Sarah83's New Diary

Ok I had another bad day yesterday. I'm just not focused at all this week. Have checked the scales and I'm up by 1.5lbs but hopefully will be able to pull it back by Saturday.
Determined to stick to it now until the end of the week.
Really annoyed at myself that I keep self sabotaging - I WILL NOT LOSE MY 1.5st

Wednesday 13th October - Success Express

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Tinned tomatoes
Quorn sausages

Lunch:
SF Squash soup - all superfree

Dinner:
Beef curry and rice (1/3)
Broccoli, cauli and green beans (2/3)

Snacks: Banana, weetabix oaty bar (HEXB), Kit Kat (5.5), Haribos (5.5)
HEXA used as milk in 2 coffees

Total Syns: 11 - not quite as low as I wanted but those haribos are awfully addictive!!

Last edited:
OMG the Lancashire Hotpot was amazing last night!!

Basically layers of:
Sliced potatoes
Lamb chunks
Sliced onions (I used leeks)
Sliced carrots
More potatoes

All layered with fresh tyme, salt and pepper, and stock.

It was stunning!!

I've also made some soup for work lunches - Britmum's spicy tomato and lentil soup

I didn't add puree so is syn free. Tasted really good yesterday when I cooked it so looking forward to eating it today, plus DH liked it too which is always a bonus!!

Yay to trying new recipes!! :party0049:

Hi there

Lovely menus and some good ideas, also loving the link for the soup!! Thank you.

xx

Lovely menus and some good ideas, also loving the link for the soup!! Thank you.

xx

Thanks hun!

I do love trying new recipes... if I managed to stick to actually eating what I plan then I'm sure I'd lose a bit more!!
Going to make sure I try new recipes next week although I do have A LOT of meals I've batch cooked in the freezer which we need to start getting through!!

Plan for the weekend

Right I need a plan for the weekend so thought I'd share with all you lovely people!!

Saturday:
Breakfast and lunch will be normal (light lunch!)
Then we're out to dinner for a friends birthday.
We're going to a restaurant in Cardiff called the Madeira - it's Portuguese
Dinner Menu

Decided will probably have for a starter either dressed crab, Gambas de casa, Madeira or Portugues Seafood (once I've asked what it is!)
Then for main, hubby loves seafood so I think we'll share the Cataplana da Casa. Not 100% sure what it is but I think it's a kinda seafood stew - and it says 'healthy dishes' so can't be that bad!

I will drink wine with the meal, maybe have a glass if we go out beforehand, then stick to diet coke afterwards

Sunday:
Light breakfast.
Out for Sunday lunch to a local pub:
Bunch of Grapes
The Sunday menu is a sample as it changes every week, but I think I will be going for a salad, seafood or soup starter. Then probably fish if not deep fried, or roast beef.
I'll try and resist dessert - having a taste of everyone elses!
I'll drink diet coke with the meal, then we'll probably have a light tea later on.

I will be 100% until then

Both of those menus look really good.. I will give you a medal if you resist the sticky toffee pudding on Sunday. I have been known to be the only one around the table to order a dessert if there's sticky toffee pudding involved...:)

I'm out Saturday evening too, but will be driving so at least it will be easy to avoid alcohol-syns. Going to see Jason Manford at Sheffield City Hall and want to make a nice evening of it with OH after he was soooo kind taxi-ing me and my friends up to York and back last weekend! Probably go for a pasta dish somewhere; that's often what I'd choose off-plan anyway! And then hopefully won't have room for dessert ;)

I'm always tend to go for a starter rather than dessert - especially if there's a yummy seafood starter on offer!
But if I've got space and there's something I really fancy then it's another story! Hopefully I'll stuff myself on the first 2 courses so won't have room!!
I'm not normally very controlled when it comes to eating out so it will take a lot of restraint for me to be good!

Your weekend sounds fab - I love Jason Manford he's hilarious!! Is it just the two of you going?

Oh my God the Madeira menu looks LUSH! Jealous :jelous:! Enjoy!!

100% - Day 2

Well today is really a green day but I'm still going to follow the success express principles - edit - changed to green as craaaving carbs!

Thursday 14th October - Green

Breakfast:
WM Toast
Baked beans
Mushrooms and fried egg

Lunch:
Oops - just coffee!!

Dinner:
Smash pizza
Cheese: HEXA1 & half HEXA2)
Passatta, Spring Onion, pepper, olives (1.5syns)
SW Wedges with chicken oxo sprinkled on top
BBQ Sauce (1syn)

Snacks: coffeemate (1syn), milk for coffee (half HEXA2), banana, Oaty Bar (HEXB), apple, Haribos (2.5syns)

Syns: 6

Last edited:
Well done, that looks like a really good menu for today (as long as you do have something other than coffee for lunch!). I love veggie chilli, I think I'll make one on Sunday :)

Success Express looks tempting, especially as it seems to work so well for you! Need to do some batch cooking myself, once i get the freezer emptied of what is already in there! And i'm with you on the starter thing. I either skip it, or choose it over dessert, far easier to keep on the straight and narrow in the starter department! But if there is cherry pie in the room......run! :)

In an ideal world, I would often go for starter and dessert but skip the main! But you can't really do that without looking like the odd one out. Or odd one, full stop!

Starters always do seem better...
But if there's a really nice dessert on the menu then it's so hard to resist.
My eating out situation has just got sooo much worse as well!!
I'm going to Frankie & Bennies next Friday pre-WI aaagh!!
Had a quick look at the menu online - think I'll opt for a tomato and mozarella salad - without oil, counting 2xHEXas for the cheese, then spaghetti arrabiatta for main - counting 2xHEXbs for the oil.

My plan is to be syn free apart from the meals on Sat, Sun and Fri. Then for the other days I'll keep to 5 syns.
Trouble is I'm away with work for 2 days too - Doncaster on Tuesday and Birmingham on Thursday. No overnight stays though phew!

Busy busy! I'm going to Frankie and Benny's on a hen do on 29th Oct - dreading all that fried food that will no doubt lure me in :eek:

I'm sure you will be fine on your business trips - just take lots of fruit and a couple of alpen lights in your handbag to try and stop you being too tempted by naughties at lunch time!

In an ideal world, I would often go for starter and dessert but skip the main! But you can't really do that without looking like the odd one out. Or odd one, full stop!

Usually it's the starters I really love - I love picky foods!!
So for me I would probably prefer a starter for starter, a starter for main and a starter for dessert!!! :p

The best food for me is tapas - but DH does not like :(
I love to try lots of different things rather than go for one dish!

I'm specifically getting some alpen lights ready - at least you can have 2!!
Luckily I always know what the buffets will be and can work around them - always just sandwiches and fruit so luckily no tasty crisps/pastries/cakes to tempt me!! It's the boredom while travelling that really gets me... but I will have a bag full of syn free goodies to keep me going.

I love green days - you feel like you've had the naughtiest day yet end up having less syns than normal ??

I made an amazing smash pizza - haven't had one in so long forgot how good they are! Topped with passatta, really strong cheddar, red pepper, spring onion, swcorn and olives - yum yum yum.
Served with some tasty potato wedges and BBQ sauce.

Did someone say this was a diet???

100% Day 3

Friday 15th October - Success Express

Breakfast:
WM Toast (HEXB)
Scrambled eggs
Baked beans
Light spread (1syn)

Lunch:
Vegetable chilli (1 syn)
Roasted peppers, onions & courgette

Dinner: