Sarah83's New Diary

Hi, I'm doing ok. Still in quite a lot of pain, particularly going from sitting to standing, but it is better than it was.
Had midwife appointment and she said it probably won't get completely better until after I've had the baby.
Off today - we had a good deal off sky (after threatening to cancel) so have had HD installed :)
Also waiting for the British heart foundation to come and pick up some of the furniture from our lounge/diner that we're replacing.
Then tonight we've got a lovely stay away planned at the hotel where we got married. Got a fab dinner, bed and breakfast deal off groupon... So really excited about that, in fact better go and pack for tonight!!

Hi everyone!
Hope you're all ok!

Just come back from a weeks holiday in not so sunny Tenby. Had a lovely time - we'd rented an apartment with an amazing sea view and had a lovely week of just chilling out.
Weather was rubbish but it really didn't matter and to be honest if it had been as hot as it was today then there's no way I would have coped!

Everything with bump is going good - I'm feeling the baby kick all the time now and last night my hubby got to feel and see the baby move for the first time which was amazing!

I'm feeling great too - still pretty sore sitting down from my fall but apart from my that and my huge swollen ankles and feet (living in my sketchers tone ups) everything's great!

Hope you're all doing ok xx

Sorry about my lack of updates.
I'm off work at the mo - have swollen tendons around my left hip resulting in very sharp pains which get worse the more active I am. Going to try and get back to the docs this afternoon and get signed off for the week to try and rest it out.

Everything is going well with the baby - I'm feeling movements all the time now, but I'm ready for the next 12 weeks to be over now to be honest, just hope they fly by as fast as the rest of the pregnancy.

Foodwise I'm not doing so well. I'm trying to eat lots of fruit but that's about where the good intentions stop. I braved the scales on Saturday and I'm now a whopping 16 stone 2lbs!! Meaning I've put on 2stone 1lb already eek!

I honestly can't see where I've put it on apart from my huge bump and I'm in the right frame of mind to get back onto plan as soon as the baby's born so I'm sure I'll get it off in no time

Hope everyones doing ok

Hi Sarah,

I'm so pleased your pregnancy is going so well :)
i've been on the other side (ww) for a few months but i'm back for the next 8 weeks as i'm off on holiday and need to shift some weight fast and WW is more of a lifestyle for me now and i lose 1.5lbs each week but not quite quick enough for getting into my bikini.

My Sis has her baby 1 week tomorrow, she's half way through chemo and is doing really well, they have told her that all being well she'll make a full recovery so needless to say i'm over the moon.

Take care xx

So glad to hear from you - I've been thinking about you and your sister so really pleased she's doing well.
Wow bet she's excited about the baby!

Good luck with your push to lose those bikini lbs, and glad to hear WW is working so well for you. It's not a diet I've ever fancied myself (too much counting!)

Hi Sarah,

After being off plan for about 10 months I am now desperately trying to get back on track!!

Just been having a read through you diaries Congrat's on your pregnancy x

I was an absolute nightmare when I was pregnant and i've never managed to get back to where I was...My daughter is now 4 so I've gone a bit wrong somewhere!!!

Anyway, Looking forward to hearing how you are getting on.

Take care x

Hi Sarah, my gorgeous nephew Oliver was born on Wednesday and is making fantastic progress, he's fighting and getting stronger everyday. My sis is doing well too and is coming home tomorrow. Hope you're well xx

Congrats on baby Oliver. How many weeks was your sis when she had him?
Glad he's healthy and she's doing well, must have been such a tough thing to go through.
How's your stint back on SW doing?

She was 33 weeks, he's doing better than anyone expected :0)
I'm just a bit ***** at any sort of dieting and have no organisation in my life, I've just read through my food diary and think j need to make some 12 syn cake and some rice pudding to keep me from snacking, think I'll have to ban chocolate!!
Holiday in 6 weeks and that is seriously not enough time to get thin but I have to try my best....just got to get my arse in gear!

So glad he's doing well.
You can only try your best food-wise what with everything going on, and you'll have an amazing time on hols no matter how much you lose x

Thanks hun, he's out of his incubator today and taking his feeds from a bottle, he's amazing!!
I had rice pudding for brekkie :0)

RIGHT!!! I need a plan of action...

I finish work on Friday - early I know, but it's a combination really of the pains I've been getting in my hips, the all round tiredness, as well as generally not being able to get comfy ever! Oh and the fact that I will be made redundant at the end of my maternity leave so I don't have to rush back to work...

Anyway I really need a plan to slow down the excessive weight gain I've been having. I'm not really bothered by it on the outset - I don't look like I've put on weight (apart from my huge bump) but somehow I've put on 2 stone, and that was a couple of weeks ago so probably more by now.
I was hoping to put on a max of 2 stone in the whole pregnancy, but I've still got 10 weeks to go so I really want to try and reign it in before it gets completely out of hand.

My main problem at the moment is being too tired to plan and put the effort into cooking. Well once I'm off I won't have that excuse anymore!! Plus it gives me more options for things like lunches as I can have hot, freshly prepared lunches rather than something shoved into a tupperware.

So... I bought the latest SW mag this morning for inspiration, and I'm going to make a food plan, possibly starting Saturday, possibly starting Monday. It won't be SW 100% but it will be a hell of a lot better than what I'm doing at the mo.

Wish me luck!!

Hi! Congrats on your pregnancy, not long to go now! :D

In terms of inspiration, I had the turmeric spiced potatoes in the latest SW magazine with a homemade curry and they were lovely! Have also seen some good reports about the beetroot houmous around the forum. :D

Oooh thanks those potatoes sound yum! I've had a flick through but not a proper look yet.

I can't make my mind up whether to go right back to basics and do the 7 day menu (either all from this mag, or from the piles of old mags I've got!) or just pick out all the things I fancy.

It's a bit tricky as I don't want to spend loads at the mo - need to start being much tighter with money as in a few months we'll have to somehow survive on less than half my salary. So it will be frugal SW!!

Good luck!

Frugal SW isn't so bad, I've been doing it for months! I just adore things like cottage pie, jambalaya, sausage and SW chips, and stuffed chicken breasts as they don't take loads of prep, and are tasty. Did hassleback potatoes yesterday for the first time in ages, quite nice. Skipped the parmesan and breadcrumbs though.

I work from home, so my lunches usually consist of pasta, SW wedges or stuffed WM pitta.

I know frugal SW can be done, and I'm quite excited about it actually! Looking forward to lunches at home - Jacket potato, omelette, things on toast. But I'm not going to be hard on myself - I'm just aiming to be better not perfect!

Oooh thanks those potatoes sound yum! I've had a flick through but not a proper look yet.

I can't make my mind up whether to go right back to basics and do the 7 day menu (either all from this mag, or from the piles of old mags I've got!) or just pick out all the things I fancy.

It's a bit tricky as I don't want to spend loads at the mo - need to start being much tighter with money as in a few months we'll have to somehow survive on less than half my salary. So it will be frugal SW!!

I'm back to following the magazines as the discipline works best for me, although I do make a few changes to suit what is in my cupboard to keep the price down...some of the mealk plans have three different cereals in which I swap and use the same one three times. I just find all the fruit and veg expensive especially when it goes off so quick and you don't use the whole pack sometimes - I am trying to get to a green-grocers more often though as you have more freedom over pack sizes than with online shopping!

Good luck with getting back on plan x

Back