them of course!! So I will most probably be having a naughty fortnight over xmas and new year!!
I can't face thinking about it yet, but he's mega-excited as it's the first xmas he's had the whole time off work (off from 23rd Dec to 4th Jan). Am hoping I will be able to get the time off too but my office hasn't approached the subject yet...

Well I did enjoy my success express day yesterday.

Breakfast was easy as was completely neutral anyway, and lunch is pretty much what I'd have had anyway.
Now dinner was ok, but it's when I start doing pasta and rice dishes where I think I'll struggle - I do love a big dish of spaghetti or risotto so going to struggle having a measly 1/3 of a plate of it!!

It's all good though - I just hope it works!!

I made the half syn roulade last night, but added a Belgian choc options to the 'sponge' mix making it 2.5syns in total. It was really good but TBH I could barely taste the choc so I might increase the syns a bit and try it with cocoa next time.
I also filled it with frozen summer fruits (the bargain brand one from Tesco) - first time I've tried them and they were really tasty and so cheap, I think about £1.20 a bag? So I'll definitely be buying them through the winter now the fresh ones are out of season.

Success Express - Day 2

Wednesday 6th October - Success Express

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Tinned tomatoes and Quorn Sausages (all superfree)
1tsp Bertolli light (1syn)

Lunch:
Salad leaves, tomatoes, spring onions (2/3)
Gammon and new potatoes (1/3)
EL Salad cream (1syn)

Dinner:
Spaghetti arrabiatta (onion, garlic, passatta, chilli) (1/3)
Garlic mushrooms, roasted veg (peppers, toms, onion) (2/3)

Snacks: 2 Bananas, Weetabix Oaty Bar (HEXB), 2 apples, mullerlight, Roulade (1syn), Animal biscuits (10syns)

Total Syns: 13

Last edited:
You are SO going to get your 1.5 shiny next WI with all this success express. I am a sucker for massive bowls of pasta and risotto, proper comfort food :) . I think I would find it hard to restrain myself and would carefully build a pile that takes 1/3 of plate space but is about a foot high ;)
Thanks for recommending those frozen fruits too, I read bad things about them being really watery on another thread and haven't tried any yet. But at that price, and superspeed, you can't go wrong :)

I did kinda cheat a bit by putting my potatoes on top of the gammon last night!! But the veg was pretty 'high' too so didn't seem so bad!!!
I love carbs too - which is why I hardly ever do red days, you can't beat a delish bowl of pasta yum

Aagh seem to have eaten loads today!!
Just posted something in the main forum about when people eat, just out of curiosity...
Today I have eaten:
6.30 - Breakfast
9.30 - Banana
10.30 - cereal bar
12.00 - Lunch
1.30 - 2 apples
3.30 - Mullerlight
4.00 - another banana!!

Christ seems like so much yet somehow I'm still hungry!! :eek:

Hmmm.... making me think that 1/3 plate of pasta ain't really going to fill me up tonight!!

Ey up love,
That's honestly not a lot - especially as your snacks are speed and superspeed foods!!

Such a shame about Mexico - but like you say it is all for a good reason and you sound like you are sure it's for the best!

Hope you're well x

Hiya Kat. I am quite gutted about Mexico as we were so looking forward to it and I spent months deciding which hotel to go for, but it's all for the best and we can always go again another time!!

Well my snacking was really good up until last night when I opened up a box of the Christmassy Cadbury's Animal biscuits - they're only 1syn each so though I'll treat myself to a couple... more like 10!!!

At least I was within my syns though phew!!

Dinner was actually ok with just 1/3 of a plate of pasta. I'd made a big tray of roasted veg - peppers, onion, cherry toms, herbs and balsamic. It was really really tasty so didn't mind having loads of this with my pasta!

Last edited:
Success Express Day 3

Thursday 7th October - Success Express

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Cheese (HEXA)
Brown Sauce (0.5syns)

Lunch:
Spaghetti arrabiatta (1/3)
Salad leaves, spring onion, tomatoes (2/3)

Dinner:
Prawn paella (1/3)
BNS chips, roasted veg (2/3)

Snacks/Syns:
Banana, apple, muller, Coffeemate (1syn), animal biccies (5syns), milkyway mini stars (3.5syns)

Total Syns: 10

Last edited:
I don't think I could let myself buy a box / pack of biscuits as I couldn't stop until the pack was empty :(
It's bad for the environment but I now try and get everything packaged in little allowable portions to stop me going too far.... Clearly doesn't work though as I just have 3 mini chocolate bars in a row!!

I did take out 5 at a time and lo and behold that longlost friend called willpower popped up and stopped me eating the rest.
First time I've seen it in a long time, usually I would have just thought sod it and eaten them all.

Hmm... not sure how long it will last though and it does mean that there are some biccies left though... although DH was ploughing through them too so fingers crossed not that many!

Oooh animal biscuits! Not had them in ages. Know what you mean about Christmas. I don't have a sweet tooth, so ok on the chocolate side. But when the tub of Pringles comes out....all hell breaks loose! Congrats with your loses so far, and with your diet plan this week, your BOUND to lose again!

Thanks hun! I hope I do.
I had a sneaky weigh this morning and I'm up 0.5lbs... but my body does tend to do a wierd thing and end up going up during the week then dropping by the weekend, so fingers crossed still for Saturday (probably just jinxed myself then!!)

Christmas for me is usually an excuse to eat as much as possible of everything but I'm just going to have to try and buy treats which hubby likes and I don't particularly...

Hopefully I will be preggers by then so won't be able to have most of the treats I love: pate, blue cheese, brie, wine, baileys!!
So hopefully my synfulness will be reduced naturally!

OMG I had butternut squash chips for tea and they were scrummy!!!
Just cooked with salt, pepper and garlic salt

Had some bargains from Lidl on the way home.
Got a huge BNS for 59p (although managed to have half of it in chips tonight), plus I bought some gorgeous little squashes - one looks like a mini pumpkin. They were only 94p for 2 - I think I'll make a tasty soup with them...

My weight can fluctuate by around 2-3lbs as the day goes along, and from one day to the next! It's very strange, but quite amusing! Mmmm butternut squash! Got mine from Aldi, 69p i think. I cook it with S&P too, really rather nice! A bit too nice you may say...!

BNS is delish... and amazing it's superfree as it's as filling as potato imo.
Unfortunately I can't get to an Aldi which is a shame as I know they do really good fruit and veg deals. Never mind will have to stick to Lidl for my bargains!

Your menus are great, I'm sure you'll lose this week. For the past 2 weeks I've done a little experience and weighed myself several times before the actual weigh in in class (well, it's more that I am a little obsessed!). Both weeks, I've gained weight in about 2 hours, from the moment I get back home from work to the time just before going to class (up to a pound difference). I couldn't understand why and I was gutted (I obviously hadn't eaten since lunch) when my husband asked me how much I had been drinking since I got back from work...And then I realised: because I was hungry but not wanting to eat I had drunk rather a lot of water, which was basically the weight I had "gained" since getting home!
I find as well I swell up overnight if I eat something too salty the night before!
Anyway, enjoy your butternut squash :)

Hmm... interesting thoughts. As I WI at home, I'm lucky because I can do it first thing in the morning - takes away the whole eating/drinking before dilemma! I think I'd fret so much otherwise!!

Well my sneaky WI this morning (oh why do I do this!!) shows that I'm down to 14st4... (and a new shiny fingers crossed)
So hopefully will maintain or even lose more by tomorrow... if I manage to get down to 14st3 I get my club 10 so here's hoping...

Success Express - Day 4

Friday 8th October - Success Express

Breakfast:
Boiled eggs
WM Toast soldiers
Bertolli light (2syns)
Marmite

Lunch:
Nothing - went out to chat to our office xmas party venue and wasn't that hungry when I came back,plus had a stinking headache

Dinner:
Oops - wine and curry

Snacks: 2 x bananas, muller, weetabix oaty bar (HEXB)

Total Syns: Too many!!

Last edited:
I also weigh in at home in the morning, else i would probably starve myself pre weigh in! But i do have sneaky weigh ins during the week. I know i fluctuate wildly, so don't worry about it too much, until Tuesday morning! Mmm Birdseye Salmon - so tasty, so 0 syns!

Back