Sarah83's New Diary

I don't eat a lot of fish as find it pretty difficult to cook perfectly plus DH isn't a huge fish fan, but this is really yummy and everything is done for you!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for WI tomorrow... please please please can I have my new shiny

Good luck for your WI tomorrow - I'm sure you'll have a loss and it would be great to reach CLub 10, I felt it was a real milestone for me last week :)

Also, I had BNS last night too, mashed with sausage and peas - YUM!

Good luck for tomorrow, with the menus you've had I'm sure you'll get your award.
Is the birdseye salmon from the freezer aisle?

First of all a confession...
Last night went all to pot - we ended up going for a drink after work and decided to pick up a bottle of wine and order a take-away for tea. So completely synfull evening and I feel really really yucky today. I've really gone off drinking and the grease on the takeaway made me feel really sick.

To be fair I didn't really eat that much. We ordered and paid by card via Just-eat.co.uk and for starters it took about 2 hours to come, and the guy on the phone was SO rude to DH - he had really bad attitude and even hung up the phone on him! Well the owner delivered the food about 10pm (by which time I wasn't even hungry anymore) so I gave him a right earfull and will be looking for a refund from Just-eat. Oh and they forgot our naan bread.
Well that curry is really disagreeing with me this morning. Was supposed to be meeting my heavily pregnant friend for coffee this morning, but don't want to risk it just in case it is a bug, plus don't really want to be that far away from a toilet :sick0019: sorry tmi

Anyway clearly my icky tummy is good in one way - I can report a 1.5lb loss!!!
Am so pleased - this takes me below the elusive 200lb mark, plus gives me my 1.5stone shiny and my club10 (well another 0.2lbs would give me my club 10 but I'm taking it anyway!)

Clearly success express worked for me this week so I'll be throwing in a day a week I think, and a few more if I've had a naughty weekend!

Is the birdseye salmon from the freezer aisle?

Yep it's frozen in packs of 2 - they're individual salmon fillets sealed in their own bag with the garlic and herb butter. You cook from frozen and they steam in the butter.
Not sure how they can be syn free with the yummy butter!
They are quite expensive though so best to get them when they're on offer

Oh dear, I hope you feel better soon. And well done for your loss and your new stickers!
I think I'll buy the salmon when I go shopping next, they sound delicious and it's really handy that they're packed individually (my husband hates fish so at least if they cook in the bag they won't smell much!)
Last night I had Ainsley Harriott's lentil dahl (in a packet like couscous), it's free and it was delicious. My husband wanted an Indian take away feast too but I had defrosted some home made chicken curry already so we had a home cooked Indian feast instead!

Still feel yucky!!
Hubby is ok so I honestly think it's just a reaction to the greasiness of the food - I haven't had anything greasy in a long time so I think my body is revolting against it!!
I've just had a ginger and lemon tea bought this morning in Holland and Barratts so hopefully that will help.
We're dog-sitting my SIL's Jack Russell tonight so planning on having lots of fun breaking up fights between her and our cat!!

Saturday 9th October - Extra Easy

Breakfast: Mugshot

Lunch: Tesco healthy living tinned chicken in white sauce - half a tin (1syn) & rice

Dinner: Haddock, chorizo and new potato one pot
Recipe here adapted for SW of course - although not much adaptation needed tbh
Absolutely delish!! Syns as follows: 2.5 for chorizo, 3.5 for sherry (although could have prob done with a bit less) and HEXB for olive oil

Snacks: Ricola SF sweet (0.5syns??), French Fries (4syns), half a thorntons choc (2syns)
Oh and some freshly baked white bread and butter!!! (oops couldn't resist as DH had baked this afternoon - don't mind though as it's post weigh-in)

Total Syns: 13 - without the bread and butter!

Last edited:
Sunday 10th October - Extra Easy

Brunch: WM Toast (HEXB) and sardines in tom sauce
Lunch/Dinner: Diet coke and red wine

Snacks: Some crisps and nuts, a few chips, and a KFC i-twist (small wrap with chicken, goats cheese and onion relish)

Total Syns: Too many urggghhhh

Last edited:
Well done on your club 10 Sarah!

Ok so I screwed up again yesterday...
We thought we'd pop over to our local beer garden to sit in the sun (while I enjoyed some diet coke polishing my halo!!) but then our friends came to join us and red wine came into the equation!!

I had a lovely day though and we had a real scream, and to be fair I did drink less than normal as I was alternating with the diet cokes, and I ate barely anything yesterday either so fingers crossed won't have a negative affect on WI if I stick to plan for the rest of the week.

I am EXHAUSTED this morning though - we didn't get back until 10pm, and obviously I had to catch up with xfactor before going to bed. But then I woke up at 4.30am and couldn't get back to sleep grr...
On the plus side, I have a beautiful chicken tagine which was bubbling away in the slow cooker all day yesterday, ready to be reheated for tea with minimal effort!!

Monday 11th October - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Baked Beans
Quorn sausages

Lunch:
Chicken mugshot

Dinner:
Chicken Tagine (1.5syns)
With Lemon, herb and pomegranate couscous
Sweet chilli sauce (1.5syns)

Snacks: Banana, apple, go ahead yoghurt crispy slices (7syns)

Total Syns: 10

Last edited:
Well done on your loss this week! Urgh, the morning after the greasy night before - i feel for you! Hope you feel better now :)

Hi Sarah, I think I've found your halo in the bottle bin. I've given it a scrub and a polish - do you want it back?!
I was having a rummage in there looking for my halo which is sadly still AWOL ;)

Hi Sarah, I think I've found your halo in the bottle bin. I've given it a scrub and a polish - do you want it back?!
I was having a rummage in there looking for my halo which is sadly still AWOL ;)

:8855:

Thank you so much I was looking EVERYWHERE for that.
I'll keep an eye out for yours too!!

Hmm... I really will need to learn how to be good at weekends they are my true downfall!! On the plus side I am drinking A LOT less than I was before so I'm slowly (very slowly) creeping my way towards saintliness!
Next weekend is going to be a struggle -
Meal out on Saturday for a friends birthday. No idea where we're going, but will try and pick well. Will have wine with dinner but stick to diet coke afterwards, plus I think we're going dancing too so plenty of exercise there!

Then Sunday we're going to our local with SIL for lunch - and chances are it will be a 3 courser... or I might have 2 and just have a taste of their desserts (coz tastes don't count do they?? :p)

Just noticed how well you did at WI too!! Shiny double whammy - WELL DONE!

I've had a look back at Success Express (old rules) and it doesn't look too bad when you count quorn and eggs as superfree. I think I might have to slip some SE days in later this week to try and claw myself a loss this week!

I'm going to do 2 this week I think - Tuesday and Wednesday.
Going to make a 100% superfree squash soup for my lunches, and we're eating through the freezer this week (need to make room for all the tagine I cooked yesterday!!)
I actually found it really easy as I made veg I really enjoyed and I guess if you have something like a quorn spag bol or curry it would be dead easy as you only need to make sure your pasta or rice is just 1/3.
Plus it's great you can have 2 of each HEX's (although I did struggle having 2 B's a couple of days last week)

Tagine was nice. Different as we don't tend to eat that sort of spice if you know what I mean! It was very warming and quite sweet from the honey.
Have posted recipe in the recipe forum:
Slow Cooker Chicken Tagine

I just hope it freezes ok as have another 2 batches in the freezer now!

I served it with couscous made with lemon juice, zest, chopped mint and pomegranate (with leftovers for lunch!)

Tuesday 12th October - Success Express

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Tinned tomatoes
'Fried' egg

Lunch:
Leftover cous cous (1/3)
Roasted veg - onion, pepper, courgette, cherry toms (2/3)

Dinner:
Ummm.... pizza

Snacks: Weetabix Oaty bar (HEXB), Wispa :eek:(11syns)

Total Syns: 11 plus pizza

Last edited:
Back