Sarah83's New Diary

Monday 27th September - EE

Breakfast: WM Toast (HEXB) topped with 2 Laughing cow light triangles (part HEXA) and sliced cherry toms

Lunch: Turkey and pasta salad

Dinner: SF Spaghetti Bolognese topped with parmesan (part HEXA)
3 syns for chorizo and ketchup added to the sauce

Snacks/Syns: Milk for coffee (part HEXA), Banana, strawberries, apple, cadbury light mousse (3syns), co-op cup cake (4.5syns)

Total Syns: 10.5

Total Syns remaining for the week: 39.5/50
Calculated on 10syns per day from today to Friday after my non-saintly weekend

Last edited:
You've had a great loss this week so I'm sure a few nibbles won't hurt. After all, how often does a grandmother-in-law turn 80?? Well, twice apparently, but still, that's not very often ;) :)

I know - we were joking she was like the Queen with 2 birthdays!!
She really enjoyed herself and had about 10 bunches of flowers lined up which people had given her!!

Edited - what I actually had while away in Leeds with work

Tuesday 28th September - Green (changed from M2M as was starving when I got home)

Breakfast: cheese (HEXA) and spring onion omelette with baked beans

Lunch : WM bread sandwich (HEXB) with ham salad (2syns for ham??) Orange wedges and red grapes

Dinner: M&S Vegetable sushi (1.5syns??), Weetabix oaty bar (HEXB), mini stars (3.5syns)

Snacks: Muller, French Fries (4syns), melon, apple, 2 mugshots when I got home at 9.30 (was still starving after the first one!)

Total Syns: 11

Last edited:
Thanks girls. It was James's grandmother's bday not mine, don't tend to see mine much as they live so far away!

My MIL tried to scare me saying I needed to put 80 candles on the cake but she was only teasing.
Top tip though - got the cake from Costco. You can have a choice of sponge, filling and icing flavours, and different designs you can personalise. Easily fed 60 people for only £12!!!
AMAZING

Yuk yuk yuk.
My * week has just started...
I am very pleased about this, as I haven't actually had a * week since last year due to the pill I was on.
But I came off my pill on 18th August and started taking pregnacare conceiving tablets last week to try and get my body back into a natural cycle. Well it definately worked!! And this means we can start trying for a baby this month - yay!!

But... I forgot how horrible they feel!!! I woke up this morning and could barely move because of the stomach cramps, and my aching back, and oh how my head was swimming. Took some ibruprofen this morning and feel much better now touch wood.
James said to me - 'are you sure you should go into work?'. Hardly an excuse for a day off sick!!

I also managed to eat a humungous cup cake in work though grrr :mad: (although it was for charity !!)

Wednesday 29th September - Green

Breakfast: WM Bread (HEXB) with bertolli light and marmite - 2syns

Lunch: Tin Heinz spring veg soup (HEXB)

Dinner: SF Veggie curry and rice

Snacks/Syns: HEXA1 for milk in 1 coffee, light Babybells (HEXA2), Ministars (3.5syns), 2xco-op cupcakes (9syns)
Oh... and the huge cupcake which was scrummy and at least 10 syns no doubt

Total syns: 14.5 not including the cupcake

Last edited:
Thanks girls - no I don't think charity cakes do count. Especially when I turned down another 3 offers of more cakes/biscuits after that one!!
Did have a sneaky weigh this morning though and looks like I've put on 1lb :mad:

Not sure if this is to do with it being * week (do you usually put on the same week or the week before/week after?), or just my indulgences on Sunday...
Just hope if I stick to 100% today and tomorrow I might scrape a STS.

Made a gorgeous veggie curry last night, and was really craving it because I was feeling so rough - was really fresh, flavourful and warming.

Basically a concoction of what was left in my fridge: onion, leek, mushrooms, tomatos, broccoli, green beans, carrot, peas, new potatoes, lentils with garlic, ginger, various spices, all cooked with tinned toms, a splash of passatta and some chicken stock, with FF Greek yoghurt stirred in at the end.
Was gorgeous and so filling, with about 3 of my 5 a day in one portion!!

Anyway I made loads so I've put most in the freezer but got a big tub to enjoy in work for lunch today yum!

Last edited:
Thursday 30th September - Green

Breakfast: WM Toast (HEXB) with spaghetti hoops and Cheese (HEXA). 1tsp Bertolli light (1syn)

Lunch: Veggie curry from last night

Dinner: Egg fried rice with garlic, ginger, 5 spice, soy sauce, spring onions, green beans, carrot, water chestnuts, beaten egg
Maybe flavoured with some sweet chilli sauce (1.5syns) or some sesame oil (1-2syns)

Snacks: Weetabix Oaty Bar (HEXB)

Total Syns: 1 so far

Last edited:
Hi Sarah, great news that your cycle is getting regular, good luck with the baby-making, just don't get yourself worked up if you don't fall as quick as you would like to, took paul and i 2 weeks with meg but 7 years with noah! How exciting, keeping fingers crossed for you, even more reason to stick to the plan oh and no alcohol!

A bit delayed I know, but I lost the plot a bit at the weekend!! :p

We've made a decision to cancel our hol to Mexico next year. We were going to do this anyway if we managed to conceive, but have decided to either way.
As I'm losing my job end of next year, that £2000 we had left to pay on the hol would come in far more useful in paying off my credit cards. This does mean we're losing the £350 deposit we paid, but it's better in the long run.

Anyway that hol was my main motivation for losing weight... so I decided to have a few days off on the weekend and indulge in everything I shouldn't indulge in, and have a great time cooking it all too! Including a homemade creamy chicken and leek pie, some multigrain bread, cupcakes, and a stunning roast dinner on Sunday using a Ramsey stuffed pork recipe (with real crackling!!) and stuffing and real roasties!!

Anyway I feel much better for it now, and want to get back on track as I really would rather be slimmer when I'm pregnant!

Good thing is I managed to lose 0.5 lbs on Saturday, and would be pleased with a STS next Saturday, so am employing ** Damage Limitation **!!

So going to try old-style Success Express (from my 4yr old book), principles are:

3 meals a day comprising of:
1/3 of plate foods which are free on one plan (i.e. chicken and rice)
2/3 of plate foods which are superfree (i.e. free on either plan - can include Quorn and eggs)
1 or 2 HEXA's
2 HEXB's
All snacks must be synned, or superfree

4 days of this should hopefully limit some of the damage from the weekend!!

Tuesday 5th October - Success Express

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Tinned plum tomatoes & Quorn sausages (all superfree)
Bertolli light (1syn)

Lunch:
New potatoes (1/3)
Mixed leaves, tomatoes, spring onion, HB egg (2/3)
EL Salad cream (1syn)

Dinner:
Gammon and sauteed new potatoes (1/3)
Green beans, carrots & cauli (2/3)

Snacks: Milk in coffee (HEXA), 1tsp coffee mate for coffee in work (1syn) Mullerlight, banana, 2 x apples, half the 0.5syn roulade made with Belgian choc options and filled with frozen summer fruits (1.5syns), 5xM&S mints (0.5syns)

Total Syns: 5

Last edited:
a homemade creamy chicken and leek pie, some multigrain bread, cupcakes, and a stunning roast dinner on Sunday using a Ramsey stuffed pork recipe (with real crackling!!) and stuffing and real roasties!!

Stop! You're making my tummy rumble!!
I too had a bit of a blow out last week and I think I just needed it after staying on plan for so long. Although I didn't even cook fab food, I had SW meals and pigged out on chocolate... oops.
I think I feel better for it too though and hopefully it will help us get back on plan for another great stint of weight loss. Surely that's just life to let yourself go a bit mad sometimes??! :)

Actually just realised I am 0.5lb off getting my 1.5shiny back.
So I'm going to try really really hard for that this week!!!

Back